Noisy Neighbors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Noisy Neighbors

Sorry I can't help you. Sadly they have made it ilegal to shoot horrible neighbours over here.

Whoever dreams up these laws should be shot themselves.

Our magistrates do not need any qualifications and can join planning committees,,, etc when they are 18 yrs old. We call them 'Our City Fathers?'

Let's get real folks. How can a kid of that age be expected to take on the responsibility for having rows of lovely terraced houses pulled down ( incidentally, many of those houses have survived two world wars and some of the inhabitants have returned from the Pearl Harbour disaster and more horrors).

Yer fellers, we've got a vigilante team here. Not just for our old folks but for everyone. This leaves the police to sit in their offices, behind their PC's and count paper clips.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      Does anyone know what the law is regarding excessive noise? My neighbors blast their music regularly as if the entire neighborhood and surrounding ones too would want to hear their music.
      Been having this problem a few months now.... At first, it was only happening once a week. And while it was every bit as annoying as it is now...I figured once a week isn't too terrible. And well..they seem to be under the impression that everyone in their vicinity wants to hear their crappy truck stereo's bass booming for 2 or more hours straight every afternoon now that school is out and the oldest boy now has his own truck. I pretty much dread 2 PM - 8 PM now. Last night they gave us a bonus of burning out their trucks in front of our house while blasting the music.

The funny part is that some boy who is over all day long yet doesn't even live there is the main culprit of this lately, yet the adults in the residence find it perfectly fine that the music is the most obnoxious thing in the world and that it's so loud, it shakes the walls and jalousie glass on our windows. The father also is guilty of this sometimes as well so they don't care what their kids do. That's a problem in itself already. I've watched these kids grow up into an army of inconsiderate tyrants pretty much.

They are really irritating about how they play it too, they turn the volume low and high constantly, as if they know it's driving people nuts and they just want to tease us with minutes of silence before going right back to noise. One minute all I hear is an annoying low constant bass beat "in the distance," then I hear music so loud ear plugs can't help. And I swear it's like they play the same three songs every day, because it's always the exact same damn beat. The best time was when they decided everyone wanted to hear some football game, they played the game so loud I couldn't even hear my own TV which was at like...vol. 50 just so I could make out what was going on. Usually I never have to put it above 15-20.

It's already highly annoying on its own but it's worse now because they are playing the music at times when I am asleep because I work part-time at night (driving me so nuts I could literally and have just screech into my pillow...) and at times in the afternoon when everyone else is coming home from a long day of work and they just want to relax and have some freaking peace and quiet...instead, gotta listen to the neighbor's same three songs for hours.

I've asked my parents about calling the cops (because talking to them has definitely not worked) but for whatever reason, neither of my parents will because of things like "it's day time, they can't do anything" or just plain "the cops won't do anything." The thing that gets me the most is why the other neighbors don't ask them to turn it down. The house on the other side has two families in a duplex and their house is even closer than our's, plus they have young children and a few older Chinese people upstairs from what I saw. I don't know how this crap isn't bothering them enough for them to complain or something. I think one of the people is a former cop, in fact.

Mostly just had to vent, because this is really driving me quite insane lately. I think if I hear anything today, I'm just going to call the cops already.
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Kupomog, have you spoken with other neighbors about this problem? If enough people are bothered possibly a neighborhood meeting with the police present to see and hear the number of people who are affected might help. Just a thought...

Comment

another option is to attend your neighborhood board's monthly meeting. you can make a complaint in writing while there using one of the forms they provide. no one else but the board members will know, and they will relay your concern to the police (who come to the meetings to share stats on crime), who will then have to pay a visit to the offending home and report back to the board as to the action taken.

we made use of this option last month regarding the owners who allow their dog to bark incessantly at all hours by our bedroom window. HPD observed the home for a bit, then visited the owners within two weeks of our complaint to the neighborhood board. they left a message on our phone saying the owners apologized and were looking into getting anti-barking collars for their dogs. we'll see how it goes. i'd prefer they take their dogs on long walks. border collies and retrievers are active dogs that need exercise daily--they'd be less neurotic if they weren't cooped up all the time.

can't attend a meeting? send an email to your neighborhood board's chairperson, detailing your complaint.
          Last edited by cynsaligia; May 21, 2009, 09:12 AM.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

the police should be called. there are noise level (decibel level) regulations that are being violated. and the regulations do apply during daylight hours. the only problem is that you have to get the police there while the noise is going on so they can measure the decibels. some, if not all, police cars carry the meters in their cars. unless the police actually hear/see for themselves, they can't do anything about these "nusiance" matters.

talking to the other neighbors is good - the more of you who complain will certainly get HPD's attention.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response first to anapuni808. he did and the young ukind son when his father isnt around,he the unkind young son still rev's it his father's car in our neighborhood and he did it a few minute's ago and no one which would be our elder neighbor's at this time may not know who's doing it only their are a few who know's and they told the unkind young son to stop only he wont,

and in response to kupomog,sorry if my spelling on your name is incorrect only i've had this same problem with our unkind young neighbor who is the son of our unkind neighbor who's the father and this unkind young neighbor who's the son doesnt care if he's caught by the guy's with the unmarked car's and he believe's like his father that he's able to do what he feel's so i understand and i do sympathize with you.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by kupomog View Post
                I don't know how this crap isn't bothering them enough for them to complain or something. I think one of the people is a former cop, in fact.
                Mostly just had to vent, because this is really driving me quite insane lately. I think if I hear anything today, I'm just going to call the cops already.
                People don't want to be confrontational and don't really know how to approach the situation without worrying about retribution or even violence.

Here's an idea that you can take to the parents of the property where the noise is coming from: "I've heard that the neighbors are getting ready to go the neighborhood board and the police about the noisy music. I don't know any of the details, but if these kids want to listen to their music then maybe they could find somewhere else to do it without the police being on our street every day."
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

oh right - blame the other neighbors so any upset/anger/retribution is directed at them, not him. that is just really uncool. the best action is simply to call the police. the loud music is illegal.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I don't know why I am but I'm going to give this another few days, and if nothing changes, I'll be talking to some people and I might give that neighborhood board thing a try. Today was a good day, no music! I think Nords was pretty much right about people not wanting to be confrontational or having the neighbors know exactly who it was that complained..kind of awkward. The Chiense family is quiet and they were recently burglarized so I think they're just trying to keep to themselves as much as possible... But again, thanks everybody!
                    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                      oh right - blame the other neighbors so any upset/anger/retribution is directed at them, not him. that is just really uncool. the best action is simply to call the police. the loud music is illegal.
                      Apparently you've had more success with the police than I have. Good luck with that.
                      Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                      Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                      We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                      Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

for another noise problem, yes - they were very helpful.
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                          we made use of this option last month regarding the owners who allow their dog to bark incessantly at all hours by our bedroom window. HPD observed the home for a bit, then visited the owners within two weeks of our complaint to the neighborhood board. they left a message on our phone saying the owners apologized and were looking into getting anti-barking collars for their dogs. we'll see how it goes. i'd prefer they take their dogs on long walks. border collies and retrievers are active dogs that need exercise daily--they'd be less neurotic if they weren't cooped up all the time.
                          Yep, especially to your last sentence. Constantly barking dogs are clearly the fault of neglectful owners. Hopefully, your neighbors will do "the right thing" by exercising their pets, giving them adequate attention, properly training them, and see if those methods curtail the barking problem. Those collars that give off electrical shocks or citronella sprays whenever a dog barks should only be a last resort when all else fails. If they use those tools as a first-line solution,.... well, it makes you wonder why those owners bought their dogs in the first place.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hi,we have our unkind neighbor's one who's the father and the other is his unkind younger son and imoho,i beleive they may have a chop shop and it's when the car's that either they own or may have taken from someone that they chop the car up and use the good part's to modify their car's at their home and at time's,it bother's me is this isnt right.

also on speeding,i notified our dot and they shared with me that they'll look in on our speeding matter and if thing's are as i've shared with them,we may have a speed bump put in,only not sure so this part is up in the air.

our unkind neighbor's are the one's that either give me a stress headache or cause's my bp to go a bit high without myself knowing it.

Comment

WTH? What are you talking about Willis?

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                                hi,we have our unkind neighbor's one who's the father and the other is his unkind younger son and imoho,i beleive they may have a chop shop and it's when the car's that either they own or may have taken from someone that they chop the car up and use the good part's to modify their car's at their home and at time's,it bother's me is this isnt right.

also on speeding,i notified our dot and they shared with me that they'll look in on our speeding matter and if thing's are as i've shared with them,we may have a speed bump put in,only not sure so this part is up in the air.

our unkind neighbor's are the one's that either give me a stress headache or cause's my bp to go a bit high without myself knowing it.

I hope they shut down their chop shop! I can't imagine trying to live next door to one. That would drive me nuts too!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X