X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH to Mountain West, foootball only!

I found this in the Miami Herald:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/1...-mountain.html

Re: UH to Mountain West, foootball only!

I would ecstatic about this had our then red-hot team not handed us a 2nd quarter fold at Boise. When you have a team named the Warriors that highly touts team spirit, Statewide pride, 100% commitment and leaving it all on the field, and then half of them give up after the first Bronco punch... A team like that belongs in the toilet.
    Serious examination of the problems at hand need to be made before we start cheering this news.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      I would ecstatic about this had our then red-hot team not handed us a 2nd quarter fold at Boise. When you have a team named the Warriors that highly touts team spirit, Statewide pride, 100% commitment and leaving it all on the field, and then half of them give up after the first Bronco punch... A team like that belongs in the toilet.
      Serious examination of the problems at hand need to be made before we start cheering this news.
      Are you nitpicking the team's name? Hawaii lost to a far superior Boise St. team, bottomline.

You better sue the NBA. Orlando's basketball team is not using magic to win games.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I hate this. Screw the MWC. We weren't good enough for them when they ditched us, and now that we're a consistently quality program on the upswing who's better than all but one of their current football teams, they welcome us? Screw, screw, screw them. We're supposed to be thankful that we're welcome into their stupid little club that was basically formed JUST to exclude us? They considered us deadweight, an albatross whose value didn't add up to the expense of engaging with us once every other year. I fricking hate the MWC and I hate that we're about to join it.

If I were richer,
        I'd still be with you;
        ain't that some ****?
        Although there's pain in my chest
        I still wish you the best with a
        **** you...

We had a chance to take the high road, to demonstrate to others that the BCS is crap and the MWC is crap, and if you're good enough to suit up, you're good enough to play us, just as we're good enough to take the field against any team that will meet us for a game.

Now we're just doing to other schools what has been done to us. I'm ashamed to say I went to that school.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          Are you nitpicking the team's name?
          Hawaii lost to a far superior Boise St. team, bottomline.
          No, I'm slamming the team name, AND their efforts if it means nothing as exibited by the overall play against ranked opponents. WARRIORS has a bit more 'umph' when it actually means something besides wuss.

Not physically far superior, it should have been a very competitive game, one we actually had a shot of winning. It was a near complete mental breakdown that showed where we are. This could have been our year, the best ever from UH, instead we've got a LONG way to go, and it may be futile to try any more.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I hate this.
          True, but if they want any viable future then this move is the best shot. Indy was gonna be tuff and the WAC is about to vanish.

Comment

Can't get this song outta my head. Just another nail in the coffin for the WAC. Good move on UH's part.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports...ly_option.html

The counter offer by WAC Commish Karl Benson dosen't sound like it comes with an extra pupu plate.

Comment

According to ESPN, the Mountain West is ultimately considering a 12-team conference. From the tone of San Diego State University president Stephen Weber, it sounds like the UH migration to the MWC is all but a done deal, and members are already looking ahead of it.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  I hate this. Screw the MWC. We weren't good enough for them when they ditched us,
                  This best sums up how I feel too. And the fact the BYU left means that MWC must not be all it cracks up to be. Considering how long it takes to get things going, MWC must have thought about it when Hawaii went to the Sugar Bowl.

However, WAC looks pretty sad right now. I don't even know the schools they are adding. And the ones they added (when they all left a few years ago) I never heard of them. Only know their schools from playing against U.H.

From that perspective, Hawaii has to go - leave the WAC.

I wish it was Pac-10 (12) instead.

Pac-10 took Arizona from the WAC directly. Why not now. Hawaii is more "Pacific" than "Mountain-West."

Come on.....Pac-12 in 2012, add Hawaii. Drop San Jose State. They suck big time since Dick Tomey retired.

Really...what the heck is Mountain West...

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post

Pac-10 took Arizona from the WAC directly. Why not now. Hawaii is more "Pacific" than "Mountain-West."

Come on.....Pac-12 in 2012, add Hawaii. Drop San Jose State. They suck big time since Dick Tomey retired.

Because AFAIK, PAC-10 have NOT invited us into their exclusive club.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                      This best sums up how I feel too. And the fact the BYU left means that MWC must not be all it cracks up to be. Considering how long it takes to get things going, MWC must have thought about it when Hawaii went to the Sugar Bowl.

However, WAC looks pretty sad right now. I don't even know the schools they are adding. And the ones they added (when they all left a few years ago) I never heard of them. Only know their schools from playing against U.H.

From that perspective, Hawaii has to go - leave the WAC.

Hawaii will never be in the PAC 12,.NEVER!!!! Why? Because Hawaii fans are "fair weather fan" at best. The sets only fill up at Aloha Stadium, or at the Sheriff Center if UH teams are in a battle for conference titles. Otherwise UH typically puts between 25,000 to 39,000 in their sets during winning seasons. Think in terms of Nebraska. They put normally around 80,000 a game in their seats! But year in year, empty sets everywhere, and that is why UH will never be in the PAC 12 ,sad as it maybe. But all so true!

Comment

There will be probably super conferences for college football when the BCS ends its contract.

Comment

Who predicted that UH would win 10 games before the season started? Coach Mac should have won WAC coach of the year.

Comment

It's sounds like a good deal to join the Mountain West except for the uncertain tv rights deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Who predicted that UH would win 10 games before the season started? Coach Mac should have won WAC coach of the year.
                              Until UH starts beating Boise St. regularly, all things positive go thru the blue and orange first.
                              I'm glad we'll keep them on our schedual as a goal to achieve and temper sudden head inflation syndrome.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              It's sounds like a good deal to join the Mountain West except for the uncertain tv rights deal.
                              UH needs to stay off national TV until they have winning firmly under their belts and are no longer prime time embarrassments.

Comment

Working...
                              X