New Establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Establishments

There's a new burger joint accross from Times on Beretania St., American Burger Co., or similar, next to Beretania Flowers.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

Judging just by the names alone, I'm a little skeptical these will catch on. Then again, I was skeptical Buffalo Wild Wings in the Discovery Bay Center in Waikiki would catch on, but the place PACKS A CROWD! Boy, do they pack 'em in on football weekends. Crazy busy.
      Those of us who are loyal fans of the B-dubs (original opened in OH!) would never forsake it if it came here. Back in the day I used to not allow people to stay at my place if they were visiting HI unless they provided two things: Bath and Bodyworks lotions AND the Blazin' sauce from B-dubs. Unfortunately it has a tendency to separate on the plane (the Blazin' I mean). I was so happy it opened in HI...sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        There's a new burger joint accross from Times on Beretania St., American Burger Co., or similar, next to Beretania Flowers.
        Saw one of my pals post a pic of a burger from there. Wondering if they only serve beef burgers or if there are other burger options?

Comment

Honolulu Burger Co.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Noticed they are building a Panda Express on South King Street between Kaheka Street and Kalakaua Aveuve. Seems to have a drive thru window too.

Comment

I don't know when it started operations but that Panda Express location on South King Street is now open.

Comment

Has anyone tried Jollibee yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                  Has anyone tried Jollibee yet?
                  Not yet, but I sure will as soon as possible. I'm just waiting for the newness to wear off a bit - lines are still 45 minutes long at almost all hours.
                  They're considering opening more locations here. Hooray!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Has anybody been to Da Falafel King in Waikiki? I've heard great things, but I've yet to try it myself...

Comment

Adding to the growing truck brigade of wonderful food is Camille's on Wheels. I had a terrific lunch there yesterday. Her location is on Kapaa Quarry Rd. in the All Pool & Spa parking lot which also adjoins Tropical Clay, King & Zelko and Bali Boo amongst other industrial bays there. She was serving up kalbi tacos, shoyu tacos, roast pork tacos, salmon tacos with some incredible sides. I chose both the shoyu and a kalbii both were juicy with the right amount of "crisp" on the outside.
                      Double soft taco shells encase the meat with cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes a great sauce and cilantro.
                      A triumph for the taste buds was her side of quinoa/cashew/raisins was just the best way to complement the tacos as well as the side of black beans and rice. She also had blue velvet cupcakes which made me think of Bobby Vinton and his hit song........She is also found at the front of Hardware Hawaii in Kailua which is where she is today. I am going again next week!

Comment

http://www.tasteofaloha.com/restaurants/jin+din+rou

I ate at this chain in Shanghai. I like it. Looking forward to eating there.
                        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                          Adding to the growing truck brigade of wonderful food is Camille's on Wheels. I had a terrific lunch there yesterday. Her location is on Kapaa Quarry Rd.[...]She is also found at the front of Hardware Hawaii in Kailua which is where she is today.[...]
                          For the time being she's going to stay with the Hardware Hawaii location. She prefers it to Kapaa Quarry Rd.

Today I had a shoyu chicken taco and a vegetarian (portabello mushroom) taco with a side of spicy rice. The tortillas are homemade. It was all yum!

Camille can be followed on Facebook and Twitter.

Comment

I saw on last night's K-5 news that Koa Pancake House has just opened a new branch in Hawaii Kai, in the same shopping center as Costco and Ross.
                            That reminded me that I hadn't eaten at the original Koa here in Kaneohe for a while, so I had breakfast there this morning -- spinach omelette and home fries. And it was, of course, YUM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Went to a Chinese Restaurant in Ala Moana Mall today. Name is Jade Dynasty. Located in a space formerly occupied by Osho. Went to Osho once or maybe twice and never felt the urge to return. Osho was alright and I felt if I was on vacation and ate there I would consider it a cool experience of eating in a Japanese restaurant in Hawaii. But it was actually kind of pedestrian.

Jade Dynasty calls itself a seafood restaurant but I went there for the dim sum. It was all pretty good.They make it when you order it and bring it to the table promptly despite being very busy. I recommend reservations as we showed up without one and had a 15 to twenty minute wait. Very comfortable, ornately decorated and very reasonably priced. Prices are comparable to the crowded, noisy, spartan dim sum houses in Chinatown.

I am looking forward to dining at the Jade Dynasty again soon. Plan to phone ahead and make a reservation next time.
                              You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                I saw on last night's K-5 news that Koa Pancake House has just opened a new branch in Hawaii Kai, in the same shopping center as Costco and Ross.
                                That reminded me that I hadn't eaten at the original Koa here in Kaneohe for a while, so I had breakfast there this morning -- spinach omelette and home fries. And it was, of course, YUM.
                                What else is good there? I've never been and been in Kaneohe for 18 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X