Hurricane Flossie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hurricane Flossie

where IS this b*tch?? Hurry up, already! Lots of rain, but no breeze whatsoever. I *hate* that! ::::::brazen stare towards the SE:::::::

pax

Comment

It's just past 6pm and the weather here in Keaau down by the ocean is about the same all day. Heavy overcast conditions with sporadic rain. But still NO WIND! The shoreline is typical choppy conditions but no waves over five feet yet. Otherwise typical ocean conditions right now.

Been watching KGMB's coverage of Flossie, amazing as it is we still have satellite reception. Usually when it get's this bad (weatherwise) we lose our satellite signal, but right now it's solid.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        where IS this b*tch?? Hurry up, already! Lots of rain, but no breeze whatsoever. I *hate* that! ::::::brazen stare towards the SE:::::::
        She's flossing around?

But on a more serious note, isn't it better a dud than a bomb?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          She's flossing around?

But on a more serious note, isn't it better a dud than a bomb?
          Oops - see my post under preparations.......

Comment

My Twitter Friend dcb97 posted a Video on YouTube of a weird pink sunset!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4MnQKFq-o

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              My Twitter Friend dcb97 posted a Video on YouTube of a weird pink sunset!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4MnQKFq-o

Auntie Lynn
              Yep that's Darren Charles of DC in the Mornings on B97, Hawaii's (the Big Island) classic music station...well classic music of the 70's 80's and 90's. Great morning jock.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Yep that's Darren Charles of DC in the Mornings on B97, Hawaii's (the Big Island) classic music station...well classic music of the 70's 80's and 90's. Great morning jock.
                Ok...that explains why I loved that guy's voice and thought if he wasn't a DJ he should be!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Ok...that explains why I loved that guy's voice and thought if he wasn't a DJ he should be!
                  And he's such a nice guy too just like Guy Hagi. Both will spend the time to talk to you despite their hectic schedules.

Here's a Youtube video of DC in his natural surroundings at KWXX in Hilo

Sorry that's Darrin Carlson.
                  Last edited by craigwatanabe; August 14, 2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Just got off the phone talking to my folks in Honokaa on the Big Island. At this hour like most of their day, they said nothing significant is happening. Quiet, maybe a scatter of rain every now and then, and so far no significant wind.

As for Mr. D.C. in Hilo, everyone out in Honokaa was disappointed when he jumped ship from KKBG to KNWB. Hilo's KKBG or more popularly known as "KBIG" have an FM repeater in Honokaa, which brings in a clear signal at 106.1. KNWB does not, which means he lost many of his listeners out in the country.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      And he's such a nice guy too just like Guy Hagi. Both will spend the time to talk to you despite their hectic schedules.[...]
                      And not just talk. Guy did something very, very special for me on his own time. It's chronicled here. Scroll down to the 7/20/03 entry. There's another familiar name in addition to Guy's!

Comment

Well it's 8:45 Pm and it's simply BORING AS HELL out here in Keaau. Waiting for anything to happen and so far just a bit of rain, not even a power outage. My goodness even our wireless internet is running better than ever.

Pretty soon I'll just call it a night and watch the kids for day two of their unexpected two day holiday.

I really feel sorry for those who bought all those plywood sheets. I guess they'll be returning them tomorrow. Nail holes and all

Comment

Part of Advisory 26-A, issued at 8pm (and gosh, I wish they'd stop typing in all caps!):

HEAVY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN OUTER RAINBANDS MAY PRODUCE 10 INCHES OR MORE OF RAINFALL IN KAU DISTRICT ON THE BIG ISLAND TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY. SMALLER AMOUNTS...5 TO 10 INCHES...MAY FALL ON THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

AT 800 PM HST...0600Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE FLOSSIE WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 17.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 155.9 WEST OR ABOUT 95 MILES SOUTH OF SOUTH POINT...THE SOUTH TIP OF THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII...AND ABOUT 310 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF HONOLULU.

FLOSSIE IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT.

RECENT AIRCRAFT RECONNAISSANCE...SATELLITE AND RADAR OBSERVATIONS SHOW THAT THE EYE OF THE HURRICANE HAS DISAPPEARED...AN INDICATION THAT THE HURRICANE CONTINUES WEAKENING.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 85 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS. FLOSSIE IS A CATEGORY ONE HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON SCALE. CONTINUED WEAKENING IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 40 MILES FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 105 MILES.

It may sound pretty good, but we all know it could easily change again. We're not out of the woods yet, but cautious optimism is starting to creep in.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No Eye right now on the satellite pic.

Looks like this hurricane is turning into a HurriCAN'T.

Let's hope so. Definitely the wimpiest hurricane/storm I've ever been in.

Not inkling of wind, and just some rain, all day.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

KITV 4 News reports tonight that by the 11PM Bulletin, Flossie will be downgraded to a tropical storm... winds are at 60 mph.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It is dead quiet in Hilo. Dead boring, as well. ...zzZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzz.....
                                Last edited by beaker; August 14, 2007, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X