Ron Menor + DUI = Train wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ron Menor + DUI = Train wreck

Interesting-- Menor lost the primary by only 123 votes.

Well, heck, at least a "majority" of voters remembered long enough to make a difference.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/09/21/news/story07.html
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Sad to see he go. My friends tell me take he was a alright guy. Guess some of us have our human weaknesses held against us.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        Sad to see he go. My friends tell me take he was a alright guy. Guess some of us have our human weaknesses held against us.
        Menor wasn’t a do-nothing senator, that’s for sure. His landmark “Gas Cap” legislation, though ultimately repealed, was the first real effort by any Hawai‘i politician to address our skyrocketing gasoline prices. Unfortunately, his DUI conviction proved to have turned public sentiment against him, particularly since he had his two young children in the vehicle at the time.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
          Oh, cry me a river, why don't you. Menor only has himself to blame for his DUI arrest. His initially making a million and one lame excuses instead of immediately taking responsibility for his actions didn't help matters any, I would suspect. One could certainly ask this quesion to any of the voters in his district who formerly supported him in past elections, but turned against him this year.

With all that said,.... I felt that he (or Colleen Hanabusa) would have been a better candidate for Congress in '06 than Mazie (Lazy) Hirono was. Oh well. Ron is still in his early 50s, so it's not as if he's ready for the retirement home just yet! If he really wants to continue in public service, there will be time for him to regain the public's respect and opportunities to run for office again (i.e. state legislature, city council, board of education, etc.)
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X