Let's Do Lunch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's Do Lunch!

The December Bytemarks geek lunch is a week early in December, to steer clear of Christmas madness. Geeks or people who like geeks are invited to bring your own lunch and drink and join a bunch of other geeks for a casual talkstory gathering today in the courtyard of the YWCA on Richards Street. Folks drift in an out from 11:30 to 1:30, and we'd love to see you there!

Comment

This high school teacher is on Christmas break, and since I NEVER get to "do lunch," I'd love to get together for a bite any time in the week following Christmas, if anyone's interested. C'mon, let me be a grownup for a change!
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Works for me! Where would you like to go on your grown-up field trip? How's Thursday, Dec. 28?

Comment

I like Thursday. As for where, I'm totally open to suggestions.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hey! I a grown-up with kid's heart and mind. heheheh

Count me in!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

how nice - that's my birthday! can i go too?
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Bard and I will be having lunch at Macaroni Grill on 22 December ... in Reno. Anyone wanna join us?
                Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                  Bard and I will be having lunch at Macaroni Grill on 22 December ... in Reno. Anyone wanna join us?
                  You pay my ticket and I'm there!

Comment

Coolness. So far we have Ryan, Lynn, Fran, and me. Anyone else want to join us in celebration of Christmas Break?

Here are my preferences:
                    1. Something casual and light but not too casual.
                    2. Not Chinese food or Korean food because I eat those all the time.
                    3. I'd love to get sushi if there's a good place for it.
                    4. Or Mediterranean food, but not at Leo's Taverna because I go there a lot.
                    5. Or a good salad and sandwich combo. I like Heidi's a lot; how do you all feel about Heidi's?
                    6. I've never eaten at the Y; how is it?
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hi Scriv - we have a new place at Remington College Bldg. called "Zen Sushi". It's Korean style sushi and it's REALLY GOOD!!!!! I don't even like sushi & I think it's good. We got a special tasting last week before they opened - he served us 9 different kinds of sushi - I now have a few favorites. If you like sushi, you should try this place.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Whereva's...I love FOOD! I'll be there.hahahaha

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Coolness. So far we have Ryan, Lynn, Fran, and me. Anyone else want to join us in celebration of Christmas Break?
                          I can make it on Thursday Dec. 28.

Comment

wait.. THIS thursday? let me know! that's .... ahhhh.... my birthday too
                            life is ok sometimes

Comment

are folks still planning to meet on 12/28 for lunch? if so - did you all decide where/what time?
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I've still got it down, and am looking forward to it. See, Christa? You didn't miss us yet!

Mitchell mentioned Heidi's, I guess that's the one in the Pacific Guardian Center near the bottom of Bishop Street? I've only eaten there once, visiting LavaNet, but it was nice indeed! As for Cafe Laniakea at the YWCA, it's always a good choice.

There are lots of great options. Our own glossyp took my wife, son and I to Brasserie Du Vin on Bethel, next door to Soul de Cuba. French-inspired cuisine, which you gotta admit is a nice break from the usual downtown options... and an incredibly charming side room that can be reserved. So if Heidi's or Cafe Laniakea don't get the tummy rumbling, Du Vin's my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                                X