Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll bite...

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Osama is a spokesman for his brand of islam, as well.
    His brand of Islam, is...?
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Pat Robertson's take on Haiti

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      Jesus made it VERY clear: He was about love and forgiveness.
      Among the believing Jews, and an occassional samaritan or believing Roman - not for everyone, especially not for the money-changers and merchants in the temple (Who were also Jews) or the temple leaders.

If Jesus intended for his message to be very clear and for future generations, wouldn't he have had it written down at the time? He had a treasurer, why not a recorder? No, his message was only for those hearing it from his own mouth and seeing it with their own eyes. The message transmitted by his followers was not exactly His message and the message written in the New Testament (3rd or 4th hand) was not exactly their messages, either.

Ron, Looking for a label? It's called Al Qaeda, or "The Base".
      Last edited by salmoned; January 25, 2010, 03:36 PM.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I feel for the tragedy that Haitians(and others around the world) are having to live with at this very moment.

Just my opinion, after most of my life searching for 'truth', is that all religions are unworthy cults. Been through many different trains of thought on the matter and very involved at times, have decided for myself... Just do good for goods sake. Not because I'm supposed to, to appease a 'God' or Gods. I've become agnostic though leaning towards atheist. Individuals, corporations, governments, et al make good and bad choices which they then have to live with the consequences. Along with natural disasters or natural fortunes too, affecting us all.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Perhaps he is the latest anti-Christ. He certainly does NOT sound like a Christian that follows the teachings of Jesus!
          Thank you! After 12 years of Catholic school, Pat's blatherings have nothing in common with anything I learned about.

Jesus had a treasurer? Maybe I was absent the day we discussed that one.

Never mind the rest.
          Last edited by surlygirly; January 25, 2010, 07:32 PM.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
            It's called Al Qaeda, or "The Base".
            Calling "Al Qaeda" a brand of Islam is like calling "Nazism" a brand of Christianity. Sorry - that bird don't fly.

Comment

Earthquakes are natural Earth phenomenon. They have been happening before God was even "revealed to man."

Christians follow the teachings of Jesus.- or are supposed to, anyway.
              Jesus' new commandment was that 'we love one another as he loved us.'

I sure don't see anything about bringing earthquakes down except in revelation (not from Jesus), in which case - hold onto your hats!

Jesus made it VERY clear: He was about love and forgiveness.

Jesus would not bring earthquakes to kill thousands, he would forgive them. As I forgive you in your hard-heartedness, for you know not what you do.
              I'm supposing that by your response to my inquiry, you're saying you're a Christian? If so, then you probably don't read the Bible very much, especially the Old Testament where the Lord has executed his judgment with natural disasters. Remember the flood?

Also, what does love and forgiveness have to do with God's judgment against a sinful and rebellious nation? I don't recall the Haitians repenting and asking for it. God is quick to forgive, but the Haitians have people everywhere making excuses for them and justifying their evil ways. So its Kaboom, I guess...

If you're suggesting Pat Robertson forgive them, there's nothing to forgive. Besides, what's that going to do for the Haitians? I suggest for all of you forgive Pat Robertson, and then ask God for forgiveness for vocally crucifying a man for wanting the Haitians to repent and receive of God's goodness.

If you're going to refer to God, my suggestion is to declare what God you're referring. If it's the one in the Bible, which is the one I'm referring to, then the next thing is to open up a Bible and start reading. At least this way, we're giving ourselves a chance to get somewhere in this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                ... Just do good for goods sake. .........I've become agnostic though leaning towards atheist.
                No God, no problem. Be good for goodness sake.

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                After 12 years of Catholic school, Pat's blatherings have nothing in common with anything I learned about..
                Same here SG. I was taught he Bible is a Story book, not a History book.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Calling "Al Qaeda" a brand of Islam is like calling "Nazism" a brand of Christianity. Sorry - that bird don't fly.
                Kaboom!

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                I'm supposing that by your response to my inquiry, you're saying you're a Christian?.................If you're going to refer to God, my suggestion is to declare what God you're referring. If it's the one in the Bible, which is the one I'm referring to, then the next thing is to open up a Bible and start reading. At least this way, we're giving ourselves a chance to get somewhere in this discussion.
                Dogmatic Fundamentalist Christianity - America's version of Al Qaeda and the Taliban all rolled into one.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  You're sounding more like Pat every day.
                  May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I use the Bible as a policy book. Good source of morality, excellent source of wisdom, and like all policies, used only with discretion never as a weapon.

As for Pat Robertson, eh...to each his own. As a Christian, God has a place for everyone.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      As a Christian, God has a place for everyone.
                      What if you're not a Christian?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        What if you're not a Christian?
                        Then you simply go where you want I guess.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Then you simply go where you want I guess.
                          The place where 72 virgins are waiting for me!

What? No heaven for non-Christians? That's not what I was taught in Catechism.

Comment

God has a place for everyone.
                            God's place for this dangerous idiot is world wide TV?

I truly wish God's army the best of luck with all that eternity in Heaven stuff.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Onward Christian Soldiers wuz my favorite Sunday school song wen small kid time cuz had fightin' and stuff.

Comment

I had the very good fortune to visit Kalaupapa a few years ago. The Christian spirit of Father Damien was incredibly, deeply moving. Truly, a saint. This is what I think of when I think of the true Christian spirit, to help the afflicted, not to condemn them like Robertson does, especially for his own personal financial gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X