X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Noisy Neighbors

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    am I the only one who noticed that Susie posted about being attacked?[...]
    I'm reading this thread for the first time since it was bumped and I was thinking the same thing, Fran. I was going to mention it 'til I came across your reply.
    Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    [...]the story isn't finished, yet, as I will be going over to the Gendarmes later today to file a complaint.
    [...]
    I've got a good welt across my face.
    Susie, take a digital photo of the welt just in case it's healing process changes it's appearance before you file your complaint. Hmmm...with the time difference you might've already filed it. I truly hope your neighbors don't get away with their act of violence. Thank goodness the violence didn't escalate into something much, much worse.

Comment

Susie! Good on you for talking calmly after getting whapped. I don't think I would have had that kind of restraint.

Now didja go to the gendarmes?

Comment

If the officials aren't gona' help, maybe there is a Mr. Susie that needs to visit the neighbors?
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

There is absolutely no excuse for any physical violence on the part of the adults. Hopefully, the police were called to address this.

As far as the screaming child is concerned, that is a much more complex issue. If a child exhibits extreme behavioral disorder/abnormality due to autism, you can't simply tell the child to be quiet and to settle down if he/she is in one of those hyperactive spells. While I was not there to witness the event that you described, it is important to note who was initiating the boisterous activity. If it is the child who suddenly starts the screaming or wants to physically run around and play ball rather than be confined to an indoor environment, it can be a tough situation for the parents/caregiver. I've seen an autistic kid who was wide awake at 9 pm and suddenly wanted to go to the park to toss a ball. When his mom said no, the kid started throwing things in the house. It wasn't malicious and he wasn't trying to hurt anybody. The kid just wanted to work off his energy and didn't grasp the concept that it was too late to go to the park. In that kind of situation, such families may be more in need of compassion rather than scorn.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Ummm...Frankie...

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            I kept hearing a kid screaming, so I went outside to see what was going on. Just down the street (right next to Joe the Gendarme), there was a couple of drunks playing ball outside with a little kid of about four or five. So I asked them nicely if thy couldn't play indoors, as we couldn't sleep and had to get up for school at seven.

Wow. They all came at me at started yelling, and then two women came out of the house and yelled some more. Seems the kid is autistic and just yells like that. Seems the parents and friends are drunks who think it's funny.
            The kid was a source of drunken amusement.

Bleeding drunks would have been amusing to me.

Comment

Susie... If they hit you, that's battery. And battery is a crime.

I hope the cops take appropriate action. Next time it might be worse. Who knows? And if they were drinking outside of their yard there might be a public drunkenness charge in there, too. But since the cops weren't present at the time, they might not be able to charge them with that.

Comment

Susie - I hope the gendarmes were able to help you and get charges filed. Assault is assualt, regardless of what country it occurs in.

For the rest of us making suggestions - we all need to remember that Susie is in a unique situation - she lives in a small village in France, and on her own. Their laws & customs (and attitudes) may be much different than ours. Hopefully, the police there will look at this situation the same way we do. We, as her HT friends just need to continue to give her our support and affection.

Susie - again, I hope you are OK and things will be worked out for you.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                  For the rest of us making suggestions - we all need to remember that Susie is in a unique situation - she lives in a small village in France, and on her own.
                  From the sound of things, I thought she was somewhere in Kalihi and "gendarmes" was just slang for "cops".

Perhaps she can remind her neighbors that America led the allies in driving the Nazis out of their country and all she's asking for is a bit of polite consideration?

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                    Ummm...Frankie...

The kid was a source of drunken amusement.

Bleeding drunks would have been amusing to me.
                    Ummmm.... Peshkwe... Were you there to witness the event? As I alluded to in my previous post, sometimes it is the autistic child who desires and initiates the physical activity/playtime. Just because the adults happened to be drunk doesn't mean that they aren't, in fact, humoring and interacting with the child.

Now maybe you are right. Maybe the drunk adults used the child as a source of perverse amusement and mockery. But based strictly on what Susie wrote instead of making assumptions, one can't say for sure.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

susie i hope you are okay
                      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                        From the sound of things, I thought she was somewhere in Kalihi and "gendarmes" was just slang for "cops".
                        ....................giggles

on a serious note - susie i hope you are okay
                        Last edited by Seeking Penance; February 10, 2009, 08:18 PM. Reason: really where is the compassion
                        stay forever young

Comment

I can't get through to Susie to send her my number. I am only an hour or so away from her, speak fluent French and dislike gendarmes.
                          I could be in a hotel near to her and lend her support, yet it says "Susies box is full and can't accept any messages."
                          Despite asking Admin about this ,,,, I have had no reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            I can't get through to Susie to send her my number. I am only an hour or so away from her, speak fluent French and dislike gendarmes.
                            I could be in a hotel near to her and lend her support, yet it says "Susies box is full and can't accept any messages."
                            Despite asking Admin about this ,,,, I have had no reply.
                            Oops! Sorry about that....I'll get right to it and empty that mailbox.

Hotel?! I have a better idea....
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post

Perhaps she can remind her neighbors that America led the allies in driving the Nazis out of their country and all she's asking for is a bit of polite consideration?
                              You have to live here to be able to find your post funny. Well, sorta funny.

Anytime you try to tell a frog (or a Brit, for that matter...ask Barry) that the US saved their asses during the war, they'll just tell you that the Americans only sat on the fence throughout and came in at the last minute just because of Pearl Harbour. They can get quite insulted about this whole issue, so I've stopped mentioning it.
                              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't want to be involed in the above conversation.

Suffice to say that I was a Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy. It was my priviledge to serve along with your Seals. After our S.B.S they are the bravest people. My time spent in Pearl Harbour was superb but didn't get enough R & R. The Royal Navy work you to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X