Popcorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Popcorn

I just did a bag of Pop Secret in the microwave - it's good, most of it pops and I like the butter taste. I guess this is my favorite micro popcorn.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I have instructions for popping regular popcorn inside a brown lunch bag in the MW. Haven't tried it yet, tho'!
      I just saw your posting. Back in the 70's when I was told we could pop corn in the micro, we decided to try the paper bag method. We had a small fire and never tried that again!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Using the Orville Redenbacher 1.5 ounce bag seems to give the least amount of unpop kernals in my microwave. It normally has around 6 to 10 kernals unpoped.

Shoot I might as well do a bag now.

Comment

Popcorn inspiration comes at any time - go for it!
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Some paper sacks are made of products that are unsafe to heat in a microwave. And, some paper sacks can catch fire in a microwave. This includes both grocery sacks, and small lunch size sacks.
            http://www.fsis.usda.gov/FactSheets/...fety/index.asp
            According to the USDA, it is NOT safe to use brown paper bags in the microwave.

If you are the type to microwave your food in any random plastic container, then you might be comfortable using a paper sack. But for those of us worry warts who only use glass or microwave-approved containers, then paper sacks are "out".
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              I just saw your posting. Back in the 70's when I was told we could pop corn in the micro, we decided to try the paper bag method. We had a small fire and never tried that again!
              That's certainly a good enough incentive for me not to try it!

Comment

Oops, I voted for the wrong thing. I meant to vote for butter. Guess I just skewed the poll results!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  Oops, I voted for the wrong thing. I meant to vote for butter.
                  At least that's not hana butta'.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                    I went though a package of Orville Rickenbacker Kettle Corn
                    I know I tried a box of that type. I didn't realize that the Kettle Corn had a sweet flavor to it.

Comment

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatt...o-eat-instead/

Not really worse tasting, but more calories.

Comment

I don't mind butterless popcorn, as long as it has salt.

A coworker of mine brought this for us to try...

It's Pineapple Kettle Korn by Hawaii Popcorn Company, the same folks who make 'Hawaiian Hurricane Popcorn'.

Sounds interesting on paper (and probably will do well in sales from tourists), but in flavor there's barely any hint of Pineapple. All it tasted like was a mildly-sweetened popcorn in an artificial fruity kinda' way. The box says it's sugar-free, therefore it uses Sucralose as the sweetener, which surely contributed to that artificial flavor. They should have used cane sugar.

On the good side, the entire bag of microwaveable popcorn kernels popped, with not much "blanks" left, and the popcorn was fairly crunchy, not spongy.

Nice try with the "Pineapple" flavoring, but next.
                        Last edited by Pomai; January 1, 2010, 02:10 PM.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                          I know I tried a box of that type. I didn't realize that the Kettle Corn had a sweet flavor to it.
                          Whatever you do don't let the Kettle Corn variety burn in your microwave oven. I've had regular microwave popcorn burn but WW when I burned the Kettle Corn the smoke was so thick it still lingers in our home (after a month and a half). I think it was the sugar. I usually throw in a bag for four minutes. The Kettle Corn bag says 2-minutes max! Oops!
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Been noticing latey that for the small bags of microwave popcorn there were a lot of unpoped kernals. Found out that the glass plate wasn't rotating when popping. Fixed that problem and just made a bag of popcorn that had a few unpoped kernals.

Comment

Is Popcorn Healthy? Experts Suggest Avoiding the Pre-Packaged Stuff (yahoo.com)

Get your popcorn ready!

Comment

National Popcorn Day Is Here And These Deals Are Poppin'! (msn.com)

Celebrate National Popcorn Day.

Comment

Working...
                                X