Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV Series that haven't been released to DVD but should be?

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    He had a self-deprecating sense of humor while playing an action hero. The 80's had those 'tache tv action heroes with Tom Selleck being the biggest star. Other male action stars were called a poor man's Burt Reynolds.
    One actor compared to Selleck in looks and also had the mustache was Lee Horsley who during the 80's had 3 series on the air: NERO WOLFE, MATT HOUSTON and PARADISE, I watched them all and met Horsley when he was doing the last series, really nice guy! I think he also had a short-lived series filmed on either Maui or Big Island about 10 years ago??

Anyways I digress, I would like to see MATT HOUSTON on DVD!! My favorite episode is when Max Baer, Jr., Buddy Ebsen and Lee's characters worked together in a 2 part episode rescuing a POW from Vietnam.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Another famously failed revivial was Redd Foxx's Sanford. (This is not to be confused with the absolutely dreadful Sanford Arms.) Three years after the original Sanford & Son went off the air, Foxx reprised his role as the cantankerous junkyard owner..... but this time, without Lamont (Demond Wilson).
      I just remembered an episode of SANFORD & SON filmed in Honolulu that Don Ho had a cameo in. I just bought Demond Wilson's book SECOND BANANA about his days working with Redd Foxx, I'm looking forward to reading it!

The last thing I remember seeing Demond in was the ODD COUPLE revival series on ABC with Ron Glass. I doubt that show will be on DVD, but I sort of liked the show.

I'd be surprised if JOANIE LOVES CHACHI or ANGIE get DVD releases, but a show like BRET MAVERICK might have a decent shot.

Aj

Comment

Is there a boxed set of just popular opening tv themes? I had a cassette of Mike Post's tv themes music.

Comment

Is there a boxed set of just popular opening tv themes? I had a cassette of Mike Post's tv themes music.
          There were the seven volumes released by TVT (TeeVee Tunes) Records, titled "Television's Greatest Hits." Out-of-print, but very easy to find.

Comment

At this time the UPN series Homeboys in Outer Space hasn't been released on DVD.

Comment

I have Vols. 1-3 of the TV themes on CD.

Comment

Does any tv series have lyrics in their themes anymore? Friends had one, but I think it was a prepackaged pop song.

Comment

Does any tv series have lyrics in their themes anymore? Friends had one, but I think it was a prepackaged pop song.
                  There have been numerous theme songs with lyrics. Some TV series have utilzed existing pop tunes: Welcome Back, Kotter (Welcome Back); Courtship of Eddie's Father (Best Friend); Happy Days (Rock Around the Clock); Medic (instrumental of Blue Star, a song which did have a vocal rendition). Secret Agent (Secret Agent Man); Danny Thomas Show (Danny Boy).

Mary Tyler Moore Show (Love is All Around); That Girl (originally an instrumental, lyrics were later added); Gilligan's Island; Car 54, Where Are You; Patty Duke Show; Have Gun Will Travel (Ballad of Paladin); Beverly Hillbillies; Petticoat Junction; Wendy and Me; Baretta (Keep Your Eye on the Sparrow); Addams Family.

There are more, like Cheers, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                    There have been numerous theme songs with lyrics. Some TV series have utilzed existing pop tunes: Welcome Back, Kotter (Welcome Back);
                    Actually, Welcome Back (the song) was written by John Sebastian for the show, Welcome Back, Kotter. Prior to that, there was no record of the song. After the show aired, the song became so popular in its own right that Sebastian released a longer version of it on record.

This was also the case with Happy Days (the Pratt & McClain song initially used as the closing theme of Happy Days) and I'll Be There For You (the Rembrandts song used as the theme of Friends), where the TV use of the song preceded its appearance on record.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      I'll Be There For You (the Rembrandts song used as the theme of Friends), where the TV use of the song preceded its appearance on record.
                      And before the Rembrandts recorded it, it was offered to They Might Be Giants and R.E.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        And before the Rembrandts recorded it, it was offered to They Might Be Giants and R.E.M.
                        Would they do the hand clap in their versions?

Comment

The Beatles animated cartoon series. Because of the rights on the songs, I'm sure it will never be officially issued on DVD (that, and The Beatles themselves thought it sucked).

Comment

• Re: TV Series You NEED to Get on DVD

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                            It just came out last week.

Comment

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/twin-peaks...160003476.html

Wrapped in plastic.

Comment

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...160751499.html

Throw away your 7th Heaven DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                                X