X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai‘i Elects Tea Party Candidate!

RETROFITTED SHIPPING CONTAINERS;
    PRE-FABRICATED HOUSING; OFFICE MODULARS- ALL COULD BECOME TEMPORARY HOUSING

Mr. Berg has introduced Resolution 12-74 to create a 5-year housing pilot program. The hearing is set for this Thursday - please see agenda by clicking here.

There are good people working hard who cannot afford to pay rent and are living in the bushes and in shelters trying to survive. This measure could bring instant relief to those that are economically challenged and put them in housing with dignity costing less than a car payment.

Instead of letting the mattresses and tires pile up along the side of the road, why not allow a family to live in a retrofitted shipping container that has been converted to housing and put the container on land previously used as a site for illegal dumping. This would give the landowner the eyes and ears needed on the scene to thwart off illegal activity and provide a landowner with 24/7 security. These containers can be situated anywhere to deter illegal activity.

How about the farmer in need of affordable workforce housing to get produce to market? With retrofitted shipping containers, new jobs can be attained to allow those working on the farm to live on the farm - a symbiotic relationship for the farmer and someone looking for a home and a job.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I've watched this show many times... has everything from volunteer clean-up days to street lights out to...

Monthly T.V. show "FOR EWA TODAY"

For over ten years Tom Berg has been producing a television series on Olelo that is meant to provide the public with news the mainstream media does not cover. Please consider watching the series that airs every Monday at 2PM on channel 54 and every second Sunday at 6PM also on channel 54.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        RETROFITTED SHIPPING CONTAINERS;
        PRE-FABRICATED HOUSING; OFFICE MODULARS- ALL COULD BECOME TEMPORARY HOUSING.
        In the late '80s, when I worked/lived at a plant nursery in Kaaawa Valley, my dwelling was a spartan version of these, just a door and window, but quite sufficient. Being used to boat living, the 30'x8' space for office and home was just what I needed as a single occupant. I loved it, but then, it was free and more location than anything else. If such bare bones existance was good enuf for me, I'd say the more luxurious options could make for sweet digs for anybody. That they can be comparatively easily moved is a definite plus. The standard can be compared to trailer park living, lot's of positives, but strict rules, inspections, and security patrols are needed to maintain civility within any container compound considered, it could get easily out of hand due to the nature of the beast. I doubt we'll see anything significantly proceed towards this viable and long overdue answer to the many problems it could solve.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Okay so voters will have choices for District 1. Now we'll see, eh.

"Hawaii state representative Kymberly Pine announced her candidacy for the Honolulu city council district 1 (leeward coast) seat in the 2012 election.

District 1 covers Leeward Oahu, Kapolei, Makakilo, and Ewa.

It’s the seat that Tom Berg currently holds.

Former state representative Alex Santiago also announced his bid for the city council seat."

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/stor...-P9V3_uSQ.cspx

Comment

Pine running against Berg? Sounds like the two has had some kind of falling out between them.

If Kym is looking to finish Berg off politically by entering this race, she would be right. She smells blood.

Somewhere, Eric Ryan is a having a good laugh.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; April 6, 2012, 10:43 AM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Yeah, too bad for Berg, 'cause Pine is well liked and respected by the voters in her current area.

Also, I enjoyed the joke about the homeless keeping an area safe by providing "...the eyes and ears needed on the scene to thwart off illegal activity and provide a landowner with 24/7 security." That's rich, as they're often (if not usually) the ones involved in said activity. How are you going to select the wheat and reject the chaff, assuming there is some wheat desiring the attention of a farmer hidden amongst the chaff?
              Last edited by salmoned; April 6, 2012, 04:16 PM.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhrdS...LD0DWaP5LxmYI=
                Eric Ryan is under investigation for theft and before he was caught stealing by Tom Berg and fired, he supported Tom Berg.
                Tom Berg turned in Eric Ryan to the authorities and now Eric Ryan has made false claims against Berg in retaliation.

Comment

Re-elect Tom Berg!

How many City Council members have ACED three Resolutions in ONE DAY?
                  August 15, 2012 - In One Single City Council Session:

THREE TOM BERG SPONSORED MEASURES...

Resolution 12-172 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                  Ewa Plains Historic Trails
                  An important step towards official historic recognition of Ewa Plains Trails benefitting future generations. An action for inclusion in state and federal historic trails programs and listings which will create more open recreational areas, recognize more historic sites and further assist Hawaiian cultural preservation programs.

Resolution 12-173 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                  RESTORING SERVICE CUTS TO BUS ROUTES.
                  Urging the Mayor to find funding to immediately restore service cuts instituted to city bus routes and other rural bus routes. This will provide relief for the elderly, handicapped and lower income workers using the Bus to commute to their jobs.

Resolution 12-177 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                  FAREBOX RECOVERY POLICY. Suspending
                  the Farebox Recovery Policy on funding the operating costs of the City bus system for Fiscal Year 2013. This will provide additional relief for the elderly, handicapped and lower income workers using the Bus to commute to their jobs. A major WIN for the people of West Oahu!

This is EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP and PROVES Tom Berg is a WINNER for all of West Oahu!

Watch The Latest News On Berg... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgT4zNS_HdU

Comment

Re: Re-elect Tom Berg!

August 15, 2012 - In One Single City Council Session:

THREE TOM BERG SPONSORED MEASURES...

Resolution 12-172 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                    Ewa Plains Historic Trails
                    An important step to wards official historic recognition of Ewa Plains Trails benefiting future generations. An action for inclusion in state and federal historic trails programs and listings which will create more open recreational areas, recognize more historic sites and further assist Hawaiian cultural preservation programs.
                    How does this TeaBagger propose to pay for this program? Another unfunded pork barrel project?

Resolution 12-173 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                    RESTORING SERVICE CUTS TO BUS ROUTES.
                    Urging the Mayor to find funding to immediately restore service cuts instituted to city bus routes and other rural bus routes. This will provide relief for the elderly, handicapped and lower income workers using the Bus to commute to their jobs.
                    How does this TeaBagger propose to pay for this service? Cuts in teachers' salaries?

Resolution 12-177 - PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
                    FAREBOX RECOVERY POLICY. Suspending
                    the Farebox Recovery Policy on funding the operating costs of the City bus system for Fiscal Year 2013. This will provide additional relief for the elderly, handicapped and lower income workers using the Bus to commute to their jobs. A major WIN for the people of West Oahu!
                    How does this TeaBagger propose to pay for this "additional relief"? Increase in class sizes?

This is EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP and PROVES Tom Berg is a WINNER for all of West Oahu!
                    Actually this is an increase in the State deficit without a source of funding. The only way this works without cutting other programs is an increase in taxes. That is something a TeaBagger has sworn not to do. Time will prove the folly of initiating unfunded services. This is nothing more than a cheap trick to gain support for his re-election.

I'm all for the services passed. I'm also for an increase in taxes to pay for them. Time to stop putting government services and programs on a credit card for future generations to pay.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

You do realize that everyone on the council voted for them right?
                      So I guess it's just a 'cheap trick' by all?
                      Mr. Berg introduced the resolutions.

Comment

You do realize that everyone on the council voted for them right?
                        So I guess it's just a 'cheap trick' by all?
                        Mr. Berg introduced the resolutions.
                        Then his "effective leadership" should provide for a means to pay for it all. There is no free grindz, somebody has to pay for it. He can show that he is a "winner" by providing a means for funding.

How do you think these programs and benefits should be paid for?
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Let me preface this comment with I have nothing against the Slack Key Festival I just enjoyed. Now saying that what is your opinion about OUR Mayor Carlisle giving a $10,000 check to the organizers? Was it a Cheap Trick?
                          Is this more important than keeping bus routes or fares down?
                          Why does it have to affect education? When there are sooo many other options (some stupid) that C&C of Honolulu money is spent(wasted) on that WE could get the funds from instead!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            Then his "effective leadership" should provide for a means to pay for it all. There is no free grindz, somebody has to pay for it. He can show that he is a "winner" by providing a means for funding.

How do you think these programs and benefits should be paid for?
                            Well in a perfect world, since the bus is considered mass transit, you would take the money from the rail fund. Ben Cayetano has said he will cancel rail and convert it to BRT (bus rapid transit), so why not start now? Unfortunately, all that’s going to be tied up in the courts for years, beginning tomorrow.

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            How does this TeaBagger propose to pay for this service? Cuts in teachers' salaries? ...this is an increase in the State deficit without a source of funding.
                            Cutting teachers’ salary wouldn’t make a difference one way or the other since they are funded by the state, not the city. Likewise, none of these bills affect the state deficit, since they’re under the city budget. Try to keep up, matapule.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Over the years, many councilmembers have passed even more resolutions in a single day.

But what's the big deal? Resolutions are not ordinances.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                But what's the big deal?
                                The 'big deal' is trying to do good. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X