X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    No, the state broke the law in issuing an exception. The HSF company did everything that was asked of them. Yes, a law was broken, but it was the state who broke it, not HSF.
    Whoops, thanks for catching that. I was on a roll on and made that incorrect distinction.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

I have to admit, I wish I had tickets for Sunday... to go and come back. That would be fun. Like Mel says, just to take pictures... in my case that would be pictures of who knows what.

Clever rascal this HSF... you know that ferry is gonna be full, no matter what. There's something to be said for controversy.
      Aloha,
      Evelyn
      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Dang! I can't get through!!!

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at res.hawaiisuperferry.com."

I called the number den it said to call 101015800.

Number is wrong!

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 25, 2007, 06:08 AM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          But doesn't YB/Matson/NCL use state facilities when they dock? I don't believe any of those companies actually own the piers.
          Yes Matson/YB don't own the piers. They are using state facilities. But the piers were not built specifically for Matson/YB/NCL in mind. On the other hand
          the state is building facilities and spending taxpayer dollars specifically for HSF. Hence where the law I cited kicks in.
          The Kona Blog

Comment

I'm getting in to the web site right now and the $5 reservations for the Labor Day weekend are available.

I'm also on hold on the phone waiting for the next available agent to confirm my trip.

Just click the link on http://hawaiisuperferry.com (Note that they don't use the www. in their address.)

Call 1-877-443-3779. Press 2, at next message, press 2.

Other notes: The lady who recorded the phone tree messages speaks WAY too slowly, though the voice is pleasant. But after a few seconds, she becomes really irritating. They need to shorten the message and speed up giving you the options.

Then when finally you get the options pressed, the music that comes on is very nice, but VERY LOUD!
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

One caveat about a possible joy ride... if you want to get the full experience of the Superferry and photos from the front of the ship, you have to spring an extra $20 each way for the first class lounge. So that would make the total price of a first class RT $50. ($10 base RT + $40 first class upgrade RT).... of course you can just do the first class on one segment and save $20 on the other by not upgrading.

The potential for the best photos is probably up front though traveling early in the morning to Maui, you may get a nice sunrise but later on possibly some glare through the large windows... and you cannot go outside from the first class section.

On the rear of the ship there is a small balcony like area where you can get some unobstructed glass free scenics.

The potential for good photos on a Kauai trip is a little less since the only islands you'll see is Oahu and Kauai and nothing but water in between, not to mention that a direct return trip will occur in the night.

All this based on a quick go and come trip, same day voyage. There is about a 90 minute layover between trip segments.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                Yes Matson/YB don't own the piers. They are using state facilities. But the piers were not built specifically for Matson/YB/NCL in mind.
                Who were the piers built for???

What about Aloha Tower and the big cruise ships? Didn't they spend a bunch of money on Aloha Tower area?

I don't think I can park my boat there. (No, not really. I don't have a boat, but you know what I mean...)

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                  Just click the link on http://hawaiisuperferry.com (Note that they don't use the www. in their address.)

Call 1-877-443-3779. Press 2, at next message, press 2.

Other notes: The lady who recorded the phone tree messages speaks WAY too slowly, though the voice is pleasant. But after a few seconds, she becomes really irritating. They need to shorten the message and speed up giving you the options.

Then when finally you get the options pressed, the music that comes on is very nice, but VERY LOUD!
                  I did all that and den it disconnected on me three times!

The link doesn't work foa me. FireFox is blocking something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a Great Trip Everybody!

Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; August 25, 2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I still on hold!! 35 mins now.

Comment

I still on hold!! 35 mins now.
                      Waterfall...waterfall...surfing...raining...nah... nah..juss joking!

Lynn

Comment

Who were the piers built for???

What about Aloha Tower and the big cruise ships? Didn't they spend a bunch of money on Aloha Tower area?

I don't think I can park my boat there. (No, not really. I don't have a boat, but you know what I mean...)
                        The existing piers were not built for one singular entity.For example if Matson or NCL exclusively used the piers and it was specifically built for them using
                        taxpayer funds, a EIS would have be done. But since that is not the case,thats why they are exempted. That isn't the case for HSF though. The
                        harbor improvements are being funded with taxpayer funds. Plus the improvements will be exclusively used by HSF.
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

Honolulu to Maui... 3 hrs! So, if you decide you want to go joy riding, you need to figure on at least eight hours or so. Can you walk all around the ferry or are you pretty restricted? Must take airplane back... unless they have WIFI! Yo, Adrian, will Clear Wire work on the SF?

Just thinking and wondering. Oh, and are they wheel chair accessible? Mom wants to do the boat thing and most of our lunch/dinner cruisy things don't do wheelchairs. Is that an ADA violation? Not sure.

Shopping list prior to boarding:

Creme Crackers (for me)
                          Dramamine (for Mom... & hubby if he agrees to go)
                          New LapTop
                          New Contract with ClearWire
                          HSF Tickets
                          Airline Tickets for return

Hmmm... suddenly this joy ride got expensive!
                          Aloha,
                          Evelyn
                          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            Waterfall...waterfall...surfing...raining...nah... nah..juss joking!
                            Hahaha! Funny.

Actually, I gave up after 90 minutes with the phone stuck on my ear. But during the 90 minutes, I got up, wandered to the kitchen, cooked a pot of coffee, went lua. I came back several times to check and I was still on hold with the music blasting my ears.

After 90 minutes, I gave up, hung up, then called back the number. Busy. Called again. Busy.

Give up. I call um bumbye.

I actually was interested because I booked a trip to Maui yesterday AT FULL PRICE. Then I found out about the $5 deal.

So I was reading on their site and it said that the previously booked passengers would get the $5 fare.

This morning, I was trying to confirm that I would get the cheap fare, and not the $600 fare for our trip. Not happening. I'll call them later.

But at 5:45 a.m. when I got on their web site, still had trips available for the Labor Day weekend! I went all the way through the reservation system online. Only had to hit the final button and I would have TWO trips to Maui for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                              The existing piers were not built for one singular entity.For example if Matson or NCL exclusively used the piers and it was specifically built for them using
                              taxpayer funds, a EIS would have be done. But since that is not the case,thats why they are exempted. That isn't the case for HSF though. The
                              harbor improvements are being funded with taxpayer funds. Plus the improvements will be exclusively used by HSF.
                              Don't think the facilities for HSF were specifically built for them either. The pier facility on Oahu had been completed for years, in hopes of a ferry like HSF would utilize it. And supposedly if another ferry came to town, I believe these same facilities are to be made available to them. Look, I don't mind an EA or EIS but what's good for the goose is good for gander. It would really be interesting to see how Matson/YB/NCL fare in an EIS assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                                It would really be interesting to see how Matson/YB/NCL fare in an EIS assessment.
                                I'll say! I would love to see THAT report!
                                Aloha,
                                Evelyn
                                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Working...
                                X