This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

Give the guy a break. He was on Keeamoku. The street of happy endings. Did you see his ex-wife? Maybe he wanted a lookalike that can be found on that street.

Comment

SIZE="3"]My wife and I were in the islands in December and we spent some time driving around down town. I wanted to see China Town and the Palace. By chance we happened to see the Dogs office a few blocks over from the Palace so we stopped and took a few pictures. It struck me about how old the building looked and it was very small. It was on a Sunday so no one was there. I looked inside and it looked very tiny inside! It's always funny on TV how things can look much bigger then what they are.

The space right next door was empty and it looked like they might be expanding the space. Boy do they need it.

What is t he situation with Dog and the show as far as local gossip goes? I think A & E wanted to wait awhile for things to cool off,die down and they will put the show back on because if you go to the web-site they have a poll there where you can vote if he should be back on or not? I didn’t see the results, but I think they will. I'm sure he's is a huge money maker for A &. E.
      [/SIZE]

Comment

My wife and I were in the islands in December and we spent some time driving around down town. I wanted to see China Town and the Palace. By chance we happened to see the Dogs office a few blocks over from the Palace so we stopped and took a few pictures. It struck me about how old the building looked and it was very small. It was on a Sunday so no one was there. I looked inside and it looked very tiny inside! It's always funny on TV how things can look much bigger then what they are.

The space right next door was empty and it looked like they might be expanding the space. Boy do they need it.

What is the situation with Dog and the show as far as local gossip goes? I think A & E wanted to wait awhile for things to cool off,die down and they will put the show back on because if you go to the web-site they have a poll there where you can vote if he should be back on or not? I didn’t see the results, but I think they will. I'm sure he's is a huge money maker for A &. E.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

I was surprised to read on this thread that Dog actually lives in Kona!

By the way......rains as all of you locals know were horrible. Kona was horrible and buckets upon buckets on Kauai! Wow! They said worse rains in 20 years!

Comment

Originally posted by coop5054 View Post
          My wife and I were in the islands in December and we spent some time driving around down town. I wanted to see China Town and the Palace. By chance we happened to see the Dogs office a few blocks over from the Palace so we stopped and took a few pictures. It struck me about how old the building looked and it was very small. It was on a Sunday so no one was there. I looked inside and it looked very tiny inside! It's always funny on TV how things can look much bigger then what they are.

What is the situation with Dog and the show as far as local gossip goes? I think A & E wanted to wait awhile for things to cool off,die down and they will put the show back on because if you go to the web-site they have a poll there where you can vote if he should be back on or not? I didn’t see the results, but I think they will. I'm sure he's is a huge money maker for A &. E.[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

I was surprised to read on this thread that Dog actually lives in Kona!

By the way......rains as all of you locals know were horrible. Kona was horrible and buckets upon buckets on Kauai! Wow! They said worse rains in 20 years!

Yeah, I hear TV can add 10 acres to the size of your office, haha! I wonder if it increases the size of one's bust?

No, the Chapmans don't live in Kona, they live in Portlock, near Koko Head School. Unless they moved? I see them when I take my girls to school.

Kona rarely gets that kinda rain, so it was an oddity!

I don't watch the show, but the most recent was his case got thrown out in Mexico and one of his partners or sidekicks or sons or employees was arrested for being naked in his truck and spilling OJ on a police officer? Definitely sounds like an A&E pilot possibility to me!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            [...]and one of his partners or sidekicks or sons or employees was arrested for being naked in his truck and spilling OJ on a police officer? Definitely sounds like an A&E pilot possibility to me!
            You cleaned that up nicely for the family-friendly HT, LG! (see post #312 above) Yep, sidekick with the same last name as Dog...my former office neighbor.

Comment

I hear TV can add 10 acres to the size of your office, haha! I wonder if it increases the size of one's bust?
              Sure it does. Pam Anderson, Dolly Parton and Dog's wife Beth are all 32-B.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No, the Chapmans don't live in Kona, they live in Portlock, near Koko Head School. Unless they moved? I see them when I take my girls to school.
                Now that makes more sense to me. I had read on this thread they lived in Kona. I thought to myself that it didn't make sense unless they owned a second home. I know they do (from the show) have an office in Kona, so maybe the earlier poster was just confused.

My wife and I drove close to where they live. We took Diamond Head road until it turned into Kalaha ave which we took until it made a dead end at the Manderian Hotel (right where Jack Lord Lived). Then we jumped on the H1 and drove east until we got to the Hanauma Bay. Wow, that was just a beautiful area! So we drove right by Portlock. Very nice homes out there. Kalaha area was just stunning! I assume that is where all the most expensive homes are?
                Last edited by coop5054; February 15, 2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coop5054 View Post
                  Now that makes more sense to me. I had read on this thread they lived in Kona. I thought to myself that it didn't make sense unless they owned a second home. I know they do (from the show) have an office in Kona, so maybe the earlier poster was just confused.

My wife and I drove close to where they live. We took Diamond Head road until it turned into Kalaha ave which we took until it made a dead end at the Manderian Hotel (right where Jack Lord Lived). Then we jumped on the H1 and drove east until we got to the Hanauma Bay. Wow, that was just a beautiful area! So we drove right by Portlock. Very nice homes out there. Kalaha area was just stunning! I assume that is where all the most expensive homes are?
                  Well, it USED to be the most expensive Zip Code on Oahu, but, probably thanks to my neighborhood, where nice, salt-of-the-earth folks live in track houses on the other side of Kalanianaole Hwy, along Lunalilo Home Road, are mostly retirees or multi-generational residences, or those of us scraping by, it is no longer the richest place on Oahu. So, yeah, in Portlock, there are beautiful, expensive and fancy homes, but the income level of residents in Aina Haina, probably thanks to Mariner's Ridge, is higher. More captains of industry, actual working executives living up there in the ocean-view seats!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well, it USED to be the most expensive Zip Code on Oahu, but, probably thanks to my neighborhood, where nice, salt-of-the-earth folks live in track houses on the other side of Kalanianaole Hwy, along Lunalilo Home Road, are mostly retirees or multi-generational residences, or those of us scraping by, it is no longer the richest place on Oahu. So, yeah, in Portlock, there are beautiful, expensive and fancy homes, but the income level of residents in Aina Haina, probably thanks to Mariner's Ridge, is higher. More captains of industry, actual working executives living up there in the ocean-view seats!
                    What about all those homes up in the hills just north of you? My wife and I didn't drive up in there, but it was interesting to see all of those homes hugging the hill-side with the clouds hanging low over them.

Comment

I actually meant to say all of the homes just to the east of you....not the north.

Comment

The show is back in production.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I met Duane "Dog" Chapman and his wife when I inspected the home they are about to purchase. It is on Oahu, but far from Portlock. He and Beth were the most gracious people you would ever want to meet - I liked them immediately. I guess he has cultivated the TV personna to draw the fans.

Comment

So...they're moving to north shore?
                            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Chapman's son accused violating parole.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/02/26/news/story05.html

Boy, can you imagine what would happen if Tucker Chapman escaped and became a fugitive? Dog, the bounty hunter, on a mission to find his boy!
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

November...
                                Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                MediaSpeak: "for the foreseeable future"
                                English: "until people move on to the next celebrity scandal"
                                February...
                                Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                                Gee. What. A. Surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X