Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I don't like the Oceanic ad that has the lady from Maui & the arrogant guy from here talking about how they met and how she apparently moved here to be with him. Yet SHE says, she only moved to save $$$ on her internet bill. Makes the guy look really lame
    The guy look lame?

The girl is even lamer. No smart, sane girl would move in from the neighbor island with some Honolulu guy just to save on internet bill. Even Judge Judy would tell her that.

Of course, if I was that guy, I wouldn't even brag. I seen how she look.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      Heehee, Yep it's the spot that's annoying. Especially cuz Sven thinks it's funny to bug me with it. Like, I was trying to make a difficult left turn last week and he was all "No can!!". I wanted to poke him with a sharp stick!

The guy in the commercial is kinda cute, and I'm happy to hear he has another commercial out there!
      I'm wondering OCTW why is using the early commercial featuring him, 'cuz they did a sequel to that one in which he got all groomed and cleaned up (he went from the "Wild Hawaiian" to "Honolulu's Metrosexual" look).

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        The guy look lame?

The girl is even lamer. No smart, sane girl would move in from the neighbor island with some Honolulu guy just to save on internet bill. Even Judge Judy would tell her that.

Of course, if I was that guy, I wouldn't even brag. I seen how she look.
        She has a nice personality. That's what guys like.

Comment

I don't like the Oceanic ad that has the lady from Maui & the arrogant guy from here talking about how they met and how she apparently moved here to be with him. Yet SHE says, she only moved to save $$$ on her internet bill. Makes the guy look really lame
          Awww... I think they're funny and so cute together!

Comment

I don't like the Oceanic ad that has the lady from Maui & the arrogant guy from here talking about how they met and how she apparently moved here to be with him.
            I don't mind the ad. But the guy, Troy, really is named Troy, and he works at the Waipio Costco. We know him as the receipt checker (and our kids know him as one of the people who draws happy faces for kids on receipts). Nice friendly guy who, of course, now gets teased all the time about the ad.

Last time I saw him, I asked how he liked his RoadRunner service. He said it's been down for a few days, so Oceanic must be sick of the commercials, too.

Comment

hey, i wasn't criticizing the actors - just the ad concept. they are just doing the job they were hired to do. i'm sure they are both very nice folks. i just don't like the ad itself.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                I don't care for the hearing aid commercial with the family who applauds at the end.
                What?

*tries to adjust his hearing aid*

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  She has a nice personality. That's what guys like.
                  Guys don't let girls move into their private castle because of a nice personality, unless she's his cousin.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    Last time I saw him, I asked how he liked his RoadRunner service. He said it's been down for a few days, so Oceanic must be sick of the commercials, too.
                    Someone at OCTW forgot to tell their ad agency.

Comment

• Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Someone at OCTW forgot to tell their ad agency.
                      Their "ad agency" is in-house. They know what they're doing!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Then pzarquon is mistaken.

Kinda ironic, the commercial promoting Road Runner you're in is on the air now, but your own Road Runner service is down.

Garrick: "Hey, Oceanic. I see you've re-aired the Road Runner commercial I was in. Cool. Speaking of which, my service is down. Can you guys come fix it? Can?"

OCTW: "No can!"

Comment

Then pzarquon is mistaken.[...]
                          I'll refine my reply above just a bit! While their ad/marketing dept. is in-house, they do use freelancers on some projects. What I shoulda mentioned is that, afaik, they have not hired an outside ad agency.

How was PZ mistaken?

Comment

How was PZ mistaken?
                            He surmised that Oceanic is sick of Garrick's commercials.

Comment

He surmised that Oceanic is sick of Garrick's commercials.
                              I guess I didn't take PZ's statement seriously...even without a Smilie! I can't imagine the RR service being down has anything to do with Troy's commercials, one way or the other. I read it as a tongue-in-cheek statement that Troy made! Diff'rent drains for diff'rent brains, me guesses!

Comment

I agree about the Oceanic Ad with the couple on Maui...they don't even match as a couple!

Anyone see those Olelo "Speak" commercials? The one where all the people have their mouth taped? I get the point of the commercial, but it's irritating hearing people mumbling through the tape! I have to change the station every time that commercial comes on.

There's a radio ad out now that's irritating too....It's for the Varsity (Bar). Starts off with a guy telling you how to conserve water...then they tell you to drink more beer.
                                Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Working...
                                X