Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are Your Biggest Fears?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    Any of my children (well, any loved one) dying traumatically. I have no fear that comes close to that one. At this point in my life I am pretty much leather and think I could take anything on my plate.
    Mine run along those lines, or having my children abused and not knowing or realizing it.

But I have had alot of fears that I have faced a conquered as well.
    I was extremely shy and deathly afraid when I was young, if anyone even spoke to me I would break down crying. Terrified me, I had nightmares all the time. As irrational as it was, it was a real fear. Took me 4 years to work through that to even speak to people. I am sure every single person here has has fears they have worked through, and conquered. That's just part of life.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Oh, swimming in the ocean...and let's not forget sharks. Of course I would end up moving to an island
      Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility. - Sigmund Freud

Comment

Folks who just stood in line all day yesterday to buy their all-new $499-$599 iPhone should be adding this to this thread...

"Having my new iPhone get lost, stolen or dropped and broken"
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the dentist, tutusue, I think I'll look him up when I get there!

As for the Chihuahua, I can understand that one! They really freak me out, too! They're always shaking, and have eyes that look...well..stoned all the time! They just seem so unpredictable! lol!

Hmm...outliving my income...now that's a very real fear! Time to scope out some more investments/savings plans!

I dunno' about 2-3 days in da desert, Tim...it's going up to 112 degrees here this week! *gasp!*

Comment

PARTIAL SOLUTIONS:

Dying too soon - LIFE INSURANCE (don't worry what type, think about the amount of coverage);

Living too long - ANNUITY (you trade a lump sum for a lifetime income stream).

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              My fear is outliving my income.
              Yeah, that's a pretty big one. There's so much variability as to how long one can live. Plus, we only know how long people live when the oldest age group dies. We don't know how long our own age group will live.

Drowning would be another one of mine.

Edit: MOKES. I look and sound like a FOB haole (Haole, yes; FOB, no) - and I went to public school. 'Nuf said.
              Last edited by GeckoGeek; June 30, 2007, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                With the vast amount of knowledge and work experience you have, that should be the farthest from your mind.
                Why do you think I acquired that "vast amount of knowledge and work experience". When something so dear as losing it is as much of a concern to you, you try your hardest to keep it.

With that said I take it back...my greatest fear is to lose my wife. Money means absolutely nothing to me if I ever lost her.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  With that said I take it back...my greatest fear is to lose my wife. Money means absolutely nothing to me if I ever lost her.
                  Yeah...I understand, CW.

Because the AF reads these posts over my shoulder sometimes, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Yeah...I understand, CW.

Because the AF reads these posts over my shoulder sometimes, too.
                    Wow as I'm writing this my wife calls me. She's on Oahu with my 3-year old while I'm back here in Keaau taking care of the house and the rest of the kids.

Comment

Wow as I'm writing this my wife calls me. She's on Oahu with my 3-year old while I'm back here in Keaau taking care of the house and the rest of the kids.
                      See? They know. I don't know how they do it - but they just know...

Comment

Why do you think I acquired that "vast amount of knowledge and work experience". When something so dear as losing it is as much of a concern to you, you try your hardest to keep it.

My "boss" was in Colorado the last week. Was supposed to be back Thursday night, but delays caused a change in flight plans (Denver to SF to HNL scrapped and changed to Denver to Maui to HNL) to Friday afternoon. She finally got back at 5:30 pm after missing the earlier flight from Maui. She spent Thursday night in the Denver airport.

Comment

My wife's flying to Colorado Springs on July 16th for an education conference at Keystone for an entire week! I haven't been to Keystone since 1979. That place sure has changed.

Comment

Please don't laugh, and if we should ever meet, do not try to use it against me because I cannot promise you'll live to see your next birthday...

Those damn bloody 747's! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.................... they freak me out! They give me the willies. For some reason they tend to fly straight to me everytime!! And if you're in my way, and I see one flying toward me, there's a good chance I'll mow you over trying to get away. Sorry.. LOL

My kids asked me one day if I was offered a million dollars to lay in a box with hundreds of them, would I do it. I said, "oh HELL no!

But, I would do it for nothing if someone was trying to hurt my kids unless I laid in the box with hundreds of them. But thats probably because my mind wouldn't be on the 747s, it would be on how I'm going to tear that jerk to shreds when I get out. hehe
                            A proud sponsor of
                            http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

I have a fear of being in dark, coffee like water. I surf/bodyboard a lot, but it does bother me sometimes. I just do the out of sight, out of mind thing...

I guess I have the instinctual fear of loosing the loved ones around me, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

I have a fear of geckos, for some weird reason. I think my older brother must have tormented me with one when I was a baby. Anyway, I can't sleep if I know there is one in the house. If it's on a wall across the room, I will scream bloody murder.. a real horror movie scream. My husband tells me that one day I'll really need help and no one will come.

Comment

Working...
                                X