Tattrat's trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattrat's trials

[quote=Peshkwe;244772]Tatty, what is it that you like doing that you get lost in 'cause it's so fun or relaxing? Use that to distract yourself from the chemo ickiness as much as possible. My Dad discovered Nintendo and Playstation, he'd spend hours playing games when the chemo got to him.

Another thing to keep an eye on is your teeth, if you don't have one, get with your oncologist and see if s/he can hook you up with a dentist that's had experience with folks going through chemo.

Oh yeah...and if anyone comes at you to take blood or anything that's gonna breach your skin...and YOU didn't see em wash up first or change their gloves before touching you....

Smack the snot out of em!!

Bring Barry who is old but has a 3rd Dan in Karate ~ I would sort them out Tatt feller.
    Lots of good advice heading your way this weekend.

Heal up, You do not have any permission from Lt.Colonel Barry (retired Brit Royal Navy) to become more ill.

Comment

dude, if you do decide to document your daily experiences online, be sure to let us know what the address is so we can all add our comments and questions and crash that server! like everyone's said, your positive attitude is priceless; hang in there and know that a lot of people are cheering for you.
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Been out of the loop for over a week with a crashed computer--but now I'm back...

(((((HUGS)))))

You know we all love and care about you--and God is with you. It's OK to be scared, but remember, quite often the "fear of the unknown" is worse than what really happens. Unless you're in labor. HAHAHA!! I know THAT isn't your problem!

Seriously, you are in my prayers. FEEL GOOD!

Comment

Hey, Tatt...how'reya doin'? Saw your photos in that thread and that you got out for a walk around the block. That's good news. Are you up to an update?!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Hey, Tatt...how'reya doin'? Saw your photos in that thread and that you got out for a walk around the block. That's good news. Are you up to an update?!

Update is: I find out this week about starting chemo. . .if not, then I am on some heavy drugs. I have appts with pulmonary, rheumatology, and internal, throw in a CT scan and some blood work and I am booked.

I did go back to work, against the suggestions of my drs, but I need OUT of the house. It is tough, I feel like if I am not giving 100% then I am a slacker, but my body is telling me I need to be careful and slow the hell down. After last week, I was whooped. Holidays are my bussiest time, so after Christmas, I am going to take some time off(provided I dont have to start chemo).

My company has been awesome, they are very sympathetic to the situation and are allowing me to work when I feel up to it, leave when I want so on and so forth. And only docked my pay -20hours, which is better then NO check at all after being out for 6 weeks.

This whole hurry up and wait game is a pain in the ass, but all part of the process I guess.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Listen to your body, Tatt!

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                It is tough, I feel like if I am not giving 100% then I am a slacker, but my body is telling me I need to be careful and slow the hell down.
                No slackness, Tat---your body has other priorities, and your new job of managing the illness and all the extended stuff is taking its toll. You have two jobs now.

Hug that sweet doggie and stay strong!

Comment

I feel like if I am not giving 100% then I am a slacker
                  Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  No slackness, Tat---your body has other priorities, and your new job of managing the illness and all the extended stuff is taking its toll. You have two jobs now.
                  Cyleet99 is right, T - you ARE giving 100%; you just have to give a higher percentage to your recovery now. If you don't focus on that, you'll soon have nothing left to give to any other job.

Comment

Update is: I find out this week about starting chemo. . .if not, then I am on some heavy drugs. I have appts with pulmonary, rheumatology, and internal, throw in a CT scan and some blood work and I am booked.

I did go back to work, against the suggestions of my drs, but I need OUT of the house. It is tough, I feel like if I am not giving 100% then I am a slacker, but my body is telling me I need to be careful and slow the hell down. After last week, I was whooped. Holidays are my bussiest time, so after Christmas, I am going to take some time off(provided I dont have to start chemo).

My company has been awesome, they are very sympathetic to the situation and are allowing me to work when I feel up to it, leave when I want so on and so forth. And only docked my pay -20hours, which is better then NO check at all after being out for 6 weeks.

This whole hurry up and wait game is a pain in the ass, but all part of the process I guess.

Yo Tatt Feller,

Sod how much they dock, you are worth more than money. Let's just get you healthy again and then start thinking about work.

Comment

• Re: Tattrat's trials

I did go back to work, against the suggestions of my drs, but I need OUT of the house. It is tough, I feel like if I am not giving 100% then I am a slacker, but my body is telling me I need to be careful and slow the hell down.
                      It is understandable that you want to go back to work. Getting back to "normal" is the dream of those with illness. Normal health, normal day, normal life. But, still, resist the urge to overdo it and take of yourself! Our cumulative HT thoughts and best wishes are with you.
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Well, next Friday, is going to be "the final day", as far as I am concerned. I will check in to the hospital for a round of tests, tests I would have thought were well established at his point, but oh well. I guess after 2000 years, this is why it is still a practice.

I thought I would know this week about the chemo thing, next Friday will be my final screening. Bone density test, full kidney and liver work up, just seeing if I am cool to do what hey gotta do. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a "medicine only" route, and after looking at he treatment, I am only missing 3 meds that I am not on, so I will see what happens. If I do radiated treatment, then all bets are off.

My dad, he might be here this week over the holidays ,so I am hoping I cn touch base. this is admittedly, the first time in a LONG time, I have felt "alone".

Once again, and as will be the course, it is now a game of hurry up and wait. Things will progress in a 4 week cycle from here on out basically. The only thing stopping me from selling everything off and pulling a solo "Honeymoon with myself" is that I might need the facilities I have available here.

I have thought a lot, I might have thought too much, but I tell you what, I don't regret things, I wouldn't change things, and if anything, it has strengthened my resolve to keep on keepin on. And, I will rely on my career to allow me the chances to ravel to more places, experience more things and I will savor it more, witha new found appreciatation for things I might have otherwise taken for granted.

***Spell check is not doing it's job, I apologize for my any typos
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

I hope you and your dad are able to get together. Yes, we are here, but it's not the same as having a physical being there with you.

I'm glad you've made peace with things and with yourself. I think you've made a good decision to stay put until you lick this. Then you can set off again, strong and healthly. I hope with all my heart that you pass all your tests and will not have to get radiated.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Prayin' for you and that new pup, Tat.

Much love and long-distance support. Cindy

Comment

Hey Tatt, we HTers are still hanging in there with you, and sending you our "vibes" of strength. I hope you a few good days during Thanksgiving-time to recharge your mental batteries. You're doing good, keep marching towards recovery, we are along side you.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

There's only two that I know of that can impact the outcomes you face, Tatt.
                                One is whomever you conceive of as "God" - and the other is yourself.

I won't impose my beliefs on you, but I will tell you that positive thoughts regarding a situation will generate positive outcomes more often than not, and that any appeals to whatever you conceive of as God can generate positive outcomes.

There is one God, though people have been taught many names by pretenders. Ask God for help, as I will, for you. Believe you are deserving. I believe you are.

My prayers go out for your health.

K
                                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                                ~ ~
                                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X