Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MyBlogLog is my new most favorite thing. Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyBlogLog is my new most favorite thing. Ever.

It's a community. For bloggers. And readers. To socialize. Could it be the most perfect thing on the internet? *sigh* I'm in website-love....

From the site:
    "MyBlogLog is launching this new Communities service to empower authors and readers to operate at the same level. For the first time, everyone who reads a web site or blog can learn about and engage with one another, and in the process take the conversation to a whole new level.

Readers can become friends with other people who read your favorite blogs. See what else they're reading. Check out their MySpace and Friendster profiles and view their Flickr photostreams. Authors can learn more about their readers individually and as a group. What do they like and what are they ignoring? What are they reading elsewhere on the Web?"

It's lurk-a-riffic if you ask me. I'm on there. Ryan? Auntie? Tell me what you think? Fellow bloggers? Anyone? To me it's the best thing I've seen this week..... and I see a LOT

if you sign up add me!
    life is ok sometimes

Re: MyBlogLog is my new most favorite thing. Ever.

Maybe its the small lunch I ate, but what's the purpose of this site? Is it to track your visitors reading your blog?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

from what i've gathered it's a way to interact with bloggers AND their readers.

for instance-- i read techcrunch every morning. now i know that flo does too. a quick look at flo's page and i see 5 more tech-related blogs that she reads that i didn't even know about. as well as other things flo does like skype/flickr/myspace if i'm in stalking mode.

might be too overwhelming for some but i'll say that i have a feeling this will catch on.
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post

might be too overwhelming for some but i'll say that i have a feeling this will catch on.
        Around September 2003, I had that same feeling about MySpace and look where it's at now.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

RAD!!! man that was the coolest time ever. it seemed like all of a sudden everyone in hawaii between the ages of 21 and 35 knew each other, lol.
          life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            Around September 2003, I had that same feeling about MySpace and look where it's at now.
            So you mean there'll be sexual predators, illegal music sharing, and viruses running rampant on blogs?
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
              So you mean there'll be sexual predators, illegal music sharing, and viruses running rampant on blogs?
              I don't know about the latter two, but since 2002 I've already had my share of the first one.

ETA: It doesn't look like I can add the tracking counter to my journal because Javascript doesn't work on LiveJournal. If there's a way to do so and I'm just stupid because I can't find the instructions, someone let me know. THANKS.
              Last edited by Lei Liko; December 7, 2006, 12:46 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                YUP!

but maybe not? it's a mystery!
                life is ok sometimes

Comment

Ok...I'm missing something here! Between email, HT, a job and a small condo to keep clean, I don't have time to read other forums, blogs, bloglogs, myspace, whatever. Where do all you youngsters find the time? Ol' inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

The first time I heard about MyBlogLog was a couple of weeks ago when there were breathless rumors that Yahoo! was going to buy it out. I haven't tried it out yet, but given Christa's recommendation, and since Christa at least tried Twitter, I'll poke around soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      I haven't tried it out yet, but given Christa's recommendation, and since Christa at least tried Twitter, I'll poke around soon.
                      yup! i'll try anything if it's tech/internet related!
                      life is ok sometimes

Comment

Fascinating. MyBlogLog is clearly geared toward communities that develop around blogs... but hey, HawaiiThreads.com has an RSS feed that tracks latests posts like a blog, so what would happen if there were a HawaiiThreads.com community there?

Anyway, here I am. Man, I've got so many blogs in my Google Reader list. Sure wish there was a way to auto-add them to MyBlogLog via OPML or something.
                        Last edited by pzarquon; December 7, 2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Hey Ryan I have a quick question..

Where am I supposed to put that link tracking code?

To get started, add the code below to your blog template in between the OPEN body (<body>) tag and the CLOSE body (</body>) tag and republish. The optimal place is just after the OPEN body (<body>) tag. Tracking will begin immediately after the code has been added to your blog.

They give me those directions but I have no idea what the heck they're talking about. Is this site only geared to certain blog types or will other platforms like LJ be supported as well?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                            hey, HawaiiThreads.com has an RSS feed that tracks latests posts like a blog, so what would happen if there were a HawaiiThreads.com community there?
                            EXACTLY why i love it! SEE! i finally found my place in my non-rss-feed-having-website authoring world!

*sigh* lovelovelvoelveolveovlevoelvoevovelovelveo
                            life is ok sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              Where am I supposed to put that link tracking code?
                              Lei Liko, based on those instructions, it seems like you can put that code anywhere in your page. Provided you can edit the template behind your site or blog, regardless of platform, you should be able to just drop it in there. There are HTML, TITLE, BODY, and other tags in all basic HTML documents.

It looks like there are system/platform specific instructions as well.

Interesting stuff. I've received an enthusiastic MyBlogLog message from Christa already! I suppose it is interesting to see who reads what sites, and to find other interesting sites they read. Especially since most blogs don't have their own user/profile system.

It's also interesting that listed sites are apparently designed to be administrated by their actual authors on the MyBlogLog system. In other words, people should add only sites they actually control. Since there's no Metafilter community, for example, I can only imagine that Matt hasn't or won't set one up. But what stops hoards of Metafilter users from creating their own?

Comment

Working...
                              X