"Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" - Season 4: Episode & Storyline Discussion

oh Paul - I so wish I had that big ass screen!!!!! I'm just going to have to make do with my 27" and no cable. So, I have to squint but can still watch the show and enjoy the finale!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

You got it, Paul. Gimme a call...you have my #. McDonalds is but an elevator ride away. Wine's in the fridge...you'll need to bring anything else.

Oh...there's even free parking!

Comment

I watched the episode a second time today, missed the credits about Michelle Forbes being in that episode. I thought that lady from Oceanic looked familier.

Comment

Brilliant post, Paul.

If you think watching "LOST" with a crowd sounds fun, you should head down to Tropical Smoothie Cafe on Piikoi, across from Ala Moana on the west/Ewa side. Even though the store is technically closed at that hour, they've held weekly watching parties for "LOST" all season.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            You got it, Paul. Gimme a call...you have my #. McDonalds is but an elevator ride away. Wine's in the fridge...you'll need to bring anything else.
            Thanks Sue! I'll get in touch next week...

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            oh Paul - I so wish I had that big ass screen!!!!! I'm just going to have to make do with my 27" and no cable.
            Aaaiiigh! Stone tools! No cable? Seriously? I know a guy who doesn't have cable, but he also makes his own butter and has marital relations through a hole in a sheet.

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            If you think watching "LOST" with a crowd sounds fun, you should head down to Tropical Smoothie Cafe on Piikoi
            Too many people = more chance for disaster. It's like drinking. You want to have a good time, drink with a couple of friends. If you get too many drunks in one place at one time, next thing you know a legislature breaks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
              So... here's what I need: someone who is willing to have me over at their house where we will watch the season finale of Lost.

Must haves:
              * Big-ass HDTV screen.
              Will a 70" Sony do? (KDS-R70XBR2). Just wish KITV gave us the 5.1 surround feed too. Oh well, my AVR does a decent job of faking it most of the time.

* DVR or TiVo. This is a must so that we can rewind and rewatch the important killer details. Also, so that we can start watching 30 minutes later to zap through some of the commercials.
              Got Oceanic's DVR.

* Quiet location.
              It's usually very quiet here in Hawaii Kai. Only real problem that time of night is if someone gets off the #1 bus at the stop behind my townhouse. Doesn't happen too often that late though. My cat is very quiet as long as she's fed.

* Comfy chairs.
              My couches and chair are fairly comfy and I have plenty of throw pillows.

Come on. I'll bring the fish biscuits. Or these cheeseburgers. They some double cheese burgers!

I am serious.
              Ditto. PM me if interested and I'll give you my number.
              No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                Thanks Sue! I'll get in touch next week...
                Ok! But if you get a better offer...go for it!!! I can't compete with a 70" TV! Close, tho'. I'm only 30" off! I'd have to stand in Ala Moana beach park to get the full impact of a set that size hanging on my wall in Waikiki!

Comment

According to promos airing tonight (5/23/08) on KITV/ABC, the episode that aired on May 15 will be aired again on May 29, this time with extra footage in the episode and then the 2 hour finale.

Comment

Yes, this coming Thursday, "Lost" will go out with a 3-hour all night bang. The rerun of the May 15 episode and the 2-hour season finale... should be a bang up show that as usual will leave us with more questions and a long dry spell until 2009.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

And hopefully I'll get to watch this one on a television the night it airs, rather than waiting the next day to watch it on my computer. My new roommate is a Lost fan; I predict popcorn.
                      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Lost is still on the TV but Jack and Kate said who was in the coffin during the 3rd season finale. And the name was mentioned again by Walt and Hurley.

Talk about having "None of the above" as a choice.
                        Last edited by helen; May 29, 2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

In a way I am kind bummed that they showed the person in the coffin at the end of the epsiode, but hey it just generates more questions.

Comment

I'm fine with knowing that Locke was the guy in the box. I wanted to know that since last year's season finale.. and yes, it does bring up new questions... like...

Why take the dead guy back? Why all of the Oceanic 6 have to go back?

Claire warned Kate. Don't take Aaron back.

Ben still has some kind of agenda.

I hope Desmond and Penny sail away and live happily ever after... but as I vaguely recall, Sayid is supposed to hunting her down isn't he? (my mind is cloudy on this).

How did the island move? Did Ben activate some kind of large time / space / dimensional transporter device? Was it the same kind of force that blew up the Hatch from season 2? (I'm vague on that, I guess I should watch my unopened box DVD set).

I had to laugh as the raft approached.... well... Waianae Harbor... I was waiting for that since I had seen Ryan's pics a few weeks ago.

The explosion of the freighter looked so.... well... CGI. Not very good.

Is Jin dead? I guess Michael is or does he also survive?

This episode seemed to have a higher than average body count of series regulars... not to mention the 2nd group that went in the zodiac to the ship. Do they all perish? Or did they move with the island?

OK... so there is what...8 months until the next season? February 2009 sweeps.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I suspect the following issue hasn't been raised yet but it might in future episode(s).

Oceanic flight 815 goes from Sydney to Los Angeles. Sydney is on the south east part of Australia and I assume that a jet flying would go in an easterly direction to reach Los Angeles flying over water.

The Oceanic six end up on an island in Indonesia, which is closer to Austraila's north west coast. If Oceanic 815 was iniitially flying in the wrong direction the passenagers would have noticed flying over land on the way to Indonesia.

Comment

Just finished watching a tape of last Thursday's airing of Part I where it was said there were additional scenes.

The scenes are in the press conference, they said who survived the crash but died later on.

this was Boone, Libby and Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                X