Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did You STOP Smoking? I am Desperate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Did You STOP Smoking? I am Desperate!

I detoxed the year before I decided to get pregnant.

My husband smoked a pipe at the time. I asked him to stop smoking because it was making me sick.

He said he would stop when the baby was born, and he did. He stoped the day she was born, cold turkey.

He still got lung cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharmagne View Post
      I detoxed the year before I decided to get pregnant.

My husband smoked a pipe at the time. I asked him to stop smoking because it was making me sick.

He said he would stop when the baby was born, and he did. He stoped the day she was born, cold turkey.

He still got lung cancer.
      So sorry to hear that I have had to deal with cancer a lot in my family ~ I wish you the best...
      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hope View Post
        Thanks, everyone! I so appreciate such great help! The last time I made the attempt, I used the patch. It seemed to work with the nicotine, and I used things like dum-dum lollipops and black licorice (hand to mouth psychology) to help.

My boss at the time, almost died, and was in intensive care. I was three weeks into it, and my "guilty ass" went into the store and bought a pack...ugggh!

I really want to change this in my life, and any and all advice will help. I am tired of these ugly, smelly things in my life! I want to be FREE of them.
        Mahalo!
        I stopped when I got pregnant for the first time. The very thought of lighting up made me nauseated.

After my daughter was born I bought a pack. Lit one up, and it just seemed so dirty. Smoke, ashes--ugh. That was the end of it.

My husband, a three-pack/day guy, quite cold turkey (chain-smoked---lit up on awakening). He actually tossed his cigarettes out of his truck window and never looked back. No patches, no hypnosis. His Mom died of lung cancer.

Well, sort of. She had lung cancer, localized to one lung. No metastasis. They could have removed the one lung and she would have survived, had the remaining lung been healthy. Unfortunately, she also had emphysema from years of smoking. The remaining lung would not have been enough to sustain her.

Quite a motivating factor.

Comment

I don't smoke (wife does). But the price of them and the hassles one has to go through to get in a few puffs would make me want to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            [...]Well, sort of. She had lung cancer, localized to one lung. No metastasis. They could have removed the one lung and she would have survived, had the remaining lung been healthy. Unfortunately, she also had emphysema from years of smoking. The remaining lung would not have been enough to sustain her.

Quite a motivating factor.
            Yes indeedy. My dad spent the last 11 years of his life with emphysema and COPD, eventually tethered to an oxygen tank. When first diagnosed with emphysema he quit his 2-3 pack a day habit cold turkey. However my mom kept smoking, even in the car with the windows up, so Pop was then on the receiving end of 2nd hand smoke from another 2-3 pack a day smoker.

Comment

Weakness is a sign of weakness. Have some grit for goodness sake. Put down the cigs and stop. Nuff said.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
              X