X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Our annual meeting is March 3. Wish us luck.
    The fastest way to change is to elect a new board. But unless you get some proxies in your favor or have a sizable show at the annual meeting, that's not going to happen. The big issue is the proxies. Usually it's the BOD or just the president that controls the proxy votes. He who controls the proxies just about controls the game board.

It may be too late for you to register as an alternate for soliciting proxies, but if I was in your shoes, that's exactly what I'd be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      The fastest way to change is to elect a new board. But unless you get some proxies in your favor or have a sizable show at the annual meeting, that's not going to happen. The big issue is the proxies. Usually it's the BOD or just the president that controls the proxy votes. He who controls the proxies just about controls the game board.

It may be too late for you to register as an alternate for soliciting proxies, but if I was in your shoes, that's exactly what I'd be doing.
      Yes, we're aware that, in this case, proxies are everything. We have a very dedicated team of owners and Waianae Coast realtors soliciting proxies and did not just depend on the management company's mail out. We've been having regular meetings and regular mail outs to all owners keeping them updated on the situation. Our biggest obstacle is apathetic mainland owner/investors who just don't want to bother with reading anything when they haven't YET been affected. They just check the first box giving the BoD their voting rights and mail it in. We're trying to drive home the point that their investments will continue to tank unless they help to do something about the situation; help, in the form of their proxies. Our team is also doing "other things" <g> that I can't mention here. I've mentioned only those "things" we know the "perpetrators" are aware of!

Even the local realtors have called for the RM's removal.

Comment

vote of "No Confidence" should rile them up a bit.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I can't find the thread this should go on.

Anyways, Half hour ago I answered my home phone to a fast talking answering machine (female voice). Speaking about a Warranty for my Automobile. I have full coverage which I just renewed in December so I knew it was a SCAM!

It gave directions to either press certain numbers to be connected or dial nine to be taken off of their list.

The proper thing to to do is to hang-up and report to Hawantel. They are aware of the Scam and collecting data.

Did I dial nine?

Wat you think?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I never listened long enough to hear that about dialling numbers.
            Got the call 3 times now over the past year. And I don't own a car!
            HaHa!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Every pet peeve can have a bit of a silver lining, I think. I was headed to an appt. this afternoon when, on Ala Moana right in front of Ala Moana Center, my car decided to passed out! I coasted into the AMC parking lot, called the car doctor and car ambulance (thank GOD for AAA) then had at least one hour to kill as AAA was having a very busy day. Weird!

Anyway, since I've been known to declare that I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping, AMC had me in it's grip for the duration in spite of my shopophobia. Spent a nice hour wandering around and buying nothing. I knew to stay out of the Apple Store!

A sweetheart of a car ambulance driver came to my rescue, put the car on a gurney then sped to the car hospital. It was a short walk home.

The real pet peeve will come tomorrow with the repair bill!

Comment

When co-workers under my supervision abuse their "Sick hours" benefit.

Our policy at work is that after 2 sick days off, the employee needs to bring in a doctor's slip. So I have one guy who has none saved up since he's always using it. Keeps making me scramble for watch coverage.

Call it gut instinct or suspicion, whatever, but it doesn't fit that a guy gets sick for a day or two a few times a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  When co-workers under my supervision abuse their "Sick hours" benefit.

Our policy at work is that after 2 sick days off, the employee needs to bring in a doctor's slip. So I have one guy who has none saved up since he's always using it. Keeps making me scramble for watch coverage.

Call it gut instinct or suspicion, whatever, but it doesn't fit that a guy gets sick for a day or two a few times a month.
                  Isn't that grounds for dismissal, MM...as long as you know he's not undergoing something serious like chemo? So, he gets past the doctor's slip by not taking off more than 2 days?

One of my 20-something colleagues was diagnosed with cancer in December. Youth...a great marriage...2 babies...not fair. She has chemo every Thursday which wipes her out thru the week-end. She was hired to work on a movie with full knowledge of her condition by production. Oh wait...you can read about it here. She's my hero. And, so are the producers.

Comment

Isn't that grounds for dismissal, MM...as long as you know he's not undergoing something serious like chemo? So, he gets past the doctor's slip by not taking off more than 2 days?

One of my 20-something colleagues was diagnosed with cancer in December. Youth...a great marriage...2 babies...not fair. She has chemo every Thursday which wipes her out thru the week-end. She was hired to work on a movie with full knowledge of her condition by production. Oh wait...you can read about it here. She's my hero. And, so are the producers.
                    ...and the City and State employees get four days before a note is required so that can make for a long weekend, from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                      ...and the City and State employees get four days before a note is required so that can make for a long weekend, from what I've heard.
                      ...and the Gas Company required a note if you were out more than two days or in conjuction with a weekend, unless you were management.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Sue:
                        I visited Ashley's site. What a beautiful soul she is. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I feel like my life is the pits and a visit to a site like that sets me straight.
                        Lynn:
                        I get that automated phone call about our van's warranty weekly. Usually on a weekend night. Funny thing is, the dude promises THIS IS THE VERY LAST CHANCE (at least that's what I'm hearing as I'm hanging up), and yet he keeps calling like a dopey old boyfriend.

My pet peeve today?
                        I'll pass. There's plenty, but I should just let a good night's sleep do the healing.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

1)Isn't that grounds for dismissal, MM...as long as you know he's not undergoing something serious like chemo?
                          2)So, he gets past the doctor's slip by not taking off more than 2 days?
                          It should be... and yes.

The trouble is that upper management allows it in many departments.
                          They see it, but do nothing.

Although I'm the Lieutenant for the 3rd Watch, I'm basically a glorified shift leader with responsibilities without power.
                          So just making the best of it.

Comment

Pet Peeve - phone survey calls. [Which makes me wonder why would anyone give personal information or opinions over the phone to a complete stranger??]
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              Sue:
                              I visited Ashley's site. What a beautiful soul she is. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I feel like my life is the pits and a visit to a site like that sets me straight. [...]
                              Yep...Ash is an amazing young lady. She's adored by everyone in our industry. Truly a case of when bad things happen to good people. I guess that's my pet peeve.

Comment

my pet peeve of the day is writing infected by rambling, run-on sentences with arbitrary punctuation and littered with frivolously copious interjections. the disorganization is unsightly literary graffiti to my eyes. makes me want to assault it with a green pen, or better yet, eradicate it completely.
                                Last edited by cynsaligia; April 30, 2008, 10:16 PM.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X