Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A man beating his wife

A man beating his wife !!!

I got a phone call from a friend in Wales. She heard loud shouts, screams and breakiing glasses.
    Not being a control freak but I advised her to call the police.
    In my opinion, if a man raises his hand to strike a woman, then he ceases to be a man.

This feller was arrested and is now is bow in Wrexham prison, so we we will see what the outcome will be.

Those of you who know me also know that as Ex Brit Royal Navy. I would have no mercey on him.
    I am allowed to use "offshore language" ?

If not ???? I wil Pm you my real feelings and swear words.
    Last edited by Barry; May 20, 2009, 11:18 AM.

Re: A man beating his wife

For years I have heard of battered women...and I had just been eating them plain.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
      For years I have heard of battered women...and I had just been eating them plain.

sigh. i just can't find that one funny at all. wish i could. i think.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It is in bad taste.
        flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

my brain fried reading that one, then a small giggle steamed out of me.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Next, TATTRAT will learn how to "butter up" a potential client.

Comment

Slick....real slick.
              flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Leo is on a roll today. I am so laughing.

Okay ladies. Here's the question that this thread is begging. What is it about mean sunsabiches that you girls just cannot resist? Bad men, no job, scars, tattoos, ex-cons, missing teeth, BO, wife-beater t-shirt, perhaps a Harley, with bald tires, and no helmet for the passenger, or even a married dude, who is cheating. What is the attraction?

What gives? WTF is wrong with the choices you girls are making? Cuz I see hot chicks with loser MF'ers all the time. Maybe it's like moths to a flame. Can't resist.

I mean, I'm a nice guy. Can't find a girl to save my soul.
                Leo seems like a nice dude. Is he hitched?
                Tattrat, got a chick?

Admin, if you gotta change the thread cuz I derailed it, then please do, and I apologize.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Hey TK...all the good ones are gay and they don't like us gals 'cept as best buds!

Couldn't resist!

Comment

There is little excuse for violence, and no excuse for violence by men against women.

That is all.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                      There is little excuse for violence, and no excuse for violence by men against women.

That is all.
                      Nor women against men...which happened outside my bedroom window, new years '06, 3am...she stabbed him in the back in front of their 5 year old. She had major anger issues. Guess that's an understatement!

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

Okay ladies. Here's the question that this thread is begging. What is it about mean sunsabiches that you girls just cannot resist? Bad men, no job, scars, tattoos, ex-cons, missing teeth, BO, wife-beater t-shirt, perhaps a Harley, with bald tires, and no helmet for the passenger, or even a married dude, who is cheating. What is the attraction?

What gives? WTF is wrong with the choices you girls are making? Cuz I see hot chicks with loser MF'ers all the time. Maybe it's like moths to a flame. Can't resist.

Tattrat, got a chick?

Admin, if you gotta change the thread cuz I derailed it, then please do, and I apologize.

tim, you better not tick me off w/a flippant reply to this, bcs i'm going to take the time to answer your question. and you know full well that i spent time in an abusive relationship, so i'm trusting you to have some respect (even tho past experience has told me you're not worthy).

guys like that know how to romance a girl in the beginning. they know that we (society) teach girls that some knight in shining armor is gonna sweep them (girls) off their feet with some choice words, romantically extravagant gestures, and maybe a pretty trinket or two, and everything after that is the happily ever after. they play on that dream. and honestly, most women who have been in an abusive relationship also have had abuse in their family background or at least some sort of emotionally/psychologically scarring experience(s) that make them vulnerable to the game such men play. basically, women involved in a domestic abuse relationship don't understand--indeed, can't conceive--that they deserve better.

men who hit women romance their victims. they build what seems, initially, to be a protective cocoon and slowly exclude everyone else who was involved in the woman's life. it happens so subtly, and while the woman is totally enthralled by her man, that she never notices until he hits her for the first time that she's all but literally on an island with the guy. at that point, she feels she has nothing and no one else to hold on to. and of course, the guy has become her drug of choice. she does everything she can to regain the initial, fantastical and idyllic romance of the beginning days/weeks/months. because she's now dependent on him and sees the world through his eyes, she is easily convinced it's her fault he hit her.

if only she didn't wear her hair slightly different today.

if only she wasn't five minutes late picking him up.

if only she didn't smile a thank you at the guy selling newspapers.

if only. if only. if only.

the drug analogy is quite relevant to the domestic abuse cycle. once you're hooked, it's hard to undo the damage that is done and stop future damage from happening.

and not every man guilty of domestic violence fits the mean guy stereotype. my ex wasn't obviously the type to beat women. elsewhere, he was affable, charming, relatively successful, had a great sense of humor, sang well and handsome. he kinda looked like a smaller, younger version of LL Cool J but with pinoy and rican blood mixed in with the black. in his group of friends, he was the most popular. no one else saw the mean streak he saw fit to share only with me.

so how do you stop this problem? i think in many cases, it starts with parenting. part of my deal was (1) my mom was emotionally distant; (2) strict and demanding and (3) my dad was absent. before i met my ex, i was looking for daddy--someone who would protect me, support me emotionally, give me the love i craved. a lot of the time, he did that. it's just that in between, he'd attempt to kill me. that's all.

that's my answer to your question. i'm sure there are other women on HT who've been abused by a loved one (i can think of at least one) and their answers will probably be at least a little different, based on their own experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

Tattrat, got a chick?

I agree 100%...and no, my girl and I split after 7 years...it has been a very long 6 single months.
                          flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                          God

Comment

I had a friend in school, a Catholic lad, who took his religion and his marriage VERY seriously. I never told him that his wife came on to me big time (I passed. Graciously, of course) Eventually she tripped up and got caught and he dumped her and finally got into a good, mutually loving and respectful marriage. I know of marriages in which sharp tongued inconsiderate cruel women browbeat perfectly decent hard working husbands and I wonder why they put up with the abuse, too. The best marriage I know is a couple that met on the internet, she's a hula dancer and he's a multi talented musician.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              that's my answer to your question.
                              Cyn, what you describe is classic Sociopathic behavior. Unfortunately, there are too many individuals of both genders that exhibit various degrees of that disorder. If you find yourself in one of these kinds of relationships, leave, IMMEDIATELY and take the keiki with you.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                              X