Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exteme Makeover Home Edition, HERE~~

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    eh, didnt mean to insinuate that ppl living in kalihi were not cool. im not familiar with the show, but have read the comments here.
    No problem! I was just trying to enlighten people to Kalihi Valley and that it's a hidden treasure, not a ghetto!

Comment

Tutusue, I stand, err sit corrected! you got that right that if they haven't notified the family then it would be wrong. I meant after the fact and during the building it wouldn't be, but then I didn't understand how they notify them, either.

We dig the show a lot and yet it sounds so fake when they say they are surprising the family, yet they always are up and all dressed early in the morn, all present and accounted for, etc. After I started the thread here I found an old article at the Star bulletin about Hawaii having been chosen, and how they do it.

They accept written applications, then choose a pool of people from those apps. from the chosen state, then they send people to that state to make the videos for their own producers, take them back and the family is chosen. however, they don't phone and tell them, but they tell a pool of the most deserving that they are among the pool, IF I got it right, so I guess this keeps them all at home and waiting for the knock on that Monday, and the one family supposedly really IS surprised.

Mufi said he knows what area of the island it is but that he of course ain't talkin. He said that on KSSK Friday. Heck, I don't want to spoil that family's surprise of course! I just want to know what community the traffic and excitement's about to happen in. surely by Monday night it'll be all over the news, and with KSSK's rockin posse, I bet someone will spot that bus....by the way, how will they have the bus here? Matson? a borrowed bus? LOL.....

the Hawaii show is indeed their season opener next Sept. Bring it on! I'm ready for cooler weather already.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
        Tutusue, I stand, err sit corrected! you got that right that if they haven't notified the family then it would be wrong. I meant after the fact and during the building it wouldn't be[...]
        Discussion at that point is fine and, hopefully, we'll get many reports from HTers! We can also discuss the show now, 'cept there isn't much to discuss!!! Maybe there'll be a cast member (or 2) sighting prior to the door knock! Does Ty surf?!

I'm curious to find out if there is any "remodel support" after the week of construction. That is, if detail work that's not integral to the reveal gets done after the fact or if the homeowners are on their own at that point.

I'm hoping the reveal doesn't take place on my moving day 'cuz I wanna see it...live...with a box of Kleenex in hand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Discussion at that point is fine and, hopefully, we'll get many reports from HTers! We can also discuss the show now, 'cept there isn't much to discuss!!! Maybe there'll be a cast member (or 2) sighting prior to the door knock! Does Ty surf?!
          I saw him on one of the evening news casts last night participating in the Access Surf event. I don't remember which station I was watching, but they plastered his name across the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
            I saw him on one of the evening news casts last night participating in the Access Surf event. I don't remember which station I was watching, but they plastered his name across the bottom of the screen.
            Is that a local event?

Comment

I saw Tye, too!, First from a distance cuz he was out with the surf then up close and recognizable. It was on KGMB's ten PM news. Maybe they have a video of it at their website, or are they the only tv news that doesn't provide news videos? can't recall but one doesn't and I think the others do.

How many Sears are there on island? I only use the one at Pearlridge. Let's all go shop Sears this week. The one I want to have a sighting of and maybe hug his neck is Michael. Well, I dig all of the guys on that show but Michael has this huge smile and reminds me of some guy from highschool.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                Is that a local event?
                Aha! Found it here. Very cool.

Comment

No problem! I was just trying to enlighten people to Kalihi Valley and that it's a hidden treasure, not a ghetto!
                  an besides if they was to do it in da ghetto of kalihi they'd have to fight of Rats the size of small poodles LOL I know I remembah big dang things down there.... survivor of Puuhale rd.... LOL
                  Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

I, for one, hope the home is in Kalihi Valley rather than the west side or north shore. I don't have much gawking time between remodeling and packing so I'm hoping for a short drive! How selfish is that?

Comment

Good luck getting near enough to see it and I don't mean that smarty like, I am sincere. I suspect that the HPD that love to close off roads will make sure most of us don't even get a peek.

I dunno why but I keep thinking it's probably really rural like Waimanalo area, and yet don't have a solid clue. Why hasn't someone posted about it that drove past it or heard about it? Darnit.....

Comment

I heard it was gonna be some house on Hawaii Loa Ridge.

Comment

Good luck getting near enough to see it and I don't mean that smarty like, I am sincere. I suspect that the HPD that love to close off roads will make sure most of us don't even get a peek.
                          Maybe yes...then, again, maybe no.
                          I dunno why but I keep thinking it's probably really rural like Waimanalo area, and yet don't have a solid clue. Why hasn't someone posted about it that drove past it or heard about it? Darnit.....
                          See post #11 in this thread.

Comment

Thanks, gal and I now suspect that I misunderstood the mayor. I heard him speak about it last week on KSSK and I really strongly thought I recalled him saying Monday. Hmmm....watching, listening....

Meanwhile, I hope your move goes very well for you. Aloha huggz~

Comment

Thanks, gal and I now suspect that I misunderstood the mayor. I heard him speak about it last week on KSSK and I really strongly thought I recalled him saying Monday. Hmmm....watching, listening....[...]
                              Keep in mind there are probably lotsa stories floating around...intentionally, I'd guess.

Wow! It's been decades since I've been referred to as "gal". My avatar proves that!

Comment

I guess it's happened by now, but here's a story about it in today's Advertiser.
                                No news yet on who or where, but.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X