X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=705_1188284152

A couple of the soldiers Miulang thinks are wasting their time in Iraq. They are buying some bread and messing with some HAPPY Iraqi kids.

Gives you a view of Iraq that the media and Miulang won't ever want you to see.
    For the most part, it's not the individual soldiers who are the problem (yes, there are a few bad apples), it's their commanders and the overall strategy of the White House and the unwillingness of the current Iraqi government to meet their commitments that's the problem. That's why I support the troops but not the occupation of Iraq.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      That's why I support the troops but not the occupation of Iraq.Miulang
      Do you support their mission? That is the mission to liberate Iraq.

Yes? No? or do you refuse to answer?

Silence........... must be googling an answer from the DNC.

Comment

We "liberated" Iraq when we deposed Saddam. What we are doing now is the result of deceit and lies about WMDs which didn't exist and certain large private companies being in cahoots with certain members of Congress and the White House to make lotsa money in the deal. Of course Saddam was a despot, but why do you think we didn't keep up the hunt for Osama, who is the true enemy of this country?

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; August 29, 2007, 08:46 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
          We "liberated" Iraq when we deposed Saddam. What we are doing now is the result of deceit and lies about WMDs which didn't exist and certain large private companies being in cahoots with certain members of Congress and the White House to make lotsa money in the deal. Of course Saddam was a despot, but why do you think we didn't keep up the hunt for Osama, who is the true enemy of this country?

Miulang
          Hahahaha. A non-answer right out of the DNC handbook.

You're a joke Miulang.

Comment

• Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL , Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Sure, "liberate" Iraq for corporatUSt$ exploitation. Some liberation!! Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL . Why not see if Iraqi peoples are appreciating their "liberation" by corporatUSt$' forces? Oh yeah, so many millions are now living in exile because of the CheneyBush catastrophic "liberation" such a poll cannot be taken.

Comment

• Re: Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL , Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
              Sure, "liberate" Iraq for corporatUSt$ exploitation. Some liberation!! Operation Iraqi Liberation, OIL . Why not see if Iraqi peoples are appreciating their "liberation" by corporatUSt$' forces? Oh yeah, so many millions are now living in exile because of the CheneyBush catastrophic "liberation" such a poll cannot be taken.
              Waioli Kai,

I am not ashamed to say I like Democracy and I like oil at less than $3 a gallon. I like to buy my oil, not steal it. I’m not a hypocrite like all you Democrats. I enjoy driving my car and using A/C at home. I like flying on jets. I don’t expect anyone to feel like they HAVE TO conserve any more than I do.

I also don't like the thousands of attacks that have been perpetrated by Muslim extremists upon innocent westerners and others over the past 50 years.

For those reasons, the "liberation" of Iraq could be a wonderful thing.

My only scorn is directed at the Iraqi people who have been pathetic at stepping up to the plate to take their country back. They are the weak link in this chain. Too many of them prefer to hate their neighbor more than they love the concept of a unified, peaceful, democratic Iraq.

Waioli Kai, let me guess, you own a car, use A/C, shop at Costco, fly on jets to Vegas or to neighbor Islands, etc etc etc.

Yes Waioli Kai, BRING BACK THE RUTHLESS DICTATOR. Where's saddam when you need him.

Comment

I think at this point, it's better to fragment Iraq into three separate states, Kurd, Shia, Sunni. The people there right now indeed are the weak link. If they don't want to do anything to improve the situation, our troop presence can only do so much before it backfires which already has happened. We definitely can't just pick up and leave because of the mess we started. But we can't stay there indefinitely. So break them up into a loose federation of states. Yugoslavia after communism was pretty much the same, no ruthless dictator to quash any public dissent yet they hated each other along ethnic lines. Now that it's a series of states, it's a whole lot more peaceful. Iraq was a country artificially created by the British Mandate of Mesopotamia after WWI so why insist on maintaining this artificial state?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                  I think at this point, it's better to fragment Iraq into three separate states, Kurd, Shia, Sunni. The people there right now indeed are the weak link. If they don't want to do anything to improve the situation, our troop presence can only do so much before it backfires which already has happened. We definitely can't just pick up and leave because of the mess we started. But we can't stay there indefinitely. So break them up into a loose federation of states. Yugoslavia after communism was pretty much the same, no ruthless dictator to quash any public dissent yet they hated each other along ethnic lines. Now that it's a series of states, it's a whole lot more peaceful. Iraq was a country artificially created by the British Mandate of Mesopotamia after WWI so why insist on maintaining this artificial state?
                  Seems sensible. I suspect the biggest issue would be control over the oil reserves, and how the revenues would be divided.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Seems sensible. I suspect the biggest issue would be control over the oil reserves, and how the revenues would be divided.
                    Indeed this is the ugly part and maybe the US needs to govern and oversee the splitting of the oil reserves? I know that would only stereotype the US more as being there for oil but if each of the separate states get a fair share of the oil earnings, I bet things would go a lot more peacefully. And when that happens, we would have an easier time withdrawing. Maybe then handing it over to a UN team?

Comment

Indeed this is the ugly part and maybe the US needs to govern and oversee the splitting of the oil reserves? I know that would only stereotype the US more as being there for oil but if each of the separate states get a fair share of the oil earnings, I bet things would go a lot more peacefully. And when that happens, we would have an easier time withdrawing. Maybe then handing it over to a UN team?
                      Here's the draft "Iraq Oil and Gas Laws" that were submitted to the Iraqi Parliament earlier this year. The US and the big oil companies will still figure quite prominently in determining what happens to the oil and the revenues derived from it, even moreso than when Saddam controlled everything.

Miulang

Comment

What? I thought only the USA was evil enough to fight over OIL?????

You mean Iraqis will actually fight each other over OIL too????

Amazing that anyone could be as evil as the Americans.

Of course China in Darfur??? or was it the Sudan???? hmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Maybe then handing it over to a UN team?
                          After the oil for food scandal?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                            After the oil for food scandal?
                            Yeah, not exactly perfect conditions but you really believe the Kurds, Shia, and Sunni can peacefully workout the dividends of their oil?

Comment

you really believe the Kurds, Shia, and Sunni can peacefully workout the dividends of their oil?
                              If our mouths weren't so firmly bolted to the teats of oil companies, would we care as much about that?

Comment

If our mouths weren't so firmly bolted to the teats of oil companies, would we care as much about that?
                                Even if we weren't, the fact that so many other industrialized nations are will still make the three major ethnicities in Iraq fight over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X