X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Very funny, Lavagal!
    Hey, remember when KHON switched to being a Fox channel? Joe Moore did the same "big announcement coming soon" and got folks (some folks, anyway) speculating that he was going to move channels. Media fell into it and rumors were flying. The big day arrives and Joe leads off the newscast saying he'll have an announcement about his possible move at the end of the cast. At the end of the cast, he stands up and says "It's true. I'm going to move. (pause) I'm going to move my chair over an inch (moves chair and sits back down) and I'm staying right here at KHON."
    Publicity hound. [/yawn]
    Ratings were good for that night, though.
    Speaking of which, isn't it a sweeps month right now?
    Hmmmm.
    I'm just sayin'.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Typical tactic during contract re-negotiations time.

Make the public and your bosses THINK you are gonna leave and quit the business so that the company offers you more money and other perks.

Comment

If I remember right, Joe Moore's 14-year contract is gonna expire this year or next.

Either 2008 or 2009.

It's time to up the ante and turn the heat up on his employers, make 'em sweat and give him an even better contract.

Joe Moore is a phenomenon in TV news. He deserves every penny.

He has made KHON's many companies millions upon millions of dollars over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          maybe Joe is announcing he's going to star as Emile De Becque opposite Loretta Ables Sayer on Broadway.
          That would make for some enchanted evening's newscast; though, while Joe may be a wonderful guy, he's certainly not younger than springtime.

All this happy talk is making me crave a bloody mary. And a honey bun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            That would make for some enchanted evening's newscast; though, while Joe may be a wonderful guy, he's certainly not younger than springtime.

All this happy talk is making me crave a bloody mary. And a honey bun.
            Hmmm...I feel a song coming on!
            "I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair! I' gonna wash that man right outta my hair! And send him on his way!"
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: big announcement
              Don't forget we are still in the May ratings period = do whatever to draw viewers

Maybe he's going to "announce" that he's starting his 41st year . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                Re: big announcement
                Don't forget we are still in the May ratings period = do whatever to draw viewers

Maybe he's going to "announce" that he's starting his 41st year . . .
                Maybe he's going to announce that he has finally learned how to pronounce "Kāne`ohe" correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
                  If I remember right, Joe Moore's 14-year contract is gonna expire this year or next.

Either 2008 or 2009.

It's time to up the ante and turn the heat up on his employers, make 'em sweat and give him an even better contract.

Joe Moore is a phenomenon in TV news. He deserves every penny.

He has made KHON's many companies millions upon millions of dollars over the years.
                  Cause I got Two Tickets to Goodbye Paradise. Waiting So Long. Waiting So Long.

Comment

Joe will mark 30 years at KHON next month, when he first began there he was sports anchor to the then Eyewitness team of B.J. Sams and Barbara Tanabe.

Maybe she (Kimi) is Kani Evans grandaughter or niece. Is Kani Evans still living?

Aj

Comment

According to the Buzz, Tammy Mori is leaving KHON for the DOT:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/05/18/business/engle.html

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                        According to the Buzz, Tammy Mori is leaving KHON for the DOT:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/05/18/business/engle.html

Aj

Young, energetic, single and childless. Unfortunately, that's what it takes to do that job.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hi this is sansei and i heard at the end of the 6:00 Pm newscast on Khon,did anyone hear when Joe moore quoted from Bob Hope thank's for the memorie's and i heard tomorrow,joe said he'll announce what his future hold's for him and that's the whole honest truth and i hope Joe may not be moving on since he's the most well respected Anchor for Khon.

I know he has my respect since when Bob sevey and he worked together when he started at Kgmb and i do remember this.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Looks like Joe is doing a good job of convincing the "masses" of his possible departure.

If it gets you a better contract for your and family Joe, I'm all for it!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i respect your opinion pumpkinboy,only if joe stay's i'll be smiling.:O) i like joe moore,one of the best with his 40 year career and i like when he doesnt use much of the language most anchor's use and i also do miss one of the best meterologist's on my favorite station and hoping she'll return.im praying for her and joe to stay at khon.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is likanui and i have heard that mister joe moore is retiring from khon in order to become the new host of Wheel Of Fortune and that is because his friend Pat Sajak is going to retire and so Joe will be replacing him and also that i heard Sharie Shima will be the new Vanna White and so i thought to share that with you and also that i heard mister joe moore is going to write another play for the theater and that this time he will try to not be called out for plagiarism and so i wonder whatever happened with that situation and i thought to share that with you.

well time for your thank's

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X