Irritating Movie Goers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irritating Movie Goers

It's already been mentioned, but I hate it when someone has some kind of candy in a wrapper and they unwrap it really slow. It's like they think that a little at a time will be less disruptive when they should just unwrap it as quickly as possible. Go ahead. Make some racket. But get that wrapper off.

I also don't like people who talk during the movie. A couple of words here and there is no problem, but conversation is distracting.

Finally, I don't like it when people sit right in front of me if there are plenty of other seat choices available. It's not an issue with stadium seating, but some theatre floors don't have much incline. And I'm tall. It must be a real headache for people of more average height.

Comment

The AF cannot possibly keep quiet for 2 hours. Therefore, any movie we see together comes with a running side line of "ooohs", "ahhhs", "what happened?", "Is she gonna die", and a number of other comments and questions. After 12 years, I've given up asking her to shush.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Everyone within 30 feet of me.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          My mom is famous for renting a movie that SHE wants to watch, then falls asleep halfway through it.
          With a rented movie you can always replay with no problem, whereas in a movie theater if they want it to see it again, got to pay extra for it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            The one that shakes my head is when someone suggest we go see a movie and then during that movie they fall asleep during the performance.
            As long as that someone is paying for my expensive ticket ... and my snacks ... I have no problem.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              This must be the same Creepy Guy who pulls out his penis durng the film. Ick.
              You must be in the wrong theater ... or maybe he is.

Comment

My pet peeve is people sitting behind me and constantly bumping the back of my chair. I want to turn around and bump them in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                  This must be the same Creepy Guy who pulls out his penis durng the film. Ick.
                  Originally posted by Random View Post
                  You must be in the wrong theater ... or maybe he is.
                  I was going to ask if she was referring to an audience member, or someone in the film...

(in your best "Beavis & Butthead" voice: Hunh-hunh! Audience "member"! Hunh-hunh!)

Comment

It's really bad that I've been spoiled by theaters like Ward because until recently I've never set foot in the Dollar Theater. The Boy had to drag me along because we've been broke as of late and he wanted to see a movie.

There's nothing more annoying than a mother who brings her tiny infant child (carrier and all), decides to sit in front of you, and baby proceeds to cry during the WHOLE MOVIE. Sure, it's a dollar to see the movie, but give me a break. They need to bring back that crying baby cartoon they used to show before the start of the movie.

Then you have the theater jumpers who show up 30 minutes before your movie's set to end because their movie just ended.

The Dollar Theater has a "different" kind of atmosphere and I don't know if I'm okay with that.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      I was going to ask if she was referring to an audience member, or someone in the film...

(in your best "Beavis & Butthead" voice: Hunh-hunh! Audience "member"! Hunh-hunh!)
                      The movie might have been in 3-D.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        The movie might have been in 3-D.
                        Then she was in the wrong theater ... downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          It's really bad that I've been spoiled by theaters like Ward because until recently I've never set foot in the Dollar Theater. The Boy had to drag me along because we've been broke as of late and he wanted to see a movie.

There's nothing more annoying than a mother who brings her tiny infant child (carrier and all), decides to sit in front of you, and baby proceeds to cry during the WHOLE MOVIE. Sure, it's a dollar to see the movie, but give me a break. They need to bring back that crying baby cartoon they used to show before the start of the movie.

Then you have the theater jumpers who show up 30 minutes before your movie's set to end because their movie just ended.

The Dollar Theater has a "different" kind of atmosphere and I don't know if I'm okay with that.
                          The Dollar Theater have changed ownership from Wallace to Hollywood. I think the Wallace folk took the crying baby message with them when they left.

You know the saying, "You get what you paid for." You pay a buck to see a movie that is no longer on mainstream box office and its DVD version is coming out shortly if not already on the store shelves. You pay a buck for a movie that have been repeatedly played before that you can obviously see wears and tears on the Dollar Theater's screen, both visually and sound-wise (there are times when I have to talk to the manager because the volume level dropped or suddenly becomes too loud it could blow their own speakers).
                          Last edited by Random; June 26, 2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            The Dollar Theater have changed ownership from Wallace to Hollywood. I think the Wallace folk took the crying baby message with them when they left.

You know the saying, "You get what you paid for."
                            You pay a buck to see a movie that is no longer on mainstream box office and its DVD version is coming out shortly if not already on the store shelves. You pay a buck for a movie that have been repeatedly played before that you can obviously see wears and tears on the Dollar Theater's screen, both visually and sound-wise (there are times when I have to talk to the manager because the volume level dropped or suddenly becomes too loud it could blow their own speakers).
                            I agree with you a hundred percent.

I know the quality won't change to accommodate me, so that's why I'm willing to pay a whole lotta extra to have a more enjoyable theater experience. I just wish my BF didn't like the Dollar Theater so much.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              It would be interesting to hear folk's irks at the drive inn movie theater. I sure miss that. We used to go to Kailua Drive almost every weekend. You'd probably hear stories like, "I hate when the couple in the car next to me starts making their OWN movie", or "I hate when braddah's jacked-up 4x4 truck parks in the stall right in front of me".

I remember once, an elderly couple drove off with the speaker still hung onto their car window, and it ripped the wire right off the post. Made this loud, snapping sound. Surprising their window didn't break first. It was hilarious!
                              Memories of the drive-in are more good than bad. It was a major form of entertainment back in the day. It was all we could afford when our son was a baby. We could take him with us and get out to see a movie. We'd bring our own food - usually made a picnic dinner out of it. And, I want to state for the record that when we were dating, I had the only boyfriend (now husband of 30+ yrs) who actually wanted to watch the movie . I guess that was irritating, but he made up for it afterward .

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                                I agree with you a hundred percent.

I know the quality won't change to accommodate me, so that's why I'm willing to pay a whole lotta extra to have a more enjoyable theater experience. I just wish my BF didn't like the Dollar Theater so much.
                                Like upgrading from the Dollar Theater to Ward 16, you need to upgrade your BF.

With all that money saved from not going to Ward or Dole, he must be taking you to expensive restaurant dining.

Comment

Working...
                                X