Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gun Control

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Four of the six jurors were gun nuts. It wasn't Zimmerman who was on trial, it was gun control that was on trial and the jury was packed with gun nuts. Even the prosecutor admitted he was a gun nut.

And now, apparently, Zimmerman gets his gun back. I think anyone who encounters Zimmerman now should be able to claim "great fear of their life" and claim self-defense.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
    I do not believe in this ignorance and arrogance. Any judge would kick matapule out for biased prejudice. "Gun Nut" as used by Matapule is an equivalent epithet to "
    Nigger.
    " It's a term with no real meaning, meant only to demean a member of a group other than your own, and should be banned, for the same reason.

For anyone to scatter this term among members of a legal body indiscriminately is tantamount to a new form of racism, without reference to race, only casual reference to social preferences being involved.

Can we also have "dog nuts," "Car nuts," etc being used as valid terms of demeaning others?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Back to lurking now...
      Then, I must lurk too. I will follow.

Comment

Interesting about the gun nuts including the prosecutor. Gun nuts are usually rightists, who seem to trend toward racism a bit more often than normal people. The pieces fall into place. Can there be any doubt prosecutors in the Rodney King beating case wanted that case to fail, allowing it to be moved to an all white neighborhood, Simi Valley, and filled with pro police jurors? Prosecutors are naturally tight with police and authoritarian figures and how could that not include make believe cops like Zimmerman. Anyway, American justice again has kukae all over its face, humiliating itself again before the entire world and our own citizens, convincing tens of millions of people that the justice system is dependably unjust, you can count on it. I guess we always knew that. Rich white people usually get off. Anderson Cooper had an interesting stat last night on CNN, that all white juries convict Black defendants at a 17 % higher rate than they do white defendants, but if a single Black is included on a jury the conviction rates for Black and white defendants become virtually identical. So again, not putting a Black on the Zimmerman jury could have been a deliberate ploy to throw the verdict the way the prosecutors really wanted it to go, just as in the Rodney King beating trial.

Comment

Four of the six jurors were gun nuts. It wasn't Zimmerman who was on trial, it was gun control that was on trial and the jury was packed with gun nuts. Even the prosecutor admitted he was a gun nut.

And now, apparently, Zimmerman gets his gun back. I think anyone who encounters Zimmerman now should be able to claim "great fear of their life" and claim self-defense.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!
          mind citing a source?
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            mind citing a source?
            I watched the entire trial live on HLN TV. Did you?
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I watched the entire trial live on HLN TV. Did you?
              Didn't you know? Matapule can identify a gun nut just by looking at them on TV.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Its like a whole new kind of hunting. Zimmerman went hunting and brought down his prey and the legal system is fine with that.

A friend is Black, he's real big like about 6'5". One day as he's stepping out of his own house a cop jams a gun in his face and commands him to lie in the gutter. There's a criminal in the neighborhood, a short white man. What was the cop reacting to other than the same kind of primal racist fear that Zimmerman had of Martin, the same fear of the unknown that made the nice lady jurors fine with approving the murder of Martin. Maybe Florida can cash in on this style of hunting, I'm sure there are loads of people who would pay to enjoy hunting human prey. As long as its legal in Florida and it obviously is, they might as well make some money on it.

Comment

I spent that week at the annual conference of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association...

ILEETA’s 700-plus attendees train cops for the streets...

At ILEETA, I was attending a course on interdicting active mass-murderers when it was announced that the universal background check bill sank in the Senate, and witnessed the audience of police instructors burst out in spontaneous applause.
                  RUT-ROH!

Gun nuts are training police officers!?!? They may infect them with gun nuttiness!!!

I was at a police seminar on the topic of active shooters...

Another panelist, a retired SWAT lieutenant...

When a retired police chief on the panel announced that he’d just received a text that the UBC had failed to make it through the Senate, the police audience erupted into applause.
                  OH NOES! It's 2 LATE!

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                    the same fear of the unknown that made the nice lady jurors fine with approving the murder of Martin.
                    It is a new form of lynching in the South, when armed white men would string up unarmed black men to "teach those uppity blacks a thing or two." Unfortunately many Hispanic people are just as racist toward Blacks as their Anglo counterparts. Zimmerman's mother (from Ecuador I believe) has been quoted in the past with outrageous statements about Blacks. Zimmerman's brother made a fool of himself with racist comments on television a couple of nights ago.

The fact is Trayvon would still be alive today if Zimmerman had not been fortified with his gun.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Interesting, the law enforcement peoples reactions against background checks. On the surface you might expect that they'd like background checks because it would make their work easier. But they are the authoritarian personality, often. The biggest bully in my high school became a cop. I have met good cops, nice cops, but also rude ones who knew they had the upper hand and used their power to abuse, humiliate, and insult. Zimmerman fits right in, clearly a cop wanna be, throwing his considerable weight around, bullying people. Funny how the public falls in line with that. Some famous psych analysis found criminals and cops have very similar personalities. So law enforcement people being gun fans should be no surprise and opposing laws that would have made their actual work easier is no surprise either, its just another manifestation of that authoritarian drive to dominate people. And you can't dominate people any uh...better...than shooting them, can you.

Cops abusing authority, abusing citizens is one of the prime reasons they often have so much trouble in minority communities. They don't just create mistrust, they create hatred. The LAPD produced the Watts Riots in 1965 and almost 30 years later with none of their racist violence abated they created the Rodney King verdict riots. You cannot plug up a volcano forever. Sooner or later it will explode. And in a country as well armed as America that is really, really asking for trouble. So weed out the abusive authoritarian personalities. Maybe thats why Zimmerman never made the force. Through this whole mess the Dylan song, "Its A Hard Rain Gonna Fall" keeps going through my head.

Comment

Had the Randi Rhodes show on the computer this afternoon, KTLK, she had some interesting facts on Zimmerman: girlfriend got a restraining order against him because he beat her up, a female cousin claims he molested her, and his mom is a "loud and proud" racist. Somehow the so minor dirt about Martin having smoked a little herb came out but this much more damaging info on Zimmerman didn't. Oh I do smell a rat.

Back in the early days of the AFL the Chargers were scheduled to play Houston at Rice Stadium which at the time was segregated, the team said they would not play unless the stadium was integrated, so it was. I think it would be nice if beginning with Black athletes and including sympathetic white athletes, Florida just got boycotted. No more Marlins, Dolphins, Devil Rays. Just reverse the verdict in the Zimmerman case. Why care about the Constitution banning double jeopardy, so what, it also proclaims equal protection under the law and if thats going to be ignored, ignoring the double jeopardy clause is just as legitimate. In fact, its necessary. Fit Florida with a really unpleasant situation. They didn't care who they hurt, give it right back to them and see how they like it. Maybe they won't feel so free to murder Black teenagers if it puts their precious Dolphins and the rest of their pro teams out of business. Maybe get the college athletes to join in, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                          Had the Randi Rhodes show on the computer this afternoon, KTLK, she had some interesting facts on Zimmerman: girlfriend got a restraining order against him because he beat her up, a female cousin claims he molested her, and his mom is a "loud and proud" racist. Somehow the so minor dirt about Martin having smoked a little herb came out but this much more damaging info on Zimmerman didn't. Oh I do smell a rat.
                          As I understand it, our legal system does not allow a jury to consider whether an accused is a good person or a bad person, in deciding its verdict, much less whether his mother is a racist, or his cousin once claimed molestation, or his former girlfriend is mad at him. The jury is supposed to decide whether he actually did the crime he is charged with. That's all.
                          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                            The jury is supposed to decide whether he actually did the crime he is charged with. That's all.
                            Zimmerman was not charged with violating "stand your ground" law, but juror B37 said that in jury deliberations they did consider whether Zimmerman violated "stand your ground." The jury DID NOT do their job. They did more than "that's all."

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Actually character witnesses are fairly common. Zimmerman was marketed as a harmless chubby cop wanna be, but I think knowing that he has a history of beating up women and molesting girls gives valuable insight into his personality. Call me old fashioned but to me hitting women is never right, doing that marks a man as the worst kind of scum. The only lower form of life is a molester but Zimmerman seems to have had that ground covered too. It would have been nice if the jury could have known that about his personality. However those genteel white (and one hispanic) racists would have approved the murder of Martin no matter what; he was Black and we all know "those a. holes always get away with it." In Zimmerman's words. Even bleeping out Zimmerman's hateful obscenities hid his real personality from the public. I have never caught Randi in any errors, she is meticulous in checking her facts before she puts them on the air, these accusations against Zimmerman are mighty incendiary, I don't think she would have aired them without firm confirmation.
                              Last edited by Kalalau; July 20, 2013, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Aurora Shooting Survivor: 'You Shouldn't Wait Until It (GUN VIOLENCE) Affects You To Start Caring'

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X