This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's Pastor is an Extreme Racist

And Obama refuses to leave the church after 20-years listening to the racist Rev. Wright.

Obama also refuses to denounce Rev. Wright even though Obama fired him from his campaign staff.

Rev. Wright is Obama's mentor, spiritual adviser, and a father figure.

hahahahaha da lolo!

Comment

• Re: Obama's Pastor is an Extreme Racist

Try reading this for some perspective.

[b]The full story behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s 9/11 sermon
      March 21, 2008
      Editor’s note: CNN Contributor Roland Martin has listened to several of the sermons of Rev. Jeremiah Wright from Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. Portions of the sermons have been excerpted in recent stories.

As this whole sordid episode regarding the sermons of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has played out over the last week, I wanted to understand what he ACTUALLY said in this speech. I’ve been saying all week on CNN that context is important, and I just wanted to know what the heck is going on.

I have now actually listened to the sermon Rev. Wright gave after September 11 titled, “The Day of Jerusalem’s Fall.” It was delivered on Sept. 16, 2001.

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when he mentioned “chickens coming home to roost.” He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan’s terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That’s what he told the congregation.

He was quoting Peck as saying that America’s foreign policy has put the nation in peril.

[...]

He went on to describe seeing the photos of the aftermath of 9/11 because he was in Newark, N.J., when the planes struck. After turning on the TV and seeing the second plane slam into one of the twin towers, he spoke passionately about what if you never got a chance to say hello to your family again.

“What is the state of your family?” he asked.

And then he told his congregation that he loved them and asked the church to tell each other they loved themselves.
      Last edited by admin; March 23, 2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: Limited to excerpt and linked to original source.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice article, but I think we need to move these posts to the 2008 Election thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Nice article, but I think we need to move these posts to the 2008 Election thread.
          If you like, although this is a good topic on its own.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Susie, do YOU hate America too? You're defending an extreme racist you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              The 2008 Election thread is waaaay too long. We need more sub-threads, makes it easier to dial-in to a subject,

Comment

Actually...

I truly don't see any miss truths in any of the statements made. Do you?

Seems a little odd for this "speech" to have been a sermon, but that doesn't change it much.
                To me anyway.

I'm not anti-american or a racist, but trying to be an honest realist.
                U. S. of A. hasn't and still sometimes doesn't wear the "White hat" (as the good guys in old cowboy movies).

We as a country of millions must reflect and learn from mistakes to become better.
                Think that's how it works? Isn't it?

Reflect, learn, apply, succeed.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  Actually...

I truly don't see any miss truths in any of the statements made. Do you?

Seems a little odd for this "speech" to have been a sermon, but that doesn't change it much.
                  To me anyway.

U. S. of A. hasn't and still sometimes doesn't wear the "White hat" (as the good guys in old cowboy movies).

We as a country of millions must reflect and learn from mistakes to become better.
                  Think that's how it works? Isn't it?

Do you hate America to? Which side are you on?? Yeah, there are plenty of miss-truths in that sermon. Wanna go point by point? How about "God Damn America?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ38N...eature=related
                  Plus he uses the "N" word.
                  Last edited by Gent; March 23, 2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I think starting this thread is an indication of extremism. I love America. I also think we are on the cusp of an amazing realization of the equality of all under God. What an appropriate place for a candidate to give a such a seismic speech--in the City of Brotherly Love.

The same rights that protect those of us who support nontraditional presidential candidates are extended to those who do not. I also think that those who think that only certain humans should hold the nation's highest office are in a state of panic, and feel the need to create distractions.

Stay the course, because, YES WE CAN.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• New Pastor Same Speech

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03...ight-to-jesus/

Says Rev. Wright is getting lynched! Resembles Jesus' death at the hands of the Romans!

This Rev is whack too. And Obama is STILL a member of this racist church? If Obama gets to the general election, he'll get trampled by middle majority America. His poll numbers are already sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gent View Post
                        The 2008 Election thread is waaaay too long. We need more sub-threads, makes it easier to dial-in to a subject,
                        When the spinoff subject warrants focused analysis, I certainly agree. The tangent introduced here is, in many ways, just more of the same. The two 'pastor' threads have been merged, and we'll keep Obama, Clinton, and McCain discussion here for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                          When the spinoff subject warrants focused analysis, I certainly agree. The tangent introduced here is, in many ways, just more of the same. The two 'pastor' threads have been merged, and we'll keep Obama, Clinton, and McCain discussion here for the time being.
                          Your thread subjects seem to get lost when merged into one. Maybe try a fresh look at the procedure and design for a more successful board. With Obama losing drastically in the polls because of his racist Rev's, you should allow discussion on the all important subject. This is the turning point of the dem primary and you seem to be burying the posts. Just my $.02 worth
                          Last edited by Gent; March 23, 2008, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Gent View Post
                            1)Do you hate America to? 2)Which side are you on?? 3)How about "God Damn America?" 4)Plus he uses the "N" word.
                            1) No, I don't hate America. I feel lucky to have the priviledge to have been born and to live here.

2) What "sides" are you talking about. Rediculous statement. IMO

3) Well, God damned the Isrealites when they messed up.
                            Why won't it be the same for us? Rome fell and so can we if 'WE' as a country don't do better.
                            You know... the 10 commandments and all else that's right. Karma even counts too you know!

4) Taken in context, it fits.

We don't have to agree. That's the Greatest thing about America.

Comment

1) No, I don't hate America. I feel lucky to have the priviledge to have been born and to live here.

2) What "sides" are you talking about. Rediculous statement. IMO

3) Well, God damned the Isrealites when they messed up.
                              Why won't it be the same for us? Rome fell and so can we if 'WE' as a country don't do better.
                              You know... the 10 commandments and all else that's right. Karma even counts too you know!

4) Taken in context, it fits.

We don't have to agree. That's the Greatest thing about America.
                              You didn't answer #2 and #3 and for #4 the "N" word is never ever acceptable in any context. You sound racist.
                              You might try spell check and stay focused on the subject at hand.... it'll also help soften your anger
                              Last edited by Gent; March 23, 2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Written by Associated Press
                                March 23, 2008 02:38 PM

HONOLULU (AP) - Senator Daniel Inouye and Representative Neil Abercrombie are split over how Hawaii's undecided superdelegates should choose the next Democratic presidential nominee.

Inouye says the superdelegates should rely on their experience and initiative, not the results of February's caucuses. Inouye is backing Hillary Rodham Clinton.

But Abercrombie, who supports Barack Obama, says he does not see how the superdelegates could ignore the state's overwhelming support for the Hawaii-born candidate.

Of the nearly 38-thousand votes cast in Hawaii's caucuses, Obama garnered more than 28-thousand to Clinton's nearly nine-thousand.

Abercrombie and Inouye are among the state's nine superdelegates. Six of the superdelegates have either not been
                                chosen or not announced the candidate they prefer.

Sounds just like how the rest of us are split or undecided too.

Comment

Working...
                                X