Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

I wish! But maybe I should approach A&E with a treatment given Dog's indefinite siesta.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

This is also bad for his bail bonds business. Some folks may avoid him because they don't want to support a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        This is also bad for his bail bonds business. Some folks may avoid him because they don't want to support a racist.
        Hmmm...my first thought is the folks who's business he attracts probably aren't all that concerned with whether or not they're supporting a racist. I could be wrong. As I said...that was my first thought.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Was there some announcement to that effect?
          So far, they just said that production was suspended. No word on airing existing shows or not, or on the overall future of the show.
          Yep!! And CBS radio also said they were "suspending" Don Imus for 2 weeks before eventually dropping the axe on him.

I think A&E's announcement amounts to the network keeping their options open and waiting to see if Dog can successfully ride this storm out,..... or not.

But even if A&E caves into the wrath of these civil rights groups calling for the show's cancellation, weep not a tear for the Chapman clan. Once he's off the air for a period of time and does a round of media appearances where he expresses the requisite amount of contrition for his racial slurs, I'm sure another network will be more than happy to give a "repentant" Dog a second chance. Bet on it!
          Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 2, 2007, 07:33 PM.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Hmmm...my first thought is the folks who's business he attracts probably aren't all that concerned with whether or not they're supporting a racist. I could be wrong. As I said...that was my first thought.
            If they are themselves are of that race, then I think yes. In prison, race is often a major issue and it is not uncommon for prisoners to form race based gangs for protection and power. That's how it is on the mainland, so my guess is that it is similar here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Perhaps there may be a concern that Dog & Co. may be more hesitant about going after criminals of a certain race because of this highly publicized incident?

Sucks to be a celeb.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Well I guess that son won't get anything come inheritance time
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

[QUOTE=MixedPlateBroker;172722] But what kind of ratings would a show about a Samoan bounty hunter busting white people in Utah generate?/QUOTE]

Aw come on is it that bad at BYU/Hawaii?
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    I hope most of you read Lee Cataluna's column today in the Advertiser. She's hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head.
                    I don't think she hit the nail, I think she went in a different direction.

First of all, for the record, I have NEVER seen the Dog's show. I don't have cable and I detest most of TV, Hollywood etc. So I am not affected by the "hypocrit" arguement that Lee Cataluna seems to be making. I agree with her implications if the assumptions about the Dog and his show are true but I don't think they have much to do with this topic. And further, is Lee Cataluna really shocked that a big haole TV SHOW ACTOR with long blond hair and a halloween outfit that he wears everywhere is actually not what he proclaims to be? Hello Lee Honey. You are usually more akamai than that. He's an actor. I would assume 99% of what I see is B.S. That's the job of an entertainer. No?

Lee Cataluna's hypocrisy is not the reason Dog's show is being pulled and he may lose his future income stream. The reason he may lose his job is that he used the dreaded "N" word in PRIVATE with his SON.

If everyone on this list lost their job because they uttered or even thought a racial pejorative, there would be few left on www.hawaiithreads.com with a job. I know I would be the first to go. In fact, I submit that Hawaii's people as a group are probably more guilty of using racial pejoratives (albeit usually silently to themselves) more than any other people of a single state in the country, maybe the world. Afterall, hawaii may be the least racist place in the world but it is surely the most racial.

Meanwhile the "N" word is used everyday in Hollywood movies, on TV, on radio, in songs, blasted on the streets and even used by congressional democrats.

But none of those are a problem.

Somting stinks here.
                    Last edited by kamuelakea; November 3, 2007, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Yep!! And CBS radio also said they were "suspending" Don Imus for 2 weeks before eventually dropping the axe on him.

I think A&E's announcement amounts to the network keeping their options open and waiting to see if Dog can successfully ride this storm out,..... or not.

But even if A&E caves into the wrath of these civil rights groups calling for the show's cancellation, weep not a tear for the Chapman clan. Once he's off the air for a period of time and does a round of media appearances where he expresses the requisite amount of contrition for his racial slurs, I'm sure another network will be more than happy to give a "repentant" Dog a second chance. Bet on it!
                      And Imus is back to work, on another network, a year later.

Your speculation meshes with mine. I think A+E will drop him, he'll write a book, and show up in some new series, all in the course of the next year-and-a-half.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        And Imus is back to work, on another network, a year later.

Your speculation meshes with mine. I think A+E will drop him, he'll write a book, and show up in some new series, all in the course of the next year-and-a-half.
                        Nope. He hauna already. Spoiled and Stinky. Not worth da Kala like he was before. His true colors came out and he was his own destroyer. It was just a matter of time foa truth to come out. People lil dat are phonies. Dey live in glass houses which easily break.

Good foa da SOB!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Auntie Pupule
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Nope. He hauna already. Spoiled and Stinky. Not worth da Kala like he was before. His true colors came out and he was his own destroyer. It was just a matter of time foa truth to come out. People lil dat are phonies. Dey live in glass houses which easily break.

Good foa da SOB!

HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Auntie Pupule
                          Lucky ting you don't know my true kala, or what goes on in my head everyday. I make Lucifer look like a cub scout.

Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            Lucky ting you don't know my true kala, or what goes on in my head everyday. I make Lucifer look like a cub scout.

I rebuke you by the Blood and Name of Jesus Christ the Son of God!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

That Jesus scares me.

Comment

No Jesus Pictures from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X