Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Yeah, me too, I hate it when someone is nice to me with a smile and then actually thinks I'm gona SMILE BACK! Da nerve.
    mmm, complete lack of comprehension and/or mischaracterization of what i said.

just because you smile at someone doesn't mean s/he owes you a smile back, or that you are given permission to go all smile gestapo on them. if you feel like smiling, smile away--joyfully, with sincerity. that's a beautiful thing. on the other hand, i feel that if you expect someone to smile back at you or if you tell them to smile, then you're--at the very least--sullying the whole loving, altruistic thing that smiles should embody. at most, you're being an insensitive, self-centered prick. of course, there are exceptions, like being in a job where you're paid to smile no matter what, like the tourist industry.

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    and......that's my problem? i don't thinkso....

that's a personal problem....
    speaking of personal problems, if your response to the (albeit hypothetical) death of a patient and a caregiver's pain over it is that callous, then it's no wonder you've named yourself "seeking penance."
    Last edited by cynsaligia; December 28, 2008, 11:23 PM.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
      mmm, complete lack of comprehension and/or mischaracterization of what i said.

just because you smile at someone doesn't mean s/he owes you a smile back, or that you are given permission to go all smile gestapo on them. if you feel like smiling, smile away--joyfully, with sincerity. that's a beautiful thing. on the other hand, i feel that if you expect someone to smile back at you or if you tell them to smile, then you're--at the very least--sullying the whole loving, altruistic thing that smiles should embody. at most, you're being an insensitive, self-centered prick. of course, there are exceptions, like being in a job where you're paid to smile no matter what, like the tourist industry.

speaking of personal problems, if your response to the (albeit hypothetical) death of a patient and a caregiver's pain over it is that callous, then it's no wonder you've named yourself "seeking penance."
      than i'll continue to seek penance and a self-centered prick - insensitive at that too
      stay forever young

Comment

than i'll continue to seek penance and a self-centered prick - insensitive at that too
        Please call me now.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

what'd I do now - LOL

alright....on a serious note....we all have our ways of expressing ourselves...be it convoluted or whatmay in addition each and every individual have his/her different way of placing his/her anger at anyone for reasons unknown to any of us.

i must admit that i am self centered and who isn't? that alone will quantify my means as an individual on every level. we all come from different walks of life...rather our paths gracefully placed or tainted by the what mays we encountered; some not so memorable and some as examples at how we or i (Lomi) should be more careful at placing our thoughts and/or opinions based on consideration alone and not by our convoluted past.

therefore i sincerely apologize to cynsaligia if i have placed my choice of words without consideration

therefore i sincerely apologize

on a more pet peevish note

one of my other pet peeves are good looking men with less than perfect egotisitic attitudes. LOL

mahalo and have a great aloha monday
          stay forever young

Comment

Originally Posted by Serenity

DON'T LET THE DOGS OUT
            Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            My peeve - that song is now in my head (you know which one...)
            Yup . woof woof woof foof foof.lol. "Dont Let the dogs out!!".

oh, sorry about that, I just couldn't help that one. had to get that song off of my chest. lol

Have a nice day. :-)
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

[...]i must admit that i am self centered and who isn't?[...]
              We all have egos (a sense of self). It's how we express them that matters.

Comment

My biggest pet peeve are the drivers who KNOW the left or right lane is ending, yet purposely get out from the good lane and into the ending lane so they can cut off everyone else and be first. This is what causes about 90% of the delays on Ft. Weaver Rd. You KNOW the lanes are ending. Just stay where you are, let the people from the freeway merge in, DON'T CUT IN LINE, and the traffic will go so much faster.

It's like, who are you to think you're better than everyone else in line? Why do you get to cut? And the thing that really makes me mad is PEOPLE LET THEM IN EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I don't. Then they get mad at me and give me the finger and all sorts of things, but screw 'em. Let them sit there! They did it to themselves! They're not any more special that we are, and they're the ones causing the traffic back-ups! I had to wait in a 30 minute lane and they can wait just like everyone else.

This pisses me off to no end!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  My biggest pet peeve are the drivers who KNOW the left or right lane is ending, yet purposely get out from the good lane and into the ending lane so they can cut off everyone else and be first. This is what causes about 90% of the delays on Ft. Weaver Rd. You KNOW the lanes are ending. Just stay where you are, let the people from the freeway merge in, DON'T CUT IN LINE, and the traffic will go so much faster.

It's like, who are you to think you're better than everyone else in line? Why do you get to cut? And the thing that really makes me mad is PEOPLE LET THEM IN EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!! I don't. Then they get mad at me and give me the finger and all sorts of things, but screw 'em. Let them sit there! They did it to themselves! They're not any more special that we are, and they're the ones causing the traffic back-ups! I had to wait in a 30 minute lane and they can wait just like everyone else.

This pisses me off to no end!
                  OMG - this is EXACTLY my thought too! I just ignore them, look straight ahead and tail the car in front of me so they can't even try to sneak in front of me!
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

My pet peeve of the day is the increasing negativity and arguments I'm seeing here on HT.
                    1) Yes, there's a new troll or two, but it's common knowledge that while it can be fun to engage and outwit trolls, the best way to get rid of them is for everyone else to absolutely and totally ignore them. Trolls exist just to get a rise out of folks. No feedback and they go away quickly.
                    2) I'm also disappointed that some of the regulars here are getting personal in their responses. Debating a message is fine; attacking the messenger sucks. If somebody else's post has you that riled up, wait 24 hours before you reply.
                    Okay. Off my soapbox.
                    Carry on.
                    But please try to do it with some aloha.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

My screen name says it all (well almost). I hate people who do not follow the
                      law and have their dog(s) on a leash on the streets or let them run loose.
                      Follow through to that is those that DON'T PICK UP after their dog leaving
                      piles of dog crap along the lawns that we walk on/by. This is a daily
                      irritation during my 2 mile walks with Manele & Koele. I have been even
                      known to call out to dog walkers who I see leave their pile on my lawn
                      to FOLLOW THE LAW! One lady told me "well she's little and the pile is small."
                      SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!! O.K. enough of that now!

Comment

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3 - Slow Left Laners

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                        (Leo, if you jump in my fecals; for using the word ZOMBIE, claiming it is racist, you and I gotta meet at Makapuu for a secret meeting....*)
                        Zombie ... see ... no ... color ... ... ... only ... BRAINZ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          My pet peeve of the day is the increasing negativity and arguments I'm seeing here on HT.
                          1) Yes, there's a new troll or two, but it's common knowledge that while it can be fun to engage and outwit trolls, the best way to get rid of them is for everyone else to absolutely and totally ignore them. Trolls exist just to get a rise out of folks. No feedback and they go away quickly.
                          2) I'm also disappointed that some of the regulars here are getting personal in their responses. Debating a message is fine; attacking the messenger sucks. If somebody else's post has you that riled up, wait 24 hours before you reply.
                          Okay. Off my soapbox.
                          Carry on.
                          But please try to do it with some aloha.

I'm sorry
                          stay forever young

Comment

I'm sorry
                            Don't be. My post wasn't necessarily aimed at anyone in particular. (But if there was some advice in my post that you feel applies to you, feel free to take it to heart.)
                            Sure, a few of your posts have been kind of over the top, but more in an amusing way than in a negative/angry way. It's the increase in the latter that may thin out the HT ranks.
                            I used to moderate some forums, and in each I set up a section called The Sandbox. Any members who got into personality battles with each other would have their posts moved to The Sandbox, and they'd be restricted to that area so they could duke it out without disrupting the rest of the forums.
                            And if it still got too out of control then BOOM they were permanently banned.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              I used to moderate some forums, and in each I set up a section called The Sandbox. Any members who got into personality battles with each other would have their posts moved to The Sandbox, and they'd be restricted to that area so they could duke it out without disrupting the rest of the forums.
                              And if it still got too out of control then BOOM they were permanently banned.
                              And it should be noted that last resort has occurred here on HT to more than one member. Currently, the Sandbox™ here on HT is Private Messaging, so please kokua and don’t air out the personal grievances you may have with other HT members in this moderated public forum. Mahalo!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3 - Slow Left Laners

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Zombie ... see ... no ... color ... ... ... only ... BRAINZ!!!
                                Ah, I'm safe then.....
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X