Waikiki dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waikiki dying

Stayed in Waikiki over the weekend it was very crowded which I hope is an encouraging sign.

Aj

Comment

I worked this weekend...it was very BUSY!

Today I'm "OFF!"

*yay*

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Waikiki is indeed dead, no matter how many people are out and about. There is virtually nothing of quality or worthwhile interest there any more.
        'They' have remove all the old good and replaced it with high end shops and soulless venues that have little unique to offer. Many are sporting stupid styles of music you can hear in any crummy town instead of giving the best Hawaiian/local musicians an outlet for their art/craft. Waikiki history? What's left? The two old hotels, The Natatorium, Diamond Head, the beach, that's it.
        Waikiki used to have it all, now, nothing.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Silly question, but are Grindz food or music?

Comment

Originally posted by Camber View Post
            Not silly at all - the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Camber View Post
              I think that no question is silly, but if you feel silly asking, there is a book you can get that will clear up most of your pidgin questions. Pidgin to da Max by Peppo. I recomend the 25th anniversary version because it includes all the words from both Pidgin to da Max and Pidgin to da Max Hana Hou in one alphabetical list. Very useful for figuring out what locals are saying. And very funny cartoons, too.

Comment

You have to go away from Waikiki for an extended period of time, then come back and experience it. In Hilo I can't even think of a place where there's a lot of night time excitement...hmmm...nope nothing.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

(Photo courtesy from Yelp)

Last night, I was at the closing of Coconut Willys.

Ok. There are two Coconut Willys.

One on Beachwalk and the other at International Market Place.

I was at IMP. It is no more.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; July 1, 2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Every Thursdays at The International Market Place Trader Vic's Area features Farmer's Market 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Lot's of fresh fruits and vegetables. BBQ and all kinds of products!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: Waikiki is ALIVE!

Last week, ukapila people! Da kaukau was ono! I bought Homemade Laulau and BBQ Steak and Chicken. Choice of Brown Rice or White Rice. Desserts galore. Vegetables and fruits up the yangs yangs. Thusdays ~ at International Market Place. Trader Vics Area. 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Pupule

Comment

Wow, that bread looks delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by susie View Post
                          Wow, that bread looks delicious!
                          Everything was DELICIOUS. I had a hard time doing my patrols afta. My opu was full.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Eh- now I'm getting homesick. (can you be homesick for someplace you only lived for a short period of time?) I caught a glimpse of a Banyon Tree in the background. And I tried to find some sticky bread at Sam's when we were there last weekend, but all they have is nasty Texas bread. Bleh! So eat some bread for me and enjoy it, please!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                              Bleh! So eat some bread for me and enjoy it, please!
                              Ahhhhh....I'll it a whole loaf for you sweetie! That is a Banyan Tree, one of many. The main one is located as you enter from Kalakaua Ave. It is over 100 years old.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: Waikiki is ALIVE!

Farmer's Market today at International Market Place!

4:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Free Hula Show at 7:00 pm. Derek Daniels Productions.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X