This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Serenity, you're hilarious. Rant away. You and 1stwahine would make a great stage act.

I can just see the "What pisses you off?" posts from the other people in your world:

I hate it when people leave their laundry in the washer for over 20 minutes, then have the nerve to get upset when I move their stuff to wash mine... especially when I was diligent enough to be there at 7 a.m. when the laundromat actually opens. You can't try and call dibs or hold your place in line if you're not there when the ride actually opens.

I hate it when people don't tip, and brag about it, especially when it's over something so manini it would've been fixed in exactly one second if the customer just, you know, actually talked to the server about the problem.

I hate it when people return merchandise that really shouldn't be returned, like stuff that they shoved in their shoes. Eew!

This is fun! I look forward to more brightly colored, bold, underlined, all-caps rants in the future. If it makes you feel better, we all win!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Serenity, you're hilarious. Rant away. You and 1stwahine would make a great stage act.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah! I'm all for it! Let me know Serenity, we can start practicing and make Big Bucks! We may even go on Jay Leno. Betta yet...Oprah!heheheh

I see it now. Auntie Pupule and Serenity!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
        If it makes you feel better, we all win!
        THAT IS TH BEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN YET, including Manoa's!!.

THANKS Pzarquon & Manoa!.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Ahhhhh...No chance of a Stage Act?

Shucks. I wuz thinking of potential materials foa us to do!

Oh! Well...das the breaks.

Auntie Pupule rides alone again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah! I'm all for it! Let me know Serenity, we can start practicing and make Big Bucks! We may even go on Jay Leno.:-D Betta yet...Oprah!heheheh

I see it now. Auntie Pupule and Serenity!
            Oh sorry...

but...

That is too funny!!.

But maybe not.

I get stage freight. lol.

Aloha.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

PAPER CUTS.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                at the gatherings!
                Hmmm...sounds like some sort of a cult.
                Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                I get stage freight.
                Yeah, that can get pretty heavy sometimes.

My rant about being pissed off: medical facility bureaucracy. We moved my mother to the area from the midwest a few months ago, after her husband passed away unexpectedly, and she had a heart attack. A week ago, she came into Seattle for surgery on tumors on her leg, followed by a skin graft. Yesterday afternoon, she was moved to a care facility in my neighborhood for a couple weeks of therapy & rehab, so I took the morning off work as they wanted me to come and help with paperwork.

I arrived at 9:00, helped inventory the suitcase of clothes and stuff she had me bring in, and at 9:30, we requested the administrator to bring the paperwork. By 10:30, no administrator, so we asked a nurse to let someone know we were waiting. At 11:30, we asked again, and the nurse admitted she forgot to contact anyone. At 11:45, the admin arrived, we went over the paperwork, and they had to find one more staff member to notarize a document. At Noon, they thanked me for helping out, and then said "you know - you didn't need to be here in person for any of this."

Makes me worry about the level of care they provide for their patients. (Miulang - you could probably share some horror stories of a similar type, from your inside perspective.)

Comment

whats pissing me off right now?

All those darn
                  No Smoking signs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Hmmm...sounds like some sort of a cult.
                    You mean all this time I've been here on HT... and only now your tell me were not?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                      You mean all this time I've been here on HT... and only now your tell me were not?
                      Church of the Second Coming of kimo55, perhaps? (I know he pissed some folks off big-time.)

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        Serenity... I think me and Blue can both fall under the we write to relieve ourselves at times!

and you are so correct... I think many of us do!

Is there something I'm missing?

This pisses me off when there is inside jokes that I don't know about!

Cranberee... relax... let Serenity have her HT moments... maybe she is honestly Serene at home because of HT
                        About the whole Serenity and Canberee thingy...this IS entertaining...however I'd like to add couple cents in too if you don't mind.

Having someone b**tch and moan about things everyday, twice a day even, can get irratating. Like the friend,(we all have one) who finds fault with everyone and doen't seem satisfied?...ok like that.

However, the thread does say, "What pisses you off?" so - rant away Serenity.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Hmmm...sounds like some sort of a cult.Yeah, that can get pretty heavy sometimes.

My rant about being pissed off: medical facility bureaucracy. We moved my mother to the area from the midwest a few months ago, after her husband passed away unexpectedly, and she had a heart attack. A week ago, she came into Seattle for surgery on tumors on her leg, followed by a skin graft. Yesterday afternoon, she was moved to a care facility in my neighborhood for a couple weeks of therapy & rehab, so I took the morning off work as they wanted me to come and help with paperwork.

I arrived at 9:00, helped inventory the suitcase of clothes and stuff she had me bring in, and at 9:30, we requested the administrator to bring the paperwork. By 10:30, no administrator, so we asked a nurse to let someone know we were waiting. At 11:30, we asked again, and the nurse admitted she forgot to contact anyone. At 11:45, the admin arrived, we went over the paperwork, and they had to find one more staff member to notarize a document. At Noon, they thanked me for helping out, and then said "you know - you didn't need to be here in person for any of this."

Makes me worry about the level of care they provide for their patients. (Miulang - you could probably share some horror stories of a similar type, from your inside perspective.)
                          Which facility is she in? QA Nursing Home? And was the surgery done at GHC? Swedish? VM? You're lucky. Your mom will probably only need to be in there while she's recuperating, right? One thing I discovered after having to put my mom into an assisted living facility on Maui not long ago is that most are kinda understaffed (not that the staff isn't well meaning or neglectful on purpose, but they are overworked and underpaid).

Most of the staff people at nursing homes and assisted living facilities are LPNs or MAs or CNAs. Legally, I think they only need one RN per shift to dole out the medications. When mom first moved in, I spent lots of time there watching how the staff treated my mother and other residents (going at a mealtime, right before bedtime and during the day to see what kind of activities they offered). On Maui, there isn't much of a choice as far as assisted living facilities and nursing homes, so we were fortunate that she was able to get into the one she did get into, because it's about 5 minutes away from the hospital and about 7 minutes away from her old house.

The important thing is for you and AFK to keep her spirits up and encourage her to do her PT so she can get out of there as soon as possible. She'll be happier (as will you) if she wasn't in that facility!

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Comments about how this message board is moderated can be sent via PM. Further attempts to expand the disaster area will be deleted without comment.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                              Comments about how this message board is moderated can be sent via PM. Further attempts to expand the disaster area will be deleted without comment.
                              Ooops! Sorry Admin. My Bad.

Tita Miulang, As I read your post on the care of the Elderly, I thought of my MAMA and my late husband. I am very fortunate to have been trained and skilled as a Nurses Aide. I took care of my late husband and never thought for one second to put him into a Nursing Facility. The same goes for my MAMA or any of my Ohana as long as I am able to take care of them.

Mahalo for sharing your insights and views.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                                oops..sorry ahh ad.

kaYa T
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X