Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irritating Movie Goers

Just a note from olden memories...
    My good buddy James and I would go to daytime movies on days off (especially during the summers) to drink beer and enjoy the air conditioning! We'd sit in the last row and had a lot of fun. We'd talk, but since only a few folks were in there and usually not near, it didn't bother me. Can't speak for the others though.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      Just a note from olden memories...
      My good buddy James and I would go to daytime movies on days off (especially during the summers) to drink beer and enjoy the air conditioning! We'd sit in the last row and had a lot of fun. We'd talk, but since only a few folks were in there and usually not near, it didn't bother me. Can't speak for the others though.
      You snuck in beer into a mainstream non-drive-in theater?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Oh Yeah!
        When we could still bring in backpacks,
        BTW- How come women can still take fairly large "purses" in but, guys can't take backpacks???
        That's sexist! Right?!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Oh Yeah!
          When we could still bring in backpacks,
          BTW- How come women can still take fairly large "purses" in but, guys can't take backpacks???
          That's sexist! Right?!
          Well, I haven't been stopped from bringing in my backpack or bookbag into the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
            Now that you mention that, I'm pretty bad about pointing out how "fake" a movie scene appears due to poor CGI, special FX, cinematography, script, or acting. My girlfriend hates when I do that.
            How about the person who points out the "fakes" of a modern day actress in a period piece? That's why Pamela Anderson can't play a Marie Antionette type role in a plunging neckline. But, an actress with "fakes" can be cast in a B-movie 100 Million B.C movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              But, an actress with "fakes" can be cast in a B-movie 100 Million B.C movie.
              My Bad. The correct title is 10,000 BC. "Missed it by this much."

Comment

How about the person who points out the "fakes" of a modern day actress in a period piece? That's why Pamela Anderson can't play a Marie Antionette type role in a plunging neckline.
                Trust me, it's not the kind of fake that would stopped her from getting the role.

Also, "Pamela Anderson" and "actress" are two things that should never go together, except for this statement.

Comment

How about the person who points out the "fakes" of a modern day actress in a period piece? That's why Pamela Anderson can't play a Marie Antionette type role in a plunging neckline. But, an actress with "fakes" can be cast in a B-movie 100 Million B.C movie.
                  My Bad. The correct title is 10,000 BC. "Missed it by this much."
                  So you're saying that Camilla Belle isn't all real?! Bummer, but what the heck. HaHa!

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    Things that I find irritable when attending movies in a theater:
                    • Parents who bring crying babies to movies
                    • The few parents who don't leave when their baby is crying
                    • Latecomers who get in after the movie starts rolling
                    • Latecomers who want to sit in the empty seats next to me
                    • Having to stand up to make room for the latecomers to get into the same row of seats I'm in
                    • Cell phone ringing even after several notices appear on screen asking to turn off the phone
                    • Sticky floors at some theaters
                    • People in the back rows who throw objects at people in the front rows
                    • Smelly homeless people who sit near you at the dollar theater
                    • The dollar theater projectionists who turn off the ending credits at the end of the movie
                    • Kids who make noise or fidget near you when movie is running
                    • Increasing cost of movies
                    • Ridiculous cost for concession food
                    • Going to see the big blockbuster movie at the big megaplex theater only to find out they moved it to one of the smaller screens in the same building. (I miss my Cinerama theater)
                    For these reasons, I don't go to the movies as often as I used to. It is much more convenient to just wait for the DVD release and watch it at home.
                    Hey Mel! reading your gripes too...heres a few additions..

Do parents think their kid is going to sleep in a darkened movie theater with the volume of the movie BLASTING?!?!?!

I think you may be referring to Hollywood...howzabout this one...off ALL seats empty around you...the LATE BIRDS decide to SIT in the chair IN FRONT OF YOU BLOCKING YO D*** VIEW!!!!

You wonder about the street peddlers now...instead of a $1 for a burger....they use it to watch a movie????????????? AUWE!!!!

Increasing costs of movies? could it be labor to pay the theater workers and costs of equipment and merchandise for the concessions? As for the dollar ones, I kinda soak it in cuz the amt they charge for drinks and pcorn is similar to Consolidated and Regal too...but Hollys only charges $1 for admission.

BIG GRIPE at concession...MAN O MAN!!!! butter is LAME!!!! Store bought popcorn...at LEAST you can TASTE butter!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X