Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid tattoos...

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    Originally it was a Tokin' tatt, then a church tatt and now a "Menehune Man" tatt. Oh boy...
    Why's he peeing a river?
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
      Why? Any special reason he is forbidding it? (I understand the little sister one.)
      I think because he has seen and done a lot of them that are really stupid. He is covered in ones he did as a kid, and I'm sure he regrets a lot of them. Little sister is an artist too, and turned 20 this week... she's drawn the one she'd like to have (I haven't seen it yet), but I know that she would rather have her big brother do it, than a stranger.

Yes, tattoos are forever, until you laser them or get a cover-up.

Comment

Johnny Depp had a tattoo of Winona Forever in honor of Winona Ryder. How's that working out?

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
          Why's he peeing a river?
          I had the same thought.

Comment

I've got a tattoo on my chest. I was hit by a piece of flying hot metal during the Falklands war.
            Despite grafts, if I went out into the sun, it swelled up ! Who wants to be a man with 3 boobies?

I had a tattoo of a Butterfly put over the scar. It works as a sun deterent.
            I proudly showed my buuterfly off to my family and they all said,,,,

"What's that mosquito doing on yer chest ?"

Comment

Originally posted by LonLeroux View Post
              Too right. My Aunt Michell made the mistake of getting a little Tigger on her ankle bone, and she never forgot that pain.
              I think she's some sort of Saint of Bad Tattoos. Her first one ever was a tribute to her boyfriend whose name was Billy Meadows. She got his initials tattooed on the space between her thumb and her index finger.
              Two weeks later, they broke up...but she still has "BM" on her hand.
              If it's her left hand, she could say it was for 'bowel movement'...
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                Yes, tattoos are forever, until you laser them or get a cover-up.
                I know a guy in New York who made his fortune from medical lasers. He'd get bank loans to buy the variety of machines that local doctors used, and then he'd trailer them to the doctor's office for "laser surgery day" or "laser tattoo removal day". He'd take care of setup, operation, & repairs, leaving the doctors free to concentrate on patients. Hospitals generally didn't get involved and the doctors didn't want to have to take care of their own equipment, so he had more business than he could handle.

He said his real $$ epiphany came when he realized that he wasn't required to be a medical doctor to remove tattoos. He started opening his own tattoo-removal clinic on weekends, which proved very popular after Friday nights. A lot of his business came through referrals of sober disgruntled patrons by local tattoo artists.

Two years ago, in his early 50s, he turned the business over to his daughter and retired.
                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                  I know a guy in New York who made his fortune from medical lasers.

He said his real $$ epiphany came when he realized that he wasn't required to be a medical doctor to remove tattoos.

Two years ago, in his early 50s, he turned the business over to his daughter and retired.
                  Here in California, the laser removal must be under a doctor's supervision. My boy bought the machine, but now has the expense of finding said doctor to assist with the legal operation of it... still, it is a lucrative business, and gives one the opportunity to afford repair of a bad decision. I'm not sure if I'd let him practice on me yet. We'll see...

Comment

Dredging up an old thread....

Originally posted by Bobinator
                    Another thing, if you're Christian, you shouldn't be getting tattoos. The Bible says not to do it.
                    First: I'd like to know, Bobinator, where in the bible it says tattoos are forbidden, and to whom? OT Jews or NT Christians or BM Mormons? Which Bible?

Next: Tattoos are only one form of permanent appearance modification, don't forget plastic surgery.

Tattoos are often a way of making a statement. In the military it was almost a rite of passage, and good for identification in case you were reduced to 'body parts.' (Yes, Sir, this is Sgt. XXXXX's arm - I recognize the tattoo.)

I've never regretted getting a tattoo, but have regretted what the tattoo was.... like my first wife's name....

All my other tattoos tell you about who I am and why; kinda like wearing a name badge that doesn't say "Elder."

Especially my last tattoo: a motorcycle chain around my ankle - to commemorate the ½ inch I lost on that leg to a motorcycle accident years ago.

Sure, tattoos are like wearing clothes, but instead of telling us who you are now, they tell us who you were and still are.

It's a good, healthy Polynesian tradition.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I've often thought about getting a tattoo. There's one that I want. It's pretty basic and may seem "girly", but it's very meaningful to me and is a play off my last name, which makes it even more special. It would be really small and I've wanted the same one for the last 10 years, so I don't think I'd regret it later. Having my married last name fit with it just made me want it even more.

My problem is where to put it. I will be working in an office environment and no tattoos allowed and do not want to have to buy bandages in bulk to cover it up. Having it on my back isn't my preference, b/c then I can't see it. I have too much scar tissue on my hip/waist area from previous surgeries to put it there. So all I can come up with is the bottom of my foot- no employer could see it there, but I could if I wanted to and people I was casual enough to be barefoot around would too. But wouldn't that come off quickly? And hurt?

So I haven't done it. Yet. But I still want it.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ked-three.html

Watch out what you ask for. Supposedly this girl asked for a few stars and got 56. Or, she asked for 56, and then changed her mind. (Read the story).

But, how can she be surprised at excessiveness, check out the tattoo artist.

Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                          But, how can she be surprised at excessiveness, check out the tattoo artist.
                          You would think that he'd show a little creativity-- shave his head (for more blank canvas) and make better use of the nose/eyebrow piercings to create more innovative eyewear...
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                            , check out the tattoo artist.

Is it male or female, I can't tell
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I think I am going to have nightmares about that guy. Yikes. It's not the tats so much as the piercings too. Allergies must be a bitch.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                                My problem is where to put it. I will be working in an office environment and no tattoos allowed and do not want to have to buy bandages in bulk to cover it up. Having it on my back isn't my preference, b/c then I can't see it. I have too much scar tissue on my hip/waist area from previous surgeries to put it there. So all I can come up with is the bottom of my foot- no employer could see it there, but I could if I wanted to and people I was casual enough to be barefoot around would too. But wouldn't that come off quickly? And hurt?

So I haven't done it. Yet. But I still want it.
                                That might tickle too much!

But think: women particularly have plenty of places to put a tattoo where their friends can see it but office-mates won't. A girlfriend of mine got a butterfly right along her bikini line - depending on the type of suit or underwear she chose it was there or covered. If that's not an option because of scar tissue, think higher up. On your breast or alongside, where it would be covered but optionally visible may be an option as well.

Be imaginative.
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X