Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

I'd rather see his show suspended because it's well .... awful. I've been watching it to try to catch recent street scenes in Hawaii, just because I miss the place. And I can't see the people/streets/beach/trees/etc because there are all these fat trashy people in the way! I feel sorry for the people Dog rounds up - they must feel ashamed being seen with him.

That being said, it's amazing that something he says in private can get him in trouble like this, especially when tons of people use the N-word. That word is in literature, in history, in music, people use it talking to each other on the street, etc. I wonder if Dog had been in Florida or Texas if this would be an issue. Or if the girl had been haole so he'd say "f-in haole" or "white trash" or something? I guess that would have been OK.

Dog, you're really stupid to use that word, but your life is a soap opera anyway. And with 10 children and perhaps more in his future, in the eyes of Nature he's more successful than most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Punaluu_kid View Post
      I've been watching it to try to catch recent street scenes in Hawaii
      ...and you look at Playboy just for the articles, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Well, it's not like I'm making any effort to make you think more of me.
        thank the lord. if you had been, you certainly went a sad way about it.

you'll want rethink writing future statements that practically beg the question, as you did here:

Then you must think less of me for all the thougts in my head and private statements I've made in the past and present.
        moving on:

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
        Dog's on Fox News right now...

I'm such a sucker... he's in tears and I believe that he is truly sorry and has learned his lesson... I know, I should never, NEVER serve on jury duty coz I'm such a sucker for a show of emotion!

I clicked on the National Enquirer site just because I felt like I should hear the tape to form my own opinion but I just feel dirty now... I'm off to have a shower just for going to that website!!
        on 102.7 this morning, the morning bomb guys said dog appeared on hannity colmes (that bastion of fair and balanced reporting!) and cried practically the whole time. they played snippets of the interview, including one where dog claimed to have been completely ignorant, prior to his convo being released to the enquirer, that the word n*er was "like a stab in the heart" to black people or something like that.

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't what he say to tucker in the recorded message tell us that, contrary to his claim of ignorance, he understood quite well what that word meant, how that word is received by americans-at-large, and most clearly, how a recording of him using that word would adversely affect on his career and the well-being of his babies?

he didn't know what that word meant. if that isn't a crock of uffkury...
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Better yet, when he made his initial statement about it (to paraphrase) not being about her blackness but her character.

Then it turns out, from his own mouth, he's never spoke to her or even knew what she looked like.

Comment

You know, sometimes i wonder why hasn't any crazy shot Dog yet?

Maybe it is because he is the star of the show, and the star only gets shot during the season finally!

Comment

Link

Subject of Dog's Tirade Allegedly Gave Alcohol to Minors
              Posted Nov 13th 2007 2:15PM by TMZ Staff
              Filed under: Meltdowns

Tucker Chapman's girlfriend, Monique Shinnery, was thrown out of a Honolulu club last month for allegedly purchasing drinks for underage patrons.

Shinnery -- who was the subject of a racist tirade by Duane "Dog" Chapman that was secretly recorded by Tucker -- was at the 21-and-over club Lulu's in Honolulu on the night of October 13.

According to Honolulu P.D. Detective Eli Walters, who was off duty and working security that night, Shinnery was asked to leave the club after it was learned she was giving drinks to people under the age of 21.

When Walters came over to help remove Shinnery and Chapman from the club, he tells TMZ that Shinnery immediately began playing the race card -- saying the only reason they were being kicked out was that they were an interracial couple.
              Ironic, considering she's suing him for damaging her character.

The end of the article also states that she's a public school teacher. Anyone know which school?
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

OMG. I don't know what else to say. I know what I'm thinking. Race has NOTHING to do with it!

I see her as a gold digger and, while I'm not a huge fan of the Dog, I do feel for him and his family under these circumstances. I think this whole thing has been overblown and overrated through the whole process. It's stupid and the fact that these two young good-for-nothings were trying to ensnare familly with the use of a word just as a tool to get more money out of anyone they could accuse is just nauseating!

Furthermore, isn't what Tucker did entrapment? In addition, isn't recording a phone conversation without the other party's knowledge illegal?

This "girlfriend" of his teaches here? In one of our schools?!? OMG. Tucker shouldn't be so smug and he better watch his back with this vindictive woman too! I wouldn't trust her! Of course, she shouldn't trust him either!

Puke! They both make me sick. They need to get a life, get a job, move to Iraq... just get lost!
                Aloha,
                Evelyn
                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Did somebody send the article to A&E? Give me a frickin' break! That ought a clear things up real fast! Nothing would burn those two punky youths more than to have A & E and the rest of the world ignore them!
                  Aloha,
                  Evelyn
                  Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
                    Did somebody send the article to A&E? Give me a frickin' break! That ought a clear things up real fast! Nothing would burn those two punky youths more than to have A & E and the rest of the world ignore them!
                    Even if that article was sent to A&E, what would that do? Money talks. A&E likely yanked it off the air because they know companies won't buy commercial time during a show that features a guy who used the N-word.

The only image A&E cares about is their own.
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Lei Liko is right, but the National Enquirer should be tipped. They published the original NGA rant, and this is every bit as juicy!

That would turn the original story around and point the Enquirer focus right back at the original source. It would give Tucker and girlfriend a taste of their own medicine.

Very poetic.

Blaine
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
                        [...]Furthermore, isn't what Tucker did entrapment? In addition, isn't recording a phone conversation without the other party's knowledge illegal?
                        As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal. Now, if "girlfriend" had bugged the phone without Dog's or Tucker's knowledge, then that's illegal as I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
                        [...]
                        Originally posted by zztype View Post
                        Lei Liko is right, but the National Enquirer should be tipped.[...]
                        Sumthin' tells me the rags probably log on to TMZ.com with regularity!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          Even if that article was sent to A&E, what would that do? Money talks. A&E likely yanked it off the air because they know companies won't buy commercial time during a show that features a guy who used the N-word.

The only image A&E cares about is their own.
                          Good point Lei Liko, you're right. In my usual fashion I was only looking at it from an emotional standpoint. It's always about the money. Sigh.
                          Aloha,
                          Evelyn
                          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal.
                            I better be careful of what I say on the phone. After all, there is no such thing as "close friends."
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal. Now, if "girlfriend" had bugged the phone without Dog's or Tucker's knowledge, then that's illegal as I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
                              [...]
                              Correct, for all but 12 states in the union.

from The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

Regardless of the state, it is almost always illegal to record a conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent to tape, and could not naturally overhear.
                              As for Hawaii, specifically, according to that website:

Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-42: Any wire, oral or electronic communication (including cellular phone calls) can lawfully be recorded by a person who is a party to the communication, or when one of the parties has consented to the recording, so long as no criminal or tortious purpose exists. Unlawful interceptions or disclosures of private communications are punishable as felonies.

The one-party consent rule does not apply, however, to the installation of a recording device in a "private place" that will amplify or broadcast conversations outside that private place. All parties who have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that place must consent to the installation of a recording device. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-42(b)(3).

Civil penalties for unlawful interception or disclosure include the greater of actual damages or any profits made by the violator, $100 for each day of violation, or $10,000, along with punitive damages, attorney fees and litigation costs. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-48. A hotel room has been found by the Hawaii Supreme Court to be a private place where a recording device cannot legally be installed without the consent of the room's occupants. Hawaii v. Lo, 675 P.2d 754 (Haw. 1983).

It is a felony to install or use a surveillance device in a private place to view a person in a "stage of undress or sexual activity" without the person's consent. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 711-1110.9. It is a misdemeanor to possess materials obtained in this manner. If the person is not in such a stage, it is a misdemeanor. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 711-1111.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I better be careful of what I say on the phone. After all, there is no such thing as "close friends."
                                You're much better off carrying a notepad, showing your friends the messages, then crumpling them up yourself once they read it.

Like Pad Man. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X