This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Last sunset of 2008, taken at Kakaako Waterfront Park, Honolulu, Hawaii. Happy New Year.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

after a blizzard ripped through Utah me and a friend went up to the canyons just to check it out and we had fun. hehehehe
      Attached Files
      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Choice sunset Mel!

And howzit PEDRO!!!
        Happy New Years and all the Bestest.
        There was sooo much smoke at the Bishop Museum last night that it was spooky looking across the Great Lawn or parking lots. (Didn't bring my camera) Would've loved to had you there Pedro!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

thanks mene,

speaking of cammera I might get myself one of them point and clickers like yours makes it easier to lug around at social functions while my dslr is great for scene shots. I can zoom up to 300mm with it cool but like I said good for scenes and sports. A smokey day at the Bishop Museum eh? Sounds like a blast. I miss it already. Take it easy dude and like wise HAPPY NEW YEAR

Petey
          A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

January 1, 2009 - Photos of the first sunrise & rainbow.

The first sunrise of 2009, taken at Kakaako Waterfront Park early today.

The first rainbow of 2009, taken at Kakaako Waterfront Park early today.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

That lone coconut tree and sun is "postcard" material!

Here's an artsy shot (for me)
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I got up early this morning and went out to take pictures. 1) First was sunrise at the far east end of Sandy Beach Park. Then back up to the turn-out spot above Makapu'u Beach for this shot of 2) Rabbit Island. Finally, I was taking shots of the surfers below and took this 3) sequence. I thought of SophieLynette's lomogrophy shots and put 5 together.

Comment

Very nice sunrise and beach photos Jim. Tattratt love the night shots and high end Audi. The framing on your sunrise is good Menehune Man.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Next, it was back past Sandy's to the east end of China Walls where these men were fishing on this shelf. The sea was very rough and big waves were breaking up against the rocks. The men were drenched. I thought it was pretty frisky with two shirts on, due to the wind. I can't imagine standing out there soaking wet. A couple of times the one guy had to back away from where he stood really quickly to avoid getting hit with significant water.

Comment

Then I went into Honolulu and found Round Top Drive. I really liked that. There was almost no-one on the road so I was able to slowly amble around. I took this wide-angle of Honolulu from the lookout spot. Aunty Lynn, this must be the spot where you like to go. I'm totally on-board with that. After that it was back to Kailua and down to the beach park. There were lots of people surf-sailing/para-surfing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                        Then I went into Honolulu and found Round Top Drive. I really liked that. --- Aunty Lynn, this must be the spot where you like to go. I'm totally on-board with that.
                        I believe she got married up there on Tantalus.

Comment

Jim, beautiful shots! My dad was a lifetime fisherman; I have wished many times over the last year that he could have had the chance to fish here. I so would have emailed those pics to him.

Tantalus looks so magnificent! That's the next day trip for us.

Comment

Great series, Jim!

I had the pleasure of shooting the Tim Reynolds slow last night, was an AWESOME show! I have seen him play along side Dave Mathews, but his solo stuff was killer!

here are a few

flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

The Trio

flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                                Audi R8, pics do not do it justice, in person this car is pure sex!
                                Oh, baby. I love the blue sky reflected in the window. Did you position yourself to get it just right, or was it a happy accident?

Originally posted by mel View Post
                                Last sunset of 2008, taken at Kakaako Waterfront Park, Honolulu, Hawaii. Happy New Year.
                                I like how that line in the water crosses through the "waist" of the statue.

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                                after a blizzard ripped through Utah me and a friend went up to the canyons just to check it out and we had fun. hehehehe
                                The rock showing through the light snow gives it a nice texture.

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                                Here's an artsy shot (for me)
                                It's interesting how the geometric shapes of the window frame resemble the the skyscrapers.

I thought of SophieLynette's lomogrophy shots and put 5 together.
                                Great idea. I liked how you lined up the wave, in each shot, so it looks like one continuous wave. Neat.

Next, it was back past Sandy's to the east end of China Walls where these men were fishing on this shelf.
                                I love the color of the ocean right behind the fishermen. They're framed by the deeper water above and the dark rocks below.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                                I had the pleasure of shooting the Tim Reynolds slow last night, was an AWESOME show!
                                Dude. TAT. You TOTALLY messed up the white balance in that first shot ;_)

Love the colors.
                                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                                "
                                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                                X