Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well dung party of one

--Originally posted by wkai:
    "Lika Nui, why not get beyond your accusations, incriminations and condemnations of evolving Hawai'i culture and ideology"

To which I replied:

Having heard no answer from Waioli Kai, as expected, it's quite clear that they lied and that a troll is among us. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. -- LikaNui

That's your story and your stuck to it: like a dung fly stuck to something no other creature finds palatable, yet the fly takes comfort in his delusion that he has company and is not feasting alone. All other creatures see a dung pile with fly stuck to it admiring his own shadow.
    Last edited by waioli kai; April 10, 2007, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Re: Waioli kai, dung party of one

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
      That's your story and your stuck to it
      Yes, that is my signature line, not part of my post... which you conveniently forgot to answer, silly troll.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Yes, that is my signature line, not part of my post... which you conveniently forgot to answer, silly troll.
        And you were right to badger me for having written and posted what I directed at you: that is "...why not get beyond your accusations, incriminations and condemnations of evolving Hawai'i culture and ideology".
        I should not have directed such remarks at you. Having unexcusably, belatedly and only now reviewed those series of postings wherein I carelessly and wrongfully attributed to you that which I had meant for another, I do sincerely apologize. First I apologize for having mistakenly attributed to you that which was most certainly not from you; secondly, I apologize for having taken so long to attempt to rectify my mistake; thirdly, I apologize for the disparaging words which I heaped on you as a result of that for which my second apology is offered; and, though not to mean lastly, I apologize to everyone who, as yourself, were/are rightfully offended by my careless indiscretion in the matter. I hope that, my apologies accepted, some earned measure of mutual respect can be forthcoming although, between the two of us, I have thusly created the heavier burden to bear for a while.

Comment

• Re: Mr. Abercrombie has the floor

Thank you, WK.

Comment

Hmmm, most of the time I am a pretty dedicated lurker but I feel like I came in on the middle of this one.

Are you guys trying to set a record for flame wars?

I always thought that the meaning of 'haole' was taken from context. I kinda liked it when she said "E haole boy, come more close.".

Live and learn.

Comment

Very nicely written apology, Waioli Kai.
              Apology accepted.
              I'll assume it was meant sincerely and not sarcastically, unless proven otherwise.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• LikaNui, Mahalo for

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Very nicely written apology, Waioli Kai.
                Apology accepted.
                I'll assume it was meant sincerely and not sarcastically, unless proven otherwise.
                Mahalo. Yes on sincerity; no on sarcasm...as for "until proven otherwise", I do not wish to risk making a fool of myself so near in time to my most recent successful attempt, at your expense initially, by my now saying that I will never do it again, but I suspect this recent spanking will serve my memory well enough to at least retard the speed with which I dig a pit for myself to fall into headlong only to discover that I am absolutely unable to extract myself from it without appealing to him and/or them onto whom I had shoveled that which left undisturbed would otherwise have easily been traversed by anyone.
                Last edited by waioli kai; April 11, 2007, 01:24 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Comment

Amazing...there is a god after all
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• the Dough Attorney$ vs. KS , in Re: Mr. Abercrombie has the floor

Today sometime , if not already, the U.S. Supreme Court is supposed to release its decision about whether or not it will hear the (its all about Dough$ attorneys wanting to suck money out of KS to pay the fees their millionaire backers would otherwise have to pay the Dough attorneys*) Dough attorneys' Doe vs. KS case. Whether justUS or Justice will prevail seems about as probable as a flip of a coin. Wonder if the Court will tell how the Justice's votes stacked up?

* What educational facilities and services could KS have been otherwise able to provide the people whom they serve had they not been forced to shell out $$ to defend their good name and mission against the malicious attacks of the Dough Attorney$ ?

Comment

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
                      And you were right to badger me for having written and posted what I directed at you: that is "...why not get beyond your accusations, incriminations and condemnations of evolving Hawai'i culture and ideology".
                      I should not have directed such remarks at you. Having unexcusably, belatedly and only now reviewed those series of postings wherein I carelessly and wrongfully attributed to you that which I had meant for another, I do sincerely apologize. First I apologize for having mistakenly attributed to you that which was most certainly not from you; secondly, I apologize for having taken so long to attempt to rectify my mistake; thirdly, I apologize for the disparaging words which I heaped on you as a result of that for which my second apology is offered; and, though not to mean lastly, I apologize to everyone who, as yourself, were/are rightfully offended by my careless indiscretion in the matter. I hope that, my apologies accepted, some earned measure of mutual respect can be forthcoming although, between the two of us, I have thusly created the heavier burden to bear for a while.
                      this is a lovely apology to read. Quite a feast of sentences. Good one, Waioli Kai!

pax

Comment

This article is an interesting read.
                        UNDER THE OLD REGIME, the chiefs owned all the land and allowed the people their kuleanas. But anyone could be thrown out at any time if the chief took a dislike to him or if he wasn't producing enough tax.

Under the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act, the government still owns the land, the people still pay the tax, and the children are thrown off the land if they don't have enough Hawaiian blood.
                        Now, it is bad enough that Hawaiian homesteaders are denied true ownership of their land. What is worse is the psychological effect of telling a race of people that they are not competent to own land, that they cannot be trusted to value it properly, and that they must be taken care of by the government.

This is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you treat people as inferior, then you will succeed in convincing them that they are inferior.
                        "Ua mau ke ea o ka 'aina I ka pono" was the motto of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Today most politicians would have us believe that the life of the people is preserved in government handouts.

Let me propose another motto, as true today as it would have been 2,000 years ago: Seek ye first a society of free men and its economic opportunity and all things shall be added unto you.
                        Interesting points. You can agree or disagree.

Alohabear
                        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                          This article is an interesting read.Interesting points. You can agree or disagree.

Alohabear

Hawaii Reporter? Ken Conklin. Are you a comedian?
                          Last edited by Keanu; April 16, 2007, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                            Hawaii Reporter? Ken Conklin. Are you a comedian?
                            No, they really don't say anything negative....just their views. Read it .It might give you some answers for Tim.
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

Funny how I never saw Conklin's name in the article. Why bring him up?

I think it's funny when you hear a Hawaiian talk about how Hawaiian's will just sell off their land, and then they have nothing. I have a much higher opinion of their ability than that.

Pressing Keanu for an answer to my original question is not very nice. There is no answer, which is why he won't come up with anything. He painted himself into an impossible corner.

Incidentally, the right, honorable Mr. Abercrombie chose not to answer also.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                Funny how I never saw Conklin's name in the article. Why bring him up?
                                His crap was linked in another thread by haoleboy. Regardless, birds of a feather flock together.

Pressing Keanu for an answer to my original question is not very nice. There is no answer, which is why he won't come up with anything. He painted himself into an impossible corner.
                                I already stated that I don't share your views. You made a presumption in your intial comments. I told you I was going to respond to your thoughts on what you'd do with entities such as DHHL and the Kamehameha Schools, entities that are already up and running.I've been looking at various data from various sources...I just neeed to compile the data and summarize. It's not a real big priority for me...when it's done I will message you.

Incidentally, the right, honorable Mr. Abercrombie chose not to answer also.

Having an understanding of the way government works, I'd be inclined to say that your question (presumption) didn't warrant an answer from the Congressman. Your letter is probably on file under "crazy person" somewhere in his office.

Comment

Working...
                                X