Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got A Ticket For Littering

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I posted about my ticket here because, had this happened to me in LA, I would have called at least 10 friends and vented about it, HT has been a good resource for me to vent and get feedback.

I brought up helping a stranger because I feel like nobody ever hears about the nice caring things that I do all the time. Actually, there were two people that I came across over Halloween night that needed medical attention, and one poor girl who was being harassed, and tho I wanted to share that, I also did not want to give the impression that I was hanging out with crazies on drugs, and I didn't realize that anybody would connect the two incidents as though I was seeking 'street penance'.
    Since the Halloween encounters were unrelated to your littering ticket experience that should have been on new thread, not with this thread.

Comment

When I used to smoke in my car I always pinched the "cherry" out and stuffed the butt into a container in the car.

Now, although I still smoke professionally, I don't do it in the car (I've since changed vehicles). It severely hurts the resale value.

Speaking of "pinching cherries," that's what I do when I smoke on the street. I pinch out the burning tobacco and stamp it out, then toss the butt into the trash.

Comment

Best line of the day ---
        Originally posted by dick View Post
        ... although I still smoke professionally ...

Comment

Now, although I still smoke professionally
          Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Best line of the day ---
          I wondered about that, too. Why would someone smoke "professionally"?
          • An actor playing the role of a smoker?
          • Orders tobacco products for a store and needs to "try the products"?
          • Owns a tobacco store and needs to set an example to potential customers by being a smoker?
          • Is actually a teenager, and his "job" is trying to look "punk" to other impressionable teens?
          I'm guessing I've missed the real reason, anyone else have an idea? Dick, tell us please.
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Now, although I still smoke professionally, I don't do it in the car
            The only smoking I know where you get paid is smoking a pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              The only smoking I know where you get paid is smoking a pipe.
              HuH? Maybe I've had too much of TimKona's free redistributed beer, but what????

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                HuH? Maybe I've had too much of TimKona's free redistributed beer, but what????
                The hint of what smoking a pipe referes to is the poster's name. You didn't catch the number of innuendos of that post. It was like an Austin Powers movie.

Comment

I'll let you all keep guessing... adds to the smoky drama...

Comment

I wondered about that, too. Why would someone smoke "professionally"?
                    • An actor playing the role of a smoker?
                    • Orders tobacco products for a store and needs to "try the products"?
                    • Owns a tobacco store and needs to set an example to potential customers by being a smoker?
                    • Is actually a teenager, and his "job" is trying to look "punk" to other impressionable teens?
                    I'm guessing I've missed the real reason, anyone else have an idea?
                    What about those “research studies” where they do experiments on Japanese male smokers (monetarily compensated for their time) in the pursuit of a cure for cancer? [Richard isn’t Japanese as far as I can tell, though he did spend time in Japan ]

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      The hint of what smoking a pipe referes to is the poster's name. You didn't catch the number of innuendos of that post. It was like an Austin Powers movie.
                      I did not catch ANY of the innuendos of that post. By the way, I hate Austin Powers movies.
                      But, I'm usually pretty good at innuendos.
                      Someone want to clue me in on the smoking remark, thanks, but if not I guess I'll survive not knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        [Richard isn’t Japanese as far as I can tell, though he did spend time in Japan ]
                        And he can see Japan from his front door!
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Someone want to clue me in on the smoking remark, thanks, but if not I guess I'll survive not knowing.
                          Your password clue is Lewinsky,

Comment

Jeez! 12 years of catholic school never taught me how intolerant the world can be!!!!!!!!
                            Amen, fellow Catholic School Sister! Amen!

I think it sucks you got ticketed. Yeah, littering is bad. We shouldn't do it. I know why. Everyone knows why. But...aren't there bigger crimes the cops could be out there busting people for?

As a fellow newbie, I totally understand your "newbie mistake thing". No one's explained anything to me, and in just 10 days I've already:
                            1. Crashed our rental car (I swear it was just a scratch)
                            2. Introduced myself to someone's kids by my first name (NO ONE has ever called me Mrs, even though I've been married almost 4 years, and I'm only 27)
                            3. Accidently offended a bunch of people who live in Ewa Beach (I honestly didn't mean to say it was a bad part of town. I was just quoting a different website)
                            4. Left my flip-fl...I mean slippahs on in the guy next door's house b/c we live RIGHT on the beach and have glossy concrete floors, so everyone's feet are black and I didn't want to get his carpet dirty.

Oops.

I smoked a few years ago and I did the water bottle thing, but if I forgot the bottle....I'll admit once or twice the cig went out the window. I'm not proud of it, but there you go. In Texas, anyone can take down your plate number and send it in and in a week you will get an official-looking envelope from the cops saying you were spotted littering at this intersection at this time. Jason and I each got one within a week of each other. But they can't really do anything other than that.

Maybe if you organized some kind of litter-pick up project that might help your ticket. Or made educational material for kids on the effects of littering. Taking in bags of trash might give off an a$$ kissing impression or look too sarcastic. If you need a recruit for picking up trash on the beach, let me know. It might be good absolution for my past littering sins.
                            Last edited by surlygirly; November 6, 2008, 12:10 AM. Reason: Renegade Smiley

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post

I am not a litterbug!! I just made a rah decision. I pick up trash all the time, at the beach and while out walking. I often pick up other peoples' cig butts and garbage. I want Hawaii to remain beautiful and trash free. I know that every piece of litter that doesn't make it to a trashcan will make its way into our ocean and onto our reef, or into the mouths of turtles or the blowholes of dolphins.
                              I find it hard to believe you are not a litter bug, and I find it harder to believe your words too! If litter was really your concern darling, that cigarette butt would have never seen the light of day! First off you need to quit you filthy habit.

Lucky I wasn't behind you. I have verbally trashed people in traffic I have seen throwing their butts out their car window! Think better next time before you react!

Comment

Originally posted by Beachboy View Post
                                I have seen throwing their butts out their car window!
                                That's called "mooning" not littering!
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X