Clear All

Re: Anybody Like Venture Bros?

No, you're wrong.
    (or should I say "your wrong")
    I DON'T "get stuff like south park".

Comment

but back to the orig. query.

yea. Didn't they do the Hawaii 5-0 theme song?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        but back to the orig. query.

yea. Didn't they do the Hawaii 5-0 theme song?
        But they weren't really brothers, you know - like the Doobies or the Righteous.

Comment

i didnt say south park was good. the first year was funny. now its all about pushing the limit and gross out factor. or maybe it always was, but now its tired.
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent
            to kimo, i dont know if your joking around or not. yeah, its cartoons and im a self professed geek. but in anime/cartoons they can do alot of things that live action cant. theres some good stories out there, dont be biased just because its an animation.
            When this thread was first made the author placed the thread in the Mixed Plate forum and not The Tube forum, this may have caused some confusion.

Comment

Tonight's episode (9/24) hinted that Dean and Hank's mom may have been a woman who used to protect Dr. Venture, assuming said woman wasn't making things up.

And the Monarch trying to be a really bad guy mistakes his accountant's office building as the secret hideout for Dr. Venture.

Comment

You have to hand to the people who make the The Venture Bros., they tend to parody other cartoon series by showing them as aged characters. Tonight's episode used the Scobby gang as adults, of course they had different names.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  You have to hand to the people who make the The Venture Bros., they tend to parody other cartoon series by showing them as aged characters. Tonight's episode used the Scobby gang as adults, of course they had different names.
                  Yes, that was hilarious... I like how Dr. Venture explains away the clones of themselves to his sons in such a silly nonchalant way.

Did you see Robot Chicken? I love that show... I think it's great that people my age (I'm 31) are finally making it into positions of power in media and can make fun of all those things we loved as kids.
                  QUAD Magazine - Urban music in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by FauxReal View Post
                    Did you see Robot Chicken? I love that show... I think it's great that people my age (I'm 31) are finally making it into positions of power in media and can make fun of all those things we loved as kids.
                    i think those guys at [adult swim] have the best jobs in television...they actually get to sit down and write a show like "squidbillies"...how do you get a gig like that?
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

As much as I am a fan of Robot Chicken there is another thread dedicated to that series. Please use that thread to discuss Robot Chicken there.

For here it's The Venture Bros. In any event last night's episode wasn't the first time that Dr. Orpheus has been confused as a vampire, plus add to the fact that Dr. Venture is mucking around with raising the dead and calling his latest invention Venturestein.

Comment

I'm surprised there was no comment from the "Groovy Doo" gang about Hank dressing just like Fred (/Groovy Fred analogue) from Scooby Doo.

Speaking of Dr. O. I think the episode comparing Dr. Orpheus' view of the afterlife with Dr. Venture's way of resurrecting the boys was a great one. I'm not sure what my favorite episode would be though. Hmmm... actually I think it would be the episode with the pirates "Ghosts of the Sargasso". The ghost of Major Tom appeared looking like that howling ghost from the Scooby Doo series. There were a ton of David Bowie references in that one. I laughed my @ss off the whole time.

BTW, the theme song is done by J. G. Thirlwill who is probably best known for his Foetus project. He's one of the best underappreciated artists out there.

Venture Bros. page on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Venture_Bros.
                        QUAD Magazine - Urban music in Hawaii.

Comment

I love Venture Bros! I got Season 1 on DVD and have watched it twice. There's a joke in almost every line, and I really liked the last two episodes of the second season (Showdown at Cremation Creek). Dr. Girlfriend is my favorite character, but I like Brock and the Monarch too.

Comment

the beau got me hooked on venture bros. has anyone seen the eppy where the two monarch minions start off dressed as normal folk and then they get the call so they start suiting up? they start "dunt-dunt-da-da-dunt"ing that piece by Holst ("Mars: The Bringer of War," I believe)? omg. that is such the most hilarious thing i have seen on a cartoon in a looooong time!

here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta822al5iM

btw, if you're an adult who is disdainful of all cartoons of all types...then, in my opinion, you're missing a beautiful, joyful piece of childlike soul, and life is truly tragic for you (with the tragedy being you not knowing what you're missing).

but then again, if you don't believe in souls in the first place, it may be no big.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
                              and BROC: ya name yerself after one o' the cartoon characters. The dumbest one!?

i believe the voice of brock is also the voice of the joe swanson in family guy and the tick in the tick (one of my most favorite-est toon characters ever...how can i NOT adore that tight blue butt??!! *sigh*).
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                                has anyone seen the eppy where the two monarch minions start off dressed as normal folk and then they get the call so they start suiting up?
                                Ah yes hencemen #21 and #24. Have to admire #21's collection of toys.

Comment

Working...
                                X