X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Originally posted by woodman View Post
    stop following me through threads. It's called "stalking" and when it is employed for the purpose of intentionally misrepresenting views and opinions of others (as you have done to me) it is stalking for the purpose of harassment.
    Whoa, Woodman - aren't you going a little overboard here?

You made some SuperFerry comments in a thread that was about sharing photos, making some weird digs at one of the most beloved members of this forum when she posted a photo of a sweet moment, and when LikaNui pointed out that you were being inappropriate, you accuse him of STALKING you?

I enjoy reading the back-and-forth perspectives of opinion on the SuperFerry, including yours (though not all the personal attacks, either at you or from you), but I think you might want to step back from the computer a bit and do a reality check on yourself, 'kay?

And if you seriously feel someone is harassing you in any way, please consider contacting the Admin directly yourself, and allow him to help you out. Making this kind of inflammatory charge in public will not serve you well. I say that in a spirit of helpful guidance - which, of course, you are free to ignore - not as any sort of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
      *sigh* I tried, I really did WOODMAN to clarify my point of view as well as welcome you to HT.
      And I too welcomed Woodman. Prematurely, as it turns out. And immediately after your welcome, IP, good ol' Woodman posted this, with his gracious comment "You people are sooooooooo selfish!". That should've been our first clue about what was coming.

Lika,
      I guess mods and Admin must have allowed you some sort of special dispensation, otherwise, why else would they allow you to go around touting indignation on behalf of others.
      Do you always treat your hosts that rudely, falsely accusing them of malfeasance and collusion?

Stop following me through threads.
      When, how, and by whom -- in the three days that you've been here -- were you given the authority to instruct anyone what they could or could not do here?

If you have a problem with my posts you can contact a mod or Admin, or you can P/M me directly,
      No thank you. I choose to exercise my right to speak publicly and to call a spade a spade, as long as I stick to issues and do not make personal attacks. I have nothing to say to you in a PM that I wouldn't say in public. Your request for PM's is a clear indicator that you are afraid of something or that you have something to hide. Interesting.

but stop following me through threads. It's called "stalking" and when it is employed for the purpose of intentionally misrepresenting views and opinions of others (as you have done to me) it is stalking for the purpose of harassment.
      And you, sir, would be well advised to cease and desist your pseudo-legal -- actually, ILLegal -- attempt to deny me my First Amendment rights.
      Any first-year law school student knows the utter impossibility of proving "intent."
      I'm more than well aware of what constitutes cyberstalking. As a victim of a severe case of cyberstalking, I've testified twice in front of the Hawai`i State Senate, at their request, as one of the primary witnesses during hearings on proposed anti-cyberstalking legislation.
      What you are calling "stalking", reasonable people call "challenging facts."
      I told you before that I will continue to challenge false 'facts' posted by yourself and by anyone else who attempts to mislead anyone. As long-time HT members can attest, I have zero tolerance for bullshit. (Tiny Tadani learned the hard way not to abuse HT members. See this thread followed by this thread and then his swan song at this link.)
      If you are looking for a place to intentionally mislead and/or willfully abuse people, I submit that Hawaii Threads will not be fertile grounds for that behavior.
      If you post with respect and without gamesmanship, you will be welcome here. You were greeted with unconditional trust and respect, but you abused it and you've clearly put yourself in a position of having to now earn trust and respect from the group.
      The choice is yours to make.

Now. Anyone have anything new on the SuperFerry?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        You made some SuperFerry comments in a thread that was about sharing photos, making some weird digs at one of the most beloved members of this forum when she posted a photo of a sweet moment,
        WRONG!

I posted a caricature of low-brow anti superfery sentiments. Now you and lika are apparently determined to mischaracterize it as some sort of assault.

If you really gave a rats backside about how this person felt you might want to contact them, as I have, to get some clarification on this issue before launching off on some impotent rant while feigning self-righteous indignation.

Whoa, Woodman - aren't you going a little overboard here?

You made some SuperFerry comments in a thread that was about sharing photos, making some weird digs at one of the most beloved members of this forum when she posted a photo of a sweet moment, and when LikaNui pointed out that you were being inappropriate, you accuse him of STALKING you?

I enjoy reading the back-and-forth perspectives of opinion on the SuperFerry, including yours (though not all the personal attacks, either at you or from you).
        WRONG AGAIN!
        Geeezzz! What is it with you?

I haven’t attacked anyone, Believe me, if I do, you’ll know it.

And I believe that I distinctly ASKED if Lika-troll was following me. Did you NOT read that post?

And if you seriously feel someone is harassing you in any way, please consider contacting the Admin directly yourself, and allow him to help you out. Making this kind of inflammatory charge in public will not serve you well. I say that in a spirit of helpful guidance - which, of course, you are free to ignore - not as any sort of attack.
        So let me get this straight:

1.) It’s okay okay for my statements to be misrepresented?

2.) It’s fine for some troll to attempt to spin fake outrage by exaggerating my comments in an entirely different thread, clearly trying to pit members against each other?

3.) It’s okay for the troll to follow me through the forum and engage in harassment,?

... but the moment I call him on it, YOU accuse “Me” of “making inflammatory statements in public?”

You’ve got some nerve, pal!

I say that in a spirit of helpful guidance - which, of course, you are free to ignore - not as any sort of attack.
        Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing.

You’ll have to go back and try to figure out a better way to defend your friend.

...and until 1stwahine can weigh-in on this, be respectful and mind your own business.

Now if you are REALLY looking to the flames of outrage (and since you are willing to make stupid exaggerations to justify your indignation, there’s no point holding back on the “stupid” part, eh), go to Kaukau Korner where I actually accused a person of being a member of the bread industry lobby for supporting cake;

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=13769

Now, THERE,S your reason for outrage.

Go spin that and sell it to the forum.

Now, are you ready to address the topic again, because this silly game is getting old.
        Last edited by woodman; October 1, 2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Woody, you doth protest too much. It seems that you're primarily interested in engaging in a P*SSING match and with each post you make, my opinion of your POV gets lower.

Freedom of speech also involves the right to make a FOO of yourself and you and several others are meeting that criteria head-on.

Comment

I haven’t attacked anyone, Believe me, if I do, you’ll know it.
            Well, folks, now that Woodman has made his goals and intentions perfectly clear, I imagine we should all ignore him as much as possible and let the moderators do their job.

And to think that the SuperFerry's neighbor island protesters were the ones worried about "invasive species"!?!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Well, folks, now that Woodman has made his goals and intentions perfectly clear, I imagine we should all ignore him as much as possible and let the moderators do their job.[...]
              As I mentioned in another thread it didn't take long at all...maybe 2 days...for me to hit the "ignore" button. The Woodster has proven to be a waste of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                As I mentioned in another thread it didn't take long at all...maybe 2 days...for me to hit the "ignore" button. The Woodster has proven to be a waste of my time.
                I TRIED to get the posts back on topic, everyone else was aboard except WOODMAN. I'm sorry, but aside from this thread, you've been a non-constructive, pessimistic contributor...before you reply, take a look at the thread you started 'bout not following the UH Warriors, completely negative!

You were rude to Auntie Lynn's picture in another thread by not only claiming that her photo wasn't a dolphin, but alleging that it was a "mango'd" dolphin which was now an ahi!

Think before you submit, no seriously think before you submit.
                ___
                "Be god to each other."

Comment

launching off on some impotent rant while feigning self-righteous indignation ... Geeezzz! What is it with you? ... You’ve got some nerve, pal! ... Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing ... be respectful and mind your own business ... there’s no point holding back on the “stupid” part, eh
                  Wow. Glad I tried to be nice about it.

You may now commence the process of biting me, Woody. Bye-bye.

Comment

[edit]

InfinityProductions, it may interest you to know that I really don't have a definative position on this issue.

I became intersted when I saw the turnout on at the hearings in Kauai, and called a few friends there to get their view.

When they raised concerns that I had not seen brought up in the media, I figured that I would post some of those points myself and surely they would be addressed in reasonable discussion.

If we end up in disagreement, Fine.

What's wrong with that?

I often disagree with my wife, and I MARRIED her!
                    unfortunately, I suspect that lot of people make WAAAaayyyy too much of this because they are overinvested on a personal level and it affects their faculties for discussion.
                    It's not your position, but your disposition.

Agreeing to disagree is healthy, in a REAL relationship.

And now that you've mentioned your wife in your post, well it's apparent of your dispostion in the real as well as the virtual. With all due respect to her, allow her the courtesy of NOT making refernce in any negative form...even when it's relevant! And in her defense, she MARRIED YOU too.
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Good gawd, THREE in ONE WEEK! That's a first for me, all the time I've been here. OK people, I'm going to chime in here with a friendly reminder:

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. They are getting EXACTLY the response they were hoping for.

Set shields for IGNORE and go about your business. Nobody needs this. When you ignore them, they go away. (Or they come back with a different account and try again.)

BACK ON TOPIC: I put in a suggestion to the SuperFerry folks via their feedback form and got a really nice reply from one of their directors asking if they could use my suggestion on their web site. I said, "Sure, no problem! Happy to help."

I don't want to say what I suggested just yet. I'm going to wait to see what they do with the idea.

Blaine
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

helen: " No one is forcing anyone to use the SuperFerry service. It's just another option to get from one island to another. "

No, it's not like any other options. What other way can you go interisland, leave with a gun and arrive with a gun? Try carry a gun and ammunition onto a airplane or in luggage and say it is similar to security boarding Superferry? What other way can you carry large amounts of large stolen or illicit items with as little concern over security and consequences?? Legal jurisdictions at airports are different than at ports. What other way you move across the channels' surface at close to 50mph? What other way can you mow down turtles, monk seals and whales and not even know it? What other way can you arrive at another island, surfboard, spear-fishing gear, with a few dollars no credit card, and or little else but the shelter of a vehicle?

At present neighbor islanders are being forced to accomodate Superferry without an environmental assessment. Of course no one (except a prisoner or a soldier) is forced to board Superferry! No one is forced to use cocaine either, but that does't mean it's necessarily good for the society in which such use promoted.

Woodman, welcome to the channel where the term "troll" is strewn about with profusion by those who themselves converse in the most trollish manner. As best as I have seen so far, to be called "a troll" by some of the apparent veterans in this forum, which should be called Oahu Threads, is to take comfort in the fact that your words, actions have likely stirred the moribund conscience of a HT reactionary, of whom there are more than a few. Using the Ignore option in these threads is great way for saving your time and effort for composing intelligent posts instead of being drawn toward providing knee jerk fests material to spin.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          Well, I personally know 1stWahine AND Composite 2992 and can vouch for their authenticity and individuality.

That leaves two others... or is it three, including thee?
                          That's right. I ain't nobody's Foo!

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post

I don't want to say what I suggested just yet. I'm going to wait to see what they do with the idea.

Blaine
                            You told them to camoflage the ship, didn't you? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by craig foo View Post
                              helen: " No one is forcing anyone to use the SuperFerry service. It's just another option to get from one island to another. "

No, it's not like any other options. What other way can you go interisland, leave with a gun and arrive with a gun? Try carry a gun and ammunition onto a airplane or in luggage and say it is similar to security boarding Superferry? What other way can you carry large amounts of large stolen or illicit items with as little concern over security and consequences?? Legal jurisdictions at airports are different than at ports. What other way you move across the channels' surface at close to 50mph? What other way can you mow down turtles, monk seals and whales and not even know it? What other way can you arrive at another island, surfboard, spear-fishing gear, with a few dollars no credit card, and or little else but the shelter of a vehicle?

At present neighbor islanders are being forced to accomodate Superferry without an environmental assessment. Of course no one (except a prisoner or a soldier) is forced to board Superferry! No one is forced to use cocaine either, but that does't mean it's necessarily good for the society in which such use promoted.

Woodman, welcome to the channel where the term "troll" is strewn about with profusion by those who themselves converse in the most trollish manner. As best as I have seen so far, to be called "a troll" by some of the apparent veterans in this forum, which should be called Oahu Threads, is to take comfort in the fact that your words, actions have likely stirred the moribund conscience of a HT reactionary, of whom there are more than a few. Using the Ignore option in these threads is great way for saving your time and effort for composing intelligent posts instead of being drawn toward providing knee jerk fests material to spin.
                              So you know, I've taken the liberty to color code your questions and my responses for better understanding.

Believe it or not, you can leave with a declared gun packed in your luggage by airplane.

If you wanted to, you could transport large quantities of illegal items by plane or barge or personal boat.

Honestly, I don't know of any other way by water that travels at the speeds you requested, however...

I did conduct an investigation into a fatal accident involving a bulldozer assigned to replenish the sand on the beach and a turtle who happened upon the shore. It was tragic for everyone involved including the operator of the bulldozer. The outcome of the investigation was an accident, nothing malice about it.

You can arrive to another island by plane with nothing else but the shirt on your back. It happens EVERY SINGLE DAY! No seriously, it does.
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                                I don't understand how you can say that the people of Moloka'i have so little influence on the County Council.
                                What percentage of Maui County voters live on Molokai? (That's how I can say that)

Yes, they've been very successful with their political agenda, but will it last when push comes to shove?

The residents of Moloka'i may seem poor and backward to outsiders, but let me tell you, they are fiercely proud of who they are, and money is not the same all mighty god to them as it is to most other residents of the State. They try to treat their neighbors with respect (provided the same is offered to them) and will share whatever they have. They try to live off the land and the ocean whenever they can. I call that being self-sufficient in the purest sense of the term.
                                Can you see how anyone who takes a welfare check is NOT economically self-sufficient, no matter how pretty a picture you try to paint?

Now, this is a old link, (feel free to find something more up to date) but it states that "nearly half of Molokai residents receive government assistance, including food stamps." Now, can you see why I believe that Molokai is not an economically self-sufficient community?

Now add insult to injury with a community that fiercely fights for "status quo" and blocks any kind of development that would bring jobs and quite frankly, I see that as disrespectful to the taxpayer that makes welfare possible.

Again, please don't judge the people of Moloka'i on the basis of your standards.
                                And just keep forking over those tax dollars? Sorry. No.

BTW: If you have around $4 million, you can buy the McAfee estate that's now up for sale in western Moloka'i.
                                And have a major riot if I try to build so much as a tree house? I pity the fool.

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                                I disagree, it seems there is a loud vocal minority on each island whom try to stall practically every new project. It also seems this loud vocal minority is
                                taking advantage of the majority through the courts or protesting.The even worse thing is that vocal minority is pushing their agenda on the majority.
                                AMEN!!

Comment

Working...
                                X