Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbulletin Boo Boo's

Raises for everyone, I say!

Including - Ryan, Mel, Helen, Lynn, Manoa, Jeffrey Green, Tristin, Bard, Lurkah, Kimo, and anyone else who wants one.

(We are speaking of glasses filled with an enjoyable beverage, aren't we?)

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe

Pot calling the kettle black yet again.
      If I had pigtails, you'd be dunking them in the inkwells, wouldn't ya?

"And they called it ... puppy loooooooove!"

C'mon, Joey, sing with me!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Hell, Blaine rocks, so I'd say he deserves a raise no matter what. Mad too. And Burl. Especially for putting up with us.
        You kiddin? They oughta be paying us for our entertainment value!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
          Raises for everyone, I say!

Including - Ryan, Mel, Helen, Lynn, Manoa, Jeffrey Green, Tristin, Bard, Lurkah, Kimo, and anyone else who wants one.

(We are speaking of glasses filled with an enjoyable beverage, aren't we?)
          I not suppose to partake in alcoholic beverages anymore...but wat the hell. My doctor not around. Fill her up. Make dat a double Crown Royal and Water!

Mmmmmmm...taste onolicious!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A cute one in a Breaking News item at http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4960 :

"Police arrested a burglary suspect who allegedly made himself at home at another man’s Wahiawa apartment.
            "Police said the man who lives in the apartment left for work at about 10 p.m. Wednesday and locked his apartment.
            "At about 8 p.m. the next morning a neighbor noticed another man inside the apartment. The neighbor called the resident who found out that the suspect showered, ate food and took clean clothes.
            "Police arrested the 41-year-old man, who has no local address, for investigation of first-degree burglary."

8 p.m. the next morning? Cute! Pau hana Friday.
            We all make misteaks. No biggie.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The Advertiser's Jerry Burris kindly pointed out a bit of a goof in the Star-Bulletin -- specifically, the huge insert intended to help voters get informed about the many voter initiatives coming up on the General Election ballot. It was informative, as Burris notes... but it said to vote on November 4, not November 7.

Fortunately, the Bulletin caught it early enough to include an additional insert with a correction.

I wonder if the error was part of what the state submitted, or came from the Bulletin?

I'd have a look myself, but we canceled our subscription. Shh!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                The Advertiser's Jerry Burris kindly pointed out a bit of a goof in the Star-Bulletin -- specifically, the huge insert intended to help voters get informed about the many voter initiatives coming up on the General Election ballot. It was informative, as Burris notes... but it said to vote on November 4, not November 7.

Fortunately, the Bulletin caught it early enough to include an additional insert with a correction.

I wonder if the error was part of what the state submitted, or came from the Bulletin?
                It was submitted by the state and verified by the state as correct, as Burris almost certainly knew. By the time someone at the S-B noticed the error, it was too late to fix, so we ran a correction, which was published the same day.

On an unrelated note, I think it's pretty funny that the guy who started this thread about Star-Bullein mistakes put an apostrophe in "boo boos." Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                  On an unrelated note, I think it's pretty funny that the guy who started this thread about Star-Bullein mistakes put an apostrophe in "boo boos." Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones!
                  Maybe we feel possessive about our boo boos!
                  Burl Burlingame
                  "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                  honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                    Maybe we feel possessive about our boo boos!
                    Do you also get possessive about your "boo's"? (Or perhaps, while the pronunciation is accurate, the spelling should be different? Think about it. But not too hard. Have a drink while you do, and you will be enlightened.)

Comment

Re: Star-Bulletin Boo-Boo's

Another cute manini sorta boo-boo in a story at this link. The story's headline says:

Counties spend $397K on disabled placards

And of course my first thought was "What happened to the placards to make them disabled?"

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        And of course my first thought was "What happened to the placards to make them disabled?"
                        Someone told 'em to "get bent."

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          Another cute manini sorta boo-boo in a story at this link.
                          The only "boo-boo" was in your reading of the headline. Makes sense to me.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Someone told 'em to "get bent."
                          Another sad attempt at humor. All it's doing is bloating your post count.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                            The only "boo-boo" was in your reading of the headline. Makes sense to me.

Another sad attempt at humor. All it's doing is bloating your post count.
                            I agree with you....but then I am also trying to bloat my post count.

Comment

I believe not running this shot long enough to show off this guy's, ahem, board shorts is a Star-Bulletin booboo. Big time.
                              Last edited by lavagal; January 15, 2008, 02:06 PM.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                                I believe not running this shot long enough to show off this guy's, ahem, board shorts is a Star-Bulletin booboo. Big time.
                                Indeed! One has to wonder if they would've cropped a photo of an attractive female surfer at the same level. SB folks?

Comment

Working...
                                X