• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Breakfast - Chapter 2

Bottle of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

99 cents breakfast from Harry's Cafe/Christy's Diner on Kamakee/?? One scoop white rice, one scrambled egg and one piece of luncheon meat. Packed into a small syrofoam bowl and covered with foil. For the price it made for a good breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by chibi View Post
          99 cents breakfast from Harry's Cafe/Christy's Diner on Kamakee/?? One scoop white rice, one scrambled egg and one piece of luncheon meat. Packed into a small syrofoam bowl and covered with foil. For the price it made for a good breakfast.
          Christy's had that breakfast special going...forever!!! I don't know how she does it. A friend and I used to meet there a lot and always enjoyed seeing all the regulars. Does she still have the soft drink menu board on the wall...the one showing all the different size cups along with the same price for every size, followed by her 'mission statement'..."because we love everybody"?!!! And, does she still have the Corvette sitting out front? As you can tell, I haven't been there in awhile but I always enjoyed the "greasy spoon", "bowels of Kakaako", local feel of the place.

Comment

I'm about to take a break from spring cleaning and make some scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, a raisin-cinnamon english muffin, and a glass of milk.
            I'll work it off by going for a swim and snorkeling on the beach right outside, then more spring cleaning.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Can of Diet Coke at the Hawaii Geek Meet at Magic Island.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Christy's had that breakfast special going...forever!!! I don't know how she does it. A friend and I used to meet there a lot and always enjoyed seeing all the regulars. Does she still have the soft drink menu board on the wall...the one showing all the different size cups along with the same price for every size, followed by her 'mission statement'..."because we love everybody"?!!! And, does she still have the Corvette sitting out front? As you can tell, I haven't been there in awhile but I always enjoyed the "greasy spoon", "bowels of Kakaako", local feel of the place.
                Sorry, I was double parked so I really wasn't paying attention to the decor. It does have a warm and cozy feel to it. The size of the "special" has been greatly reduced however, still a good bargain. I will have to pay special attention next time and will report back.

Comment

A bottle of Diet Pepsi from a vending machine.

Comment

A can of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

A Babe Ruth candy bar and a can of Mountain Dew from the vending machines.

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Had the first of an eight-pack of Golden Coin char siu manapua purchased from Costco. Yum!

Comment

a Costco chocolate muffin and a cup of decaf coffee
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Bottle of orange G2 from a vending machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X