Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. The question is, do you hate it? So, what's up?
    Actually, I love it. It has come out of stories I made up and told to my students for years. After many, many people who have urged me to do something with it - now I have. BTW - more info is under the announcement section.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
      Actually, I love it..
      Then blessed be and go for it!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Hey ... where did EVERYBODY go? I'm seeing no new posts in 5.5 hours. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Do-do-DO-do,do-do-DO-do....

Either we've all been abducted, ... or maybe there's nothing NEW????
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Cant say I'm Nice, If its raining or I think it is, then I send out the dog. If he comes in wet then I know it's chucking it down.
            He brings in from time to time half a postmans leg. Still waiting for instructions from SusieMijohn as to how to cook this stuff the dog brings back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              Either we've all been abducted, ... or maybe there's nothing NEW????
              Yeah - it seemed to have been a collective "night away from the computer" for a lot of the Hawai`i-related boards I frequent.

I even checked on a couple folks' Twitter accounts, wondering if there was any kind of communications problem in the Islands.

All I learned was that one of the couples here decided to go to Counter Burger last night. (Oh - and that they will be opening a shop here in Seattle later this year!)

Comment

It'll get busier when people are back at their workplaces...
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Hey ... where did EVERYBODY go?
                  I don't know about the rest of everybody, but personally, for the past three weeks I've been taking some courses to get a certain accreditation so between that and work I've been wrapped up for something like 14 hours a day, seven days a week. Just finished the course, and passed it with high honors. Hooray!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Just finished the course, and passed it with high honors. Hooray!
                    Huzzah - and congratulations, LikaNui!

The AF speculated everyone might have been interested in the Punahou-Kamehameha volleyball championship game last night.

Comment

• Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Huzzah - and congratulations, LikaNui!

+1 *cheers*
                      The AF speculated everyone might have been interested in the Punahou-Kamehameha volleyball championship game last night.
                      huh. really? not in this house. first of all, one of us was sick with an unpleasant tummy bug. secondly, the only high school colors in this house are red and black plus white. *wink*

no disrespect to either punahou or kamehameha, and no diminishing of the accomplishments of either team, of course.
                      Last edited by cynsaligia; May 17, 2009, 09:06 AM.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I attended a Mama Mia matinee yesterday...then to PF Changs for an early dinner. What volleyball game!

Comment

I think there was a lot happening yesterday. Besides volleyball games, and UH baseball game, there was UH graduation yesterday, and many parties afterwards.

Comment

S'pose I am nice in some ways ? I post recipes and haven't killied anybody yet. My stories go over most yanks heads. Most of your governmental chat,,, I just don't understand.
                            I've got a lot of friends on Oahu and some will come to me this year. They love to get off the rock,,,, as they put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                              They love to get off the rock,,,, as they put it.
                              Don't you just live on a bigger rock?

Comment

Don't you just live on a bigger rock?
                                Yeah, I guess we ALL live on bigger or lesser rocks, all on the REALLY big rock - Earth.

Reminds me of an old ditty from high-school science:

"Big bugs have little bugs
                                upon their backs to bite 'em,
                                and little bugs have lesser bugs,
                                and so ad infinitum."

ad infinitum = Latin for 'into infinity,' forever, etc.

But you knew that....
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X