Multi-Quoting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Quoting?

I see one of the new features added was multiquoting.

How is this used most effectively? I just tried to click on it one time to see what it did...and it didn't seem to do much...

Is there something I'm not doing right?

Re: multiquoting?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    This is a test of the plain old quoting.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      And again this is a test of the plain old quoting of post #2 of this thread. (the base thread count as post #1. This post would be post #3 of this thread).

Comment

This is post #4.

Comment

This is post #5. Still attempting to try to figure out how multiquoting works. Personnally I have never tried it until now but if the name of the feature implies that you can quote multiple posts than what is needed first to make more post to this thread and then try things out.

Comment

And again this is a test of the plain old quoting of post #2 of this thread. (the base thread count as post #1. This post would be post #3 of this thread).
            This is post #4.
            To do this post I click on the multiquote icon for post #1, #2 and #4 and then clicked on the Reply buttion and those 3 quotes got generated.

Comment

To do this post I click on the multiquote icon for post #1, #2 and #4 and then clicked on the Reply buttion and those 3 quotes got generated.
              I pressed the regular quote button for post #6.

Comment

I pressed the multiquote button for post #6 and then pressed the reply button.

Comment

Still not done with the testing but one thing I have noticed is how does one unselect a post that has been selected for multiquote. So far the only way to do it just simply edit out the quote when you post it, which is the case for post #4 of this thread.

Comment

Thanks Helen. You're the Greatest! Always very helpful and unyielding in your quest, getting us co-HT'ers to understand and use this site to it's and our optimum ability. Mahalos to da max!
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

How is this used most effectively? I just tried to click on it one time to see what it did...and it didn't seem to do much...

Is there something I'm not doing right?
                      Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                      Thanks Helen. You're the Greatest! Always very helpful and unyielding in your quest, getting us co-HT'ers to understand and use this site to it's and our optimum ability. Mahalos to da max!
                      This is post #4.
                      To generate these quotes I pressed the multiquote button on post #1, then on post #10 and then on post #4. Then pressed the reply and plus note that the quotes got generated in the order I pressed the multiquote button.

Also note that for each of the quoted section there is a blue arrow next to the name. If you click on that arrow it will take you to the post in question. How this works is that the quote tag has this now:

QUOTE=username;postid

where:
                      username is the name of the user of the quote.
                      postid is the number of the post that HawaiiThreads assigns to a post.

Comment

Re: Multi-Quoting?

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        Multi-Quoting:

You can now quote several messages in a thread in one reply. Just click the "Multi-Quote" button to toggle which messages you want to include, and when you hit the "Post Reply" button at the end, you'll get a reply set up with all the individual messages included. Hopefully this will cut down on people posting six consecutive replies in an attempt to respond to six different posts. However, as always, quote with care. Please quote only relevant portions of posts and not entire posts, and please watch your quote and /quote tags. Deleting either will break your quote. Want to experiment? Here's a good thread to practice in.
                        Ahhh, the multiquote button is a toogle. That being the case, normally this button is colored blue (and to be honest it's barely noticable). If you click on the multiquote button it turns red or orange. If you click on it a second time it goes back to being blue.

If you are quoting a post from another thread that post will not initially show up when you edit it but there is a line below the edit window that says you have selected a post from another thread and it will allow to add it in the edit window.

This is post #5. Still attempting to try to figure out how multiquoting works. Personnally I have never tried it until now but if the name of the feature implies that you can quote multiple posts than what is needed first to make more post to this thread and then try things out.

This is post #4.
                        Just confirming that the order of how you pick your posts determines the how the quotes get generated.

Comment

Like the admin said if anyone whats to practice using the multiquote feature, this thread is the place to do it.

Comment

Still not done with the testing but one thing I have noticed is how does one unselect a post that has been selected for multiquote. So far the only way to do it just simply edit out the quote when you post it, which is the case for post #4 of this thread.
                            This is my test

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                            I agree with Menehune... thanks Helen for all your assistance.

And great feature with the Upgrade

Comment

I pressed the regular quote button for post #6.
                              Very cool! If I can do it, ANYONE can! Thanks for your instructions, Helen. I don't think I woulda figured it out on my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X