Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Part of Today

so let me spread some aloha (*snort*) by starting a "what was the best part of today" thread. share anything that made your day brighter or even restored some of your faith in humanity, god, technology, whatever.

for me they were:

1. finding that the bamboo cutting i placed into a new vase just last week is sprouting roots, despite my blackest of black black so black omg they're totally black thumbs;

2. hearing (or rather, reading) that my beau referred to me as his "better half." it's a small thing, and we've been together for years, but it always has the great effect of making me feel as ecstatically melty as that warm godiva cake at morton's (which, if you haven't tried it, i strongly urge you to get thee there and enjoy it with a glass of fonseca. mmmm...chocolate-y heaven!);

and...

3. during all my automobile-y travails today, NO ONE BLOCKED ANY INTERSECTIONS!!!

*cheer, mid-air splits*

superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Re: best part of today...anti-pet peeve thread

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    3. during all my automobile-y travails today, NO ONE BLOCKED ANY INTERSECTIONS!!!

*cheer, mid-air splits*

You my favorite. My type of person eh.

Comment

Went to the dentist this morning to get some work done on a couple of teeth. When I am inhaling nitrous oxide I usually ask for music to be played so I can focus on the sound and tell the passage of time. Most times they will turn on the radio to KUMU FM during checkups or they give me a CD player when doing special work. Since today was special work I bring along the Carpenters Classics Volume 2 which has 2 CDs in it. The first CD is kind of gloomy compared to the second CD but the third track of the second CD is titled "Hurting Each Other".

One almost have to laugh when this track plays while you are under the influence of nitrous oxide, your lower jaw is numb from the local the dentist applies and there are things sticking inside your mouth.

Today's visit went pretty fast today. And while the jaw was numb for a long time while I was able to eat later in the afternoon.

Comment

Receiving an invitation to meet, during an upcoming trip, someone I am honored to meet (and learning that it was they who wished to meet me.)

Comment

Re: Best Part of Today

Kissing my sleeping wife goodbye before I went off to work.

Comment

Coming home and being greeted with a screaming stampede of kids, making me a rockstar in my own home... for at least 45 seconds, after which "Charlie and Lola" again reclaimed their focus.

Comment

My MAMA coming home from the hospital!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Coming home and being greeted with a screaming stampede of kids, making me a rockstar in my own home... for at least 45 seconds, after which "Charlie and Lola" again reclaimed their focus.
                Yeah, I love that too. Coming home and seeing a mad dash by my daughters and dogs to get to me. Nothing in the world compares to that. Of course, after I give em a coupla airplane rides, it's back to "Barney & Friends"

Best part of today, aside from that, was after dinner when I was washing the dishes, my wife came up behind me, gave me a hug and a kiss. I love those spontaneous shows of affection from her.

Oh, and I was surfing with my cuz this morning, and for about a 30 minute span, the waves were firing and there was NO ONE else out but us! We couldn't believe it. That only happens about 2-3 times a year. We could see a bunch of guys starting to paddle out, so we caught as many waves as we could in that small window. Soooo stoked

Comment

Getting this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPae3XbOh9s

via instant messenger from my cousin. She knew I was having a bad day at work and she knew this would cheer me up because this was always one of my favorite songs from Sesame Street.

20 years later it still brings a smile to my face.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

My camera's battery went dead today while I was photographing the snow...so my 4 year old says..."what batteries went dead mommy?"

I said "Hunny my camera batteries went dead"...so he tore off into his room and drug out his special suitcase and ran back into the room and came out with a string and undid his suitcase...

He pulled out his new camera...the one "santa" MADE for him at the North Pole...he handed it to me and said "Here! You can use mine for as long as you need mom, Santa painted it for me because I am special! and I want you to use it too because you are special too!"

Yeah....THAT was the best part of my WEEK!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Finally getting the time to access a Web site, download it, update some pages and put it back with success! A pro bono effort. I am by no means a goddess when it comes to this stuff... so just achieving this was a huge victory for me. I WISH I knew how to do fun flash and groovy things, but I'm pretty nuts and bolts when it comes to Web site updating.

Making dinner for my girls: pork chops, veggies, pasta, lemon-dill sauce...and having them actually eat some of it, that's a huge victory for me. I worry about Kid 2. She won't let anything veggie or fruity pass her lips.

Feeling those obliques after yesterday's core workout at The Oahu Club. Holy cow, every step I take reminds me I have these muscles on the sides of my waist. Nice to feel a new kinda pain as a result of taking care of myself, lol!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

i let someone in my lane and they gave me a shaka!
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

The best part of today was driving by my car mechanic's shop and seeing his door open for the first time in 6 weeks. He was injured in a freak accident on a boat and spent 18 days of the last 6 weeks in the hospital. When bad things happen to good people...

Comment

My daily chocolate muffin. (Muffins are good for you, right? )

Comment

Best part of today so far, since I just woke up...? Waking up with me and my wife in good health for one more day

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              Getting this link:
                              Here's another good one, but don't watch it unless you want it stuck in your head for a few hours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKd0JC17XJY

Comment

Working...
                              X