Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Hmmm...you bring up an interesting point, LL. Would the show have been suspended had Dog been ranting about a white girlfriend and using the term "white trash" or even "f***ing haole" instead of the n-bomb? Or would those 2 terms be acceptable coming from someone caucasian even if spewed in anger?
    There you go tutusue. Perfect.
    I've heard the second term used and it definitely was meant badly.

I think humanity on a whole is getting less racist than previous times,
    but there's still a lot of it. And it can be from any race towards any race.
    Also Dog wasn't on national television at the time, although it ended up there.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Well I guess that son won't get anything come inheritance time
      Considering that Dog has 10 children from five different women, perhaps the payout from the Enquirer was looking more attractive.
      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        flatly put: it's not surprising that a young man who sells his father out to a tabloid was raised by the kind of man who believes it's okay to use the n-word in the way dog did in the phone conversation, even if it's "just in private" and "in anger."
        Then you must think less of me for all the thougts in my head and private statements I've made in the past and present.

But if I can't let my guard down when among my family. If I have to walk on eggshells, be diplomatic, and inhibited to have private conversation with my loved ones without fear that they would betray me, I wouldn't live long. I'd go postal.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I try to resist judging people as is often my want. That said it is difficult for me to embrace the idea that someone can be basically a "good" person while using racial epithets in private. We reveal ourselves in our speech whether in public or private. One can still be reprehensible while showing manners in public. For me the term PC is really about showing sensitivity and compassion. Sympathy if not empathy. The "bad" name the term has gotten seems to be coming mostly from people who jealously guard their prejudices like they're some measure of their personal freedom. If Dog is like-minded he deserves what he gets for showcasing himself as a champion of righteousness. Guess who's coming to dinner?
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Hmmm...you bring up an interesting point, LL. Would the show have been suspended had Dog been ranting about a white girlfriend and using the term "white trash" or even "f***ing haole" instead of the n-bomb? Or would those 2 terms be acceptable coming from someone caucasian even if spewed in anger?
            It seems that self-deprecation is acceptable in most contexts. Disparaging the group one belongs to rarely carries the sting that comes naturally with outside criticism or judgement. Not very uplifting for the group but usually taken less gravely and often as humor.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Then you must think less of me for all the thougts in my head and private statements I've made in the past and present.

But if I can't let my guard down when among my family. If I have to walk on eggshells, be diplomatic, and inhibited to have private conversation with my loved ones without fear that they would betray me, I wouldn't live long. I'd go postal.

Maybe that's what the kid did, go a form of postal.

Think about it....if the term was used regularly in his father's house who by his own statement didn't approve of the girlfriend, ya kind of have to think it was used fairly regularly to refer to the girlfriend.

If you loved the girl and had been with her for 7 months (hey some folks get married in shorter time frames) how long do you think it'd take to blow your stack and take your father up on his 'suggestion' when he gives you the ultimatum of give her up (in the nastiest way possible) or get out? A 'don't worry about her...but it's the last straw for me and ya just pooched it for yourself' emotional scattergun reaction.

I still have to think that it was a regular term used in conversation when talking about the girlfriend for the son to be able to get the tape done.

Comment

flatly put: it's not surprising that a young man who sells his father out to a tabloid was raised by the kind of man who believes it's okay to use the n-word in the way dog did in the phone conversation, even if it's "just in private" and "in anger."

hey, i'm all for letting your guard down or letting your hair down or venting about a rough day in private conversations. i do that too. but if you feel you have to use epithets as vile as "n*" in order to "keep from going postal," then yeah, i definitely would think less of you.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  It seems that self-deprecation is acceptable in most contexts. Disparaging the group one belongs to rarely carries the sting that comes naturally with outside criticism or judgement. Not very uplifting for the group but usually taken less gravely and often as humor.
                  Actually I was asking if anyone thought the show would be suspended had the caucasion epithets been used.

Thanks for your input tho'. I agree with it.

Comment

Actually I was asking if anyone thought the show would be suspended had the caucasion epithets been used.

Thanks for your input tho'. I agree with it.
                    Wouldn't that have been a pot/kettle situation? In any case since Dog is haole/white trash I doubt it. Unless there's some group looking out
                    for negative stereotypes of crackers on TV. Shameful the way they depict "trailer trash", I mean "poor white folks" on Cops.

I'd be more curious to know if Dog's got other gems to refer to locals.

Comment

Dog's on Fox News right now...

I'm such a sucker... he's in tears and I believe that he is truly sorry and has learned his lesson... I know, I should never, NEVER serve on jury duty coz I'm such a sucker for a show of emotion!

I clicked on the National Enquirer site just because I felt like I should hear the tape to form my own opinion but I just feel dirty now... I'm off to have a shower just for going to that website!!
                      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        I'd be more curious to know if Dog's got other gems to refer to locals.
                        You mean worse than mine?

Comment

hey, i'm all for letting your guard down or letting your hair down or venting about a rough day in private conversations. i do that too. but if you feel you have to use epithets as vile as "n*" in order to "keep from going postal," then yeah, i definitely would think less of you.
                          Well, it's not like I'm making any effort to make you think more of me.

Comment

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

You mean worse than mine?
                              Maybe no worse but, while you might not agree, in whose mouth can make a big difference. It's possible that Dog's "baggage" pre-dates his arrival in Hawaii and therefore he might not use unflattering shorthand terms for his present neighbors.

Comment

Dog's baggage includes a conviction for accessory to the murder of one Jerry Lee Oliver, a black man, in Texas circa 1976.
                                "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                                X