Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Birthers and Tea Partiers ("The Angry White Man" of 1994 again) are now the nucleus of the Republican Party, which is poised to take control of Congress in November.
    Interesting you should mention Congress. In the latest loss to be added to Orly Taitz’ mounting losing streak, U.S. District Judge David O. Carter calls his dismissal of her “birther” case his patriotic duty. He writes in his opinion that only Congress has the authority to remove a sitting president for any reason. I’m not a lawyer, but that seems like a message Taitz would do well to meditate over. Is this a crusade with actual goals, or an extended “birther” publicity stunt?

Birther Orly Taitz's Lawsuit Dismissed

Copyright ©2010 CBS Interactive Inc.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

It might seem incredible that a Republican controlled congress could remove a legitimate elected Democratic President but...we must remember the absolute nonsense against President Clinton which had exactly that purpose. We should also remember the recall of Democratic Governor Davis of California for no reason at all except that the Texas Republican owned radio industry succeeded in blaming him in the public mind for the electricity deregulation disaster that Republicans created.

On another note, it should be its own thread actually...did you see where former Gov. Palin was caught with crib notes written on the palm of her hand to remind her to tell Tea Partiers she would lower taxes and put God (her god, that is) in control in DC...What a remarkable, truly remarkable light weight she is. How astoundingly shallow, how easily manipulated, are her admirers. Really, its quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        On another note, it should be its own thread actually...did you see where former Gov. Palin was caught with crib notes?
        Been there, was there - http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=18073
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          Bob - the fact that Obama hasn't lifted a finger to disprove these doubts is also evidence that he has nothing to prove.

... Or an awful lot.

BTW - do YOU have a "long form" birth certificate (if you were born here that is)?
          Not sure. I'm checking on the one I have at home. At any rate, I wouldn't spend $3 Million to hide it and all my other records from my constituents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            Not sure. I'm checking on the one I have at home.
            Come on, Bob! What kind of answer is "not sure"??? How can you be "not sure" of such an important document? What are you trying to hide? America DEMANDS an answer! We're tired of waiting! America - where is Bobinator really from? Looks to me that he's an illegal immigrant from Evasive-stan! Give us the truth, Bob - the truth that we already know to be the truth - the truth that is only the truth that we want to hear!!!

Comment

Tom Tancredo at the TeaParty convention called for "literacy tests" for non-white voters. Perhaps in addition to providing birth certificates?
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I don't care what sort of birth certificate Bobinator coughs up. It will never satisfy the issue — because facts don't matter, keeping the issue alive is what matters.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

BTW, the issue is not whether Bobinator or anyone else has a "long form" birth certificate at home. The issue is whether he or anyone else can get the state to give them one now. The form of birth certificate in Hawaii has changed over the years. Some of the information that may have been included on earlier issued birth certificates is no longer put on birth certificates (due in part to concerns over identity theft). My birth certificate from the year I was born is black with white letters. If I were to go to the Bureau of Statistics today to obtain another copy of my birth certificate it would be green with black letters. There is no way I would get a black one with white letters now, no matter how much I demanded it. Same thing for amount of information contained in the birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Come on, Bob! What kind of answer is "not sure"??? How can you be "not sure" of such an important document? What are you trying to hide? America DEMANDS an answer! We're tired of waiting! America - where is Bobinator really from? Looks to me that he's an illegal immigrant from Evasive-stan! Give us the truth, Bob - the truth that we already know to be the truth - the truth that is only the truth that we want to hear!!!

Okay, lay off the pot, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      BTW, the issue is not whether Bobinator or anyone else has a "long form" birth certificate at home. The issue is whether he or anyone else can get the state to give them one now. The form of birth certificate in Hawaii has changed over the years. Some of the information that may have been included on earlier issued birth certificates is no longer put on birth certificates (due in part to concerns over identity theft). My birth certificate from the year I was born is black with white letters. If I were to go to the Bureau of Statistics today to obtain another copy of my birth certificate it would be green with black letters. There is no way I would get a black one with white letters now, no matter how much I demanded it. Same thing for amount of information contained in the birth certificate.
                      I was born here in the 60's, so I would have a long-form certificate in my State file. Obama should have one, unless...... Bhwaa ha ha haaaaaaa!!!

Comment

Not sure. I'm checking on the one I have at home. At any rate, I wouldn't spend $3 Million to hide it and all my other records from my constituents.
                        but, you don't HAVE any constituents (unless you've been elected to office). and you still haven't said if you were born in Hawaii. Quite honestly, unless you were born here - you don't really know what an "authentic" Hawaii birth certificate looks like or how they have changed from the old style.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Okay, lay off the pot, man!
                          Just the same kinda pot that you'd find at a Tea Party.

Comment

[quote=Bobinator;251247]so I would have a long-form certificate in my State file.quote]

So Bob, I want to see it. Why aren't you showing it to me. What if you don't have a long form certificate? I don't think you're a US citizen. Consequently you have no right to comment on this subject since you are not a US citizen. There is a word for this.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              So Bob, I want to see it. Why aren't you showing it to me. What if you don't have a long form certificate? I don't think you're a US citizen. Consequently you have no right to comment on this subject since you are not a US citizen. There is a word for this.
                              America speaks, Bob - nay, America DEMANDS you show us your long-form certificate! Come on, Bob - clearly you ARE hiding your illegal status from us! Stop stalling and start proving!

Comment

I like the part about the conspirators cleverly conspiring to place Obama's birth announcment in the Honolulu papers decades ago. There are some people who think the world is flat and nothing will ever convince them otherwise. I remember a book from college, "When Prophecy Fails", about the "the world is ending tomorrow" religious movements of the 19th century and how the followers reacted when the world went on. It was with an increase of faith. Motivation-- they could not accept that they had been fools. They had often sold or given away all their worldly goods to follow some befuddled psycho into the hills to await the imminent Coming of the Lord and when it didn't happen their reaction was to huddle even closer to the Devine Leader--the Us v. Them, We are the Chosen mentality. The Great Leaders would often make up even more equally wrong predictions; the followers still ate it up. It was an interesting study of human behavior. There have been some studies on conservative Fox viewer types and they, too, huddle around their leaders more as the philosophy is discredited by reality. It all goes to show that we are not a rational species. A lot of our brains are capable of rational thought, but a lot of primitive circuits still exist that cynical political leaders tap into. Tell the followers Obama has raised your taxes when he has cut them. Tell them there will be death panels when there won't. They eat it all up, they can't help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X