Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Log-in issues

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    So...I cleared everything awhile back. Didn't help. Now I'm being asked to log in more than once a day. Once logged in, when I submit a reply, I get a dialogue box saying I'm not logged in and to log in again! I don't mind once a day but now it's getting excessive...and frustrating. I'm not going to bother Ryan with this right now.
    Did you remember to check the little "Remember Me" box just below the log in info area?

if things have been cleared out, and cleaned, then it will need to be checked again to stay logged in. . . I know we already covered it, just throwing out my sometimes useless $.02

I will give a +1 to the Freeware CCleaner program, good stuff. NOTE: Sometimes it will recognize parts of your registry, or system files, and will recommend them to be removed. . . if you do, it starts a whole new world of hurt, so just read through it all carefully.

Alos, hitman pro v.3+(I can't recall what incarnation they are on), it's a Dutch program, so DL in English if you decide to check it out. It is a great comprehensive program to root out malware, spyware, registry issues, cookies that get buried and buried, cache info that gets buried. . . it's pretty solid.
    Last edited by TATTRAT; June 12, 2012, 05:56 PM.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Thanks to each of you. Looks like I'm going to have to set aside some time to devote to this.

LL...yes, using do not track.

Tatt...yes, I've been clicking remember me every time...just in case!!!
      Last edited by tutusue; June 12, 2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Thanks to each of you. Looks like I'm going to have to set aside some time to devote to this.

LL...yes, using do not track.

Tatt...yes, I've been clicking remember me every time...just in case!!!
        Poop! I'm so sorry, hon!

Hope it gets sorted!
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

Tatt...go to bed! It's already tomorrow in your neck 'o the woods!!!

Comment

Are you still on Firefox 12 or did you upgrade to Firefox 13? Also are there any other web browsers available on your Macintosh? If so would it be possible to try HawaiiThreads on those other browers? You don't have to switch your day to day web browsing to the other browser.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              Are you still on Firefox 12 or did you upgrade to Firefox 13? Also are there any other web browsers available on your Macintosh? If so would it be possible to try HawaiiThreads on those other browers? You don't have to switch your day to day web browsing to the other browser.
              FF 13 now, Helen.
              I just tried Safari. I had to log in initially. Then I quit Safari, reopened it and I stayed logged in.
              Does that help?

Comment

My Safari 5.1.7 stays logged in all the time.. and when I leave the Mac, turn off Safari and then come back the next day... login is automatic, and I'm in without having to enter username and PW.

With Firefox I have to login for every new session.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Interesting, Mel. I permanently stayed logged in on Firefox 'til about 6 weeks ago. Not you. And we're both using Macs. The plot thickens!

Comment

I'm on Firefox 13 on a PC, but I've not had a login issue like this ever; almost any time I open HT I am automatically logged in (just as it sounds like you used to be, Sue). I think you need to find a techie to come by and see if they can identify what hidden setting on your Mac is causing this issue.

Comment

Yep, 7 years of automatic log-ins 'til recently. In life's big picture it's not really important. But it drives me crazy to not know why it happened...one day...out of the blue! Maybe it's the Universe's way of telling me to spend less time on the computer!!!

Comment

I am so out of date.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Just finished installing Mozilla Firefox 13.0 on my Windows 7 system at home. Would like to spend the next hour or so using HawaiiThreads to get the hang of this combination of stuff.

Comment

For those HawaiiThreads user who use Firefox (hopefully its version 13) please compare the settings in the attached PDF file to your settings which can be viewed by clicking on the following:

Tools -> Page Info -> Security
                            Attached Files

Comment

Again, not sure what you're testing. Settings are the same except number of times visited, and I saved password for this site.

Firefox v. 13.0 on Windows XP Professional.

And I'm able to log in without entering my password.

Comment

Just logged in with Firefox 13.0 for Mac OSX - as usual had to login with user name and PW. Firefox remembers this on my Mac as I suspect it would on most other platforms.

A few minutes after the above sentence....

What I have noticed now, is that after going away form HT and not logging off... when I came back, Firefox or HT did log me off and I had to login again.
                                Last edited by mel; June 14, 2012, 07:19 AM. Reason: Added more info after being off for a few minutes
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X