• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Food Network

I like Paula Deen, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      This Wednesday, the show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" pays a visit to Bobby's Hawaiian Style Restaurant in Everett, WA (north of Seattle), run by Hawaiian expat Bobby Nakihei. When we learn the air-date, I'll let you know.
      Erika Engle did a piece about this episode for the Star Bulletin this morning. (Pssst, Erika! There are more than 7 Hawaiian style restaurants in the area, if you count all the fast food places. Next time I see Bobby, I'll remind him).

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; August 14, 2007, 02:11 PM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        (Pssst, Erika! There are more than 7 Hawaiian style restaurants in the area, if you count all the fast food places).
        Those things called quotation marks mean that it was Nakihei who made that statement, not Engle.

Reading comprehension is tough, but necessary.

Comment

Deleted here, as I don't know who said what when now.
          Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 14, 2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is. Especially when you missed this part:
            Touche. You actually posted something with substance, instead of your typical drivel.

Too bad Miulang went back and added that last part after I made my post. It wasn't there originally.

Try again.

Comment

Yes, it is. Especially when you missed this part:
              Actually, he posted his snarky remark before I had a chance to go and edit my post (I was in the process of reviewing the post when he posted, and since I have him on ignore, I had no idea what snarky comment he made until you happened to quote him).

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Too bad Miulang went back and added that last part after I made my post. It wasn't there originally.
                Whatever - not worth wasting time in that mudhole again, especially when "truth" is so subjective.
                Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 14, 2007, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Well, damn - you got me on that. Shall I apologize on the "Apology Thread," or will it suffice to say "I'm sorry" here, Joe?
                  No apology necessary. And the edit was done waaaaaaay after I made my post, which makes me think it was done IN RESPONSE to what I wrote. Not because she was "reviewing" what she wrote.

What a joke.

Comment

FWIW - even though I changed the post that Joe quoted - the apology stands.

Comment

• Re: The Food Network

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                      We watch the food network for recipes and for seeing how some things are manufactured. Thanks to Paula Deen we discovered the recipe for this family's favorite soup, by far. That is the Taco Soup, and it's barely soupy and dang for flavor, energy, it's filling and did I mention it tastes awesome?
                      I got an awesome recipe for southern fried chicken from her show too. Marinate the chicken in hot sauce, then coat with seasoned flour (salt, pepper and garlic). Then fry on med-low heat in peanut oil (unless you have peanut alergies of course) until golden brown. The lower heat insures the chicken is done on the inside. Best fried chicken I've ever eaten.

Comment

My favorite show in "Dinner Impossible." That guy Robert Irvin does some pretty mean cooking under "Nearly Impossible" circumstances. Wednesday's at 7pm, opposite Bravo's Top Chef.
                        GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

i like rachel ray and ina garten. especially ina because her recipes are awesome and her cooking techniques are simple.

sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalinder View Post
                            sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.
                            Way too cutesy for me. Does she still match the kitchen decor with the food? Wasn't she the one that had a pink kitchen on the show when she prepared pink food? Or was it that her dress matched the kitchen? Either way, I think I watched her show once. Onnnly once......

Comment

[QUOTE=Lalalinder;159897sandra lee on semi homemade is my least favorite. her food and table settings look horrible.[/QUOTE]
                              Yeah, but she's the hotness.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

About Sandra Lee:

I watched a bio about her. I think she was the oldest of four kids and they were orphans and she raised them and she fed them and had to come up with creative ways to save money, lived with her grandma for a while, it's really a compelling story. So when I first saw her and her schtick, I thought what a gimmick...but she deserves more credit. Do you remember that window treatment thingy AS SEEN ON TV? She INVENTED that. Talk about HOAKEY! But really. It's indicative of her drive and ambition, to rise out of the stratum to which she was born. Man, every time I'm scratching my head about what to feed my kids, I think about reaching for a can of cream of mushroom soup...and she lets me off the hook.
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X