Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Part of Today - Chapter 2

Best part of today so far...

I went to my Doctor for a complete physical.
    Did blood/urine tests the other morning.

I hadn't been to see him since 2002!
    I passed with flying colors. Blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol all great!
    Liver, Kidneys, and other bodily functions working properly.
    Even my moles, dry feet and skin blemishes are fine.

Time for a beer and smoke... HaHa!
    I gotta go to work soon, so no can.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Best Part of Today

Good for you, MM! Everything in moderation, huh?

Best part of my day so far? Still working on it!

Comment

Best part? I avoided an accident by inches. Some idiot pulled out of a condo parking lot and headed left across oncoming traffic without looking or stopping. I was already directly in front of that driveway, saw him coming straight for the passenger side of my NEW car , and quickly accelerated into an oncoming traffic lane which forced me to aim for a cross street due to an oncoming car. What an adrenaline rush...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        ... and quickly accelerated into an oncoming traffic lane which forced me to aim for a cross street due to an oncoming car. What an adrenaline rush...
        I guess that answers anyone's questions about a hybrid's ability to accelerate quickly enough...
        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
          I guess that answers anyone's questions about a hybrid's ability to accelerate quickly enough...
          Kinda reminds me of those feats of unexpected power like when a mother, single handedly, lifts a car off of her child. It can't be repeated under normal circumstances. I think my car got a shot of my adrenaline!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Good for you, MM! Everything in moderation, huh?

Best part of my day so far? Still working on it!
            That's funny cyleet99!
            Moderation and Menehune Man don't mix. HaHa!
            Yeah, I'm glad the doctor liked all my numbers, sounds(inside me), and answers to his questions.

Bet you found found some laughs today too?!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Best part of today was buying veggies from the Aloun Farms stand by Costco. Yummm!

Comment

Being asked to fill in on bass with some of the best Hawaiian musicians in the Puget Sound area, at a local weekend festival - afterward, the band leader sez: "you're on my list now, I'll be calling on you again soon."

I'm floored. I don't think I'm particularly good, but I guess I provide what is desired. (I like to say I put the rude in rudimentary playing.)

Comment

Going to church. Especially today. I donated a HTPC (Home Theater PC computer) to our church's new digs for their AV media presentations. AMD Athlon Phenom i3 Processor running 4-GB of RAM and Windows 7 Professional.

This computer has a HDMI output so their media presentations are in High Definition. Before they were running an old Dell desktop so the video and scripture overlays weren't running smoothly and sometimes their computer would completely crash because the software they were using required something more powerful. Not good when you're in the middle of a sermon and the projected scriptures don't show up on the screen or are delayed because the computer can't decide what to do next.

Now they are up in the 21st century with a smoking fast computer.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Being asked to fill in on bass with some of the best Hawaiian musicians in the Puget Sound area, at a local weekend festival - afterward, the band leader sez: "you're on my list now, I'll be calling on you again soon."
                    Same festival, today I led a band of local amateur uke players (mostly haole, mostly lifelong mainlanders, though not all), and one of the finest Hawaiian singers in our area says of us: "it takes a lot of courage for a group like that to sing Hawaiian songs in front of an audience of Hawaiians --- and they've gotten pretty good!"

Thanks, SUPA, for a fine show.

Comment

Church then lunch and being here with Manele & Koele!

Comment

We celebrated Kiana's 4th B.D. at a Private Lagoon at Hickim complete with our own Life Guard. The theme was Pirates. The children had so much fun walking the planks, hitting the pinata, swimming and yes...so much food! I sat and gazed at my grandchildren. Soon Ulandria and Kiana will be leaving to their new home in Alabama. Daddy's getting relocated. It's near to Uncle Conrad in Kentucky.

Gramma Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Soon Ulandria and Kiana will be leaving to their new home in Alabama. Daddy's getting relocated. It's near to Uncle Conrad in Kentucky.
                          Oh, my. I predict more Mainland travels in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            Oh, my. I predict more Mainland travels in your future.
                            Looking forward to them.

Picture taken at Kiana's BD Party.
                            My grand-children: Amar, Devyne, Ulandria, Antonio, and Kiana. Missing Bayle 6 months. (Picture by Parish Kaleiwahea)
                            Attached Files
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I actually got a day off...but then I was hard at work on all my Lion stuff and for some reason, it just doesn't feel like a day off anymore...hmmmm....
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X