Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings

Now that could be an interesting twist of a plot line!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      what's to talk about? he realized he had a problem with PRESCRIPTION drugs due to a work-related injury, is getting treatment and will be returning to work soon. I don't see any news or reason to gossip in this story.
      Never said that this topic was the fodder for juicy gossip. But as the news story makes clear, O'Loughlin's medical/medication issue might very well have an impact on the production of the show itself, if he has to take time off from filming.

So yeah. It IS worth talking about in this thread.

Originally posted by mel View Post
      If they have a few more episodes to shoot, they're gonna have to write his absence into the storyline... captured by Wo Fat... any suggestions?
      That's not a bad idea. Or maybe one of those "flashback" episodes, featuring the rest of the Five-0 cast recounting the most dramatic scenes from the show thus far.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        That's not a bad idea. Or maybe one of those "flashback" episodes, featuring the rest of the Five-0 cast recounting the most dramatic scenes from the show thus far.
        Nah, too soon for this. It's only the second season.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

ah Frankie - I can always count on you to come back with some sort of confrontation. If you weren't hoping for some sort of gossipy response to your initial post - what was your point? it was a non issue. and a non story. so, have fun - maybe you can get somebody else to play - it won't be me.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            Star Trek: The Next Generation had such an episode in its second season, heck even Stargate SG-1 had this type of episode in their first season, I am not sure if the 1990's version of The Outer Limits did it in their first season as well.

Comment

ah Frankie - I can always count on you to come back with some sort of confrontation.
              My response to your post is simply that. A response. If you view my response to your post as a "confrontation," then that's up to you, taking such a defensive posture.

If you weren't hoping for some sort of gossipy response to your initial post - what was your point?
              Well, let's see. The title of this thread is "Hawaii Five-0: Season 2 - News & Sightings." And since this story has been reported on by media outlets like Hawaii News Now, then (gasp!) I guess that makes it a news item. Thus, my posting it in this thread relating to Hawaii Five-0 news.

That's a pretty straight-forward point, isn't it?

Moreover, this report about Alex O'Loughlin and prescription pain medication is not gossip or rumor. It is a FACT, confirmed by both the actor's publicist and CBS network.

O'Loughlin's publicist Jodi Gottlieb released a statement, which said, "Alex is taking a short break from Hawaii Five-0 to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."
              CBS released a statement, saying, "We respect and support Alex's decision. Everyone at CBS Television Studios and Hawaii Five-O wishes him well and we look forward to his return."
              it was a non issue. and a non story. so, have fun.
              Well, the local news team obviously doesn't agree with your assessment of the situation. It's a news story. This thread is about news related to Hawaii Five-0. I honestly don't understand what you are trying to get at here.
              Last edited by Frankie's Market; March 4, 2012, 12:59 AM.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                Originally posted by helen View Post
                Star Trek: The Next Generation had such an episode in its second season, heck even Stargate SG-1 had this type of episode in their first season, I am not sure if the 1990's version of The Outer Limits did it in their first season as well.
                Family Ties did the first of several episodes dedicated to flashbacks in the second season, as well. So it's not as if H50 doing a flashback episode now is outlandish or unheard of.

It's either that, or possibly having the star of the show be totally absent in an upcoming episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  [B]It's either that, or possibly having the star of the show be totally absent in an upcoming episode.
                  If it is for one episode or two, I can see this possibly happening... with the understanding that O'Loughlin will be back in an upcoming episode(s). Since this is getting closer to April, I would think most of the episodes are in the can save for the last few... are they going to do a cliffhanger this season or just trail off?

If O'Loughlin leaves the show, then it could be curtains for the series... Can't really re-cast the lead character since his face is now more of less engrained as the 21st century's Steve McGarrett.

Of course this is just my opinion on the item that to me is also news. The actor is going (or in) rehab... the series has to roll without him for a while.

TV series have shot episodes without the lead before, though these happen mostly with "ensemble" casts. Again just my observation.

Hopefully Mr. O'Loughlin can make it through this and be back on the series.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

If they have a few more episodes to shoot, they're gonna have to write his absence into the storyline... captured by Wo Fat... any suggestions?
                    They could handle the situation like how the movie Plan 9 from Outer Space did it. When Bela Lugosi died in the middle of shooting the movie, the director had a stand-in cover his face with a cape during scenes.

Comment

If O'Loughlin leaves the show, then it could be curtains for the series... Can't really re-cast the lead character since his face is now more of less engrained as the 21st century's Steve McGarrett.
                      Talk of the show being in jeopardy because of this is way too premature, IMO. Celebrities who have had issues re: pain medication (like Rush Limbaugh and Brett Favre) have been able to resume their careers, without an extended leave of absence. I wouldn't lose sleep over any "doomsday" scenario, at this point.

TV series have shot episodes without the lead before, though these happen mostly with "ensemble" casts. Again just my observation.
                      Of course, an episode w/o O'Loughlin in it is possible. But I would think a flashback episode still makes a lot of sense, as it both maintains the star actor's presnce on the show and,.... it saves the production $$$$, does it not?

Comment

Noticed that there were filming in front of the old Advertiser Building on Kapiolani Blvd. this morning and was done before 2pm. Traffic was rerouted during that time.

Comment

Working...
                        X